• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Wolves (h) - Sunday 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't get over is Gerrard taking coutinho off right after he got the second to try to protect the lead. At Man City. Like that has ever worked. Fucking madness.

Did he change formation or something as well? Looks that way from the player he brought on.
Really poor game management.

I dont get them attacking the Villa keeper. They were trashing the goals etc too. Points deduction surely?

It's a bit petty to be asking for something unprecedented. However, the Premier League should 100% bring rules in to prevent that in future. Both at the top and the bottom of the league.

Pitch invasion = 3 points deduction and hefty fine for the club involved (say 1 x average home match day revenue). Everton want to celebrate being 16th? Nope... that'd mean a points deduction and the win invalid! Same for City. But it can't be brought in retrospectively.

You'll always get a few idiots, but a few idiots can be dealt with by the stewards. Hundreds upon Hundreds, the stewards have 0% chance.

What I can't get over is Gerrard taking coutinho off right after he got the second to try to protect the lead. At Man City. Like that has ever worked. Fucking madness.

I mean he's always had a brainless streak, but I would've thought Gary Mac would be in his ear saying give it a bit.

It's a bit petty to be asking for something unprecedented. However, the Premier League should 100% bring rules in to prevent that in future. Both at the top and the bottom of the league.

Pitch invasion = 3 points deduction and hefty fine for the club involved (say 1 x average home match day revenue). Everton want to celebrate being 16th? Nope... that'd mean a points deduction and the win invalid! Same for City. But it can't be brought in retrospectively.

You'll always get a few idiots, but a few idiots can be dealt with by the stewards. Hundreds upon Hundreds, the stewards have 0% chance.
Was tongue in cheek mate. What a bunch of sad fucks though?

You'd get dickheads going to opposition grounds to stir shit. Needs to be football banning orders against the idiots themselves. Can't buy a ticket without ID, you want to pass off to someone that's on them but ticket holder would still face ban. It'd stop this shit instantly.

You'd get dickheads going to opposition grounds to stir shit. Needs to be football banning orders against the idiots themselves. Can't buy a ticket without ID, you want to pass off to someone that's on them but ticket holder would still face ban. It'd stop this shit instantly.

I agree with this too, it's hard to stop it though unless the club is punished too. There needs to be a tolerance level obviously, as you will get a group of 20-30 individuals who may infiltrate the opposition end.

The alternative is a return to the dark days of fencing before the pitch.

Yeah the slip chat doesn't sit well with me either. Its uncouth.

I didn't watch any of the Villa game so can't comment on how the game was panning out. But Gerrard was part of the Rodgers team that was lambasted for not closing up shop Vs Palace that time. Maybe he felt it was wise to shore things up. I don't think taking off Coutinho was the thing to do but bringing on defensive players wasn't crazy. City were always going to throw the kitchen sink at it. I'm more pissed off with the 5 mins capitulation.

Probably all fixed to make it look like shitty didnt walk the title. I think they will next year. We've done amazing to keep up whilst playing by the rules.

Your not suggesting fan ID cards are you, Maggie?

Probably all fixed to make it look like shitty didnt walk the title. I think they will next year. We've done amazing to keep up whilst playing by the rules.

Agree with the last bit only. FFS let's not start imitating all those Citeh fans who've been blabbering on about conspiracies all season. And there's no f******g way they or anybody else other than us is walking the title when we're in this league.

Your not suggesting fan ID cards are you, Maggie?

Don't get the reference, but I'm not suggesting anything that isn't already in place. It's either a season ticket holder or a member whose purchased a ticket so that's tied to an ID, and for those rare occassions that something may hit a general sale (still need membership though?) then you can't buy one without some valid form of ID. It's not a difficult concept, or hard to enforce.

Not only was the manner in which City won it very cruel (to us)... having hope for so long only for it to be snatched away at the death... I hadn't even considered the fact that it'd get the "one for the ages" type fanfare. Sigh.

Guardiola is an oddly insecure guy.

Imagine how gutted we'd have been if Villa held on to win yesterday, and we were held 1-1. For about 20 minutes that looked on the cards.

I'm not gutted. If we dont win big ears, which is very possible, then I'll be gutted, but city don't really get any credit for winning the league and that's the justice that is entirely absent from the game itself.

I'm not gutted. If we dont win big ears, which is very possible, then I'll be gutted, but city don't really get any credit for winning the league and that's the justice that is entirely absent from the game itself.
Other fans would despise us winning the league because they can hide behind the excuse of “we can’t compete with an oil state”. The media won’t give any credit to city because it’s footy manager on cheat mode.

Last edited:
Just hearing about the man shitty pitch invasion (turned off the tv straight after the ref blew for f/t and stayed away from news media) and assault on the villa keeper . Absolutely mental that that would even be a though in their head after winning. It wasn't even one guy , there was loads who were abusing the keeper. They then went on to destroy the goal posts .
You'd have to think that if that's how they act when they are happy , what would they have done if they had lost. Keeper getting stabbed probably
They love to take some sort of moral digs at us over heysel but this shows they are a couple of levels below us. Pure scumbag fans

Other fans would despise us winning the league because they can hide behind the excuse of “we can’t compete with an oil state”. The media won’t give any credit to city because it’s footy manager on cheat mode.

I spent a while hoping Chelsea would win because it just didn't mean anything to me. It wasn't any more fun than hoping united lost. Plus there's the real punishment of watching shit football most of the time.

As if that is any sort of deterrent. It needs to be a prison sentence starting at 6 months for any on pitch aggression. Lifetime football ground ban (all football grounds) and again maybe a 6 week prison sentence for pitch invasions.

Here in China there'd just execute them. Problem = Solution.

As if that is any sort of deterrent. It needs to be a prison sentence starting at 6 months for any on pitch aggression. Lifetime football ground ban (all football grounds) and again maybe a 6 week prison sentence for pitch invasions.

Here in China there'd just execute them. Problem = Solution.

Just like in Venezuela.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom