• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season 21/22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to say Gordon at 16 looks good enough for our bench already. Very good/creative passer, excellent control, fine shot, runs and runs and runs. Could see him getting minutes though unlikely to be until FAC/LC.

Ox : mixed bag. In the 30 mins I watched he gave away the ball twice and committed two fouls. Run his guts out and a couple of good crosses.

Origi : He gets himself into good positions and then fucks it up. 3 good chances, one the penalty, one that was cleared off the line.

Minamino sort of disappeared after his excellent goal.

Not wanting to open a new thread and with no other thread to post this in I'm dropping it here.

Very sad. Just 18.

Emilio Ballack, the son of former Germany and Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack, has died at the age of 18.
The teenager was involved in a quad-bike accident which police told Reuters took place in the early hours of Thursday morning south of Lisbon.

Just saw the goals from the Bologna game.
What's up with that kit? Looks like we're Man U.

Looks like more useful minutes for many of the team. Good to see Jota & Sadio popping it in the net, even if both were gifts.

Preseason games can usually be divided into 2 categories.

Firstly the games where its clearly just about fitness building kickabout and getting a look at some fringe players while others are still away or injured. These games tell you next to nothing about the season ahead as pretty every player at the club gets a runout and half of them will end up out on loan.

Then as the season gets closer the quality of opposition increases and you get a few games where pretty much the first team squad is all in place and playing at 80%. Those games might give you an idea of changes to expect during the season, like who will be the starting CB pair or who is our back up no 9.

So far we've really only been playing the kickabout type and the Bilbao game on Sunday is the first game game where I'd expect to see the real squad or as close to it as possible.

Preseason games can usually be divided into 2 categories.

Firstly the games where its clearly just about fitness building kickabout and getting a look at some fringe players while others are still away or injured. These games tell you next to nothing about the season ahead as pretty every player at the club gets a runout and half of them will end up out on loan.

Then as the season gets closer the quality of opposition increases and you get a few games where pretty much the first team squad is all in place and playing at 80%. Those games might give you an idea of changes to expect during the season, like who will be the starting CB pair or who is our back up no 9.

So far we've really only been playing the kickabout type and the Bilbao game on Sunday is the first game game where I'd expect to see the real squad or as close to it as possible.
Whilst I don't disagree with your premise ... a serious question. Did you watch the Bologna games? Personally I thought they were a clear step up from kickabout. These were players trying to make the squad or prove they are first team worthy.

Rafa and the Blueshite 3-0 down after 30 mins at OT.
Could have been 5 or 6.
They look terrible.

E7LyH-dWEAAW7Q7.jpg

Ake LOL, kicks Kelechi and Pen Leicester.

Come on Daka lad.

Edit: Or Kelechi rather....SCORESSSSSSS

Liverpool name a strong starting line-up for this afternoon's friendly encounter with Athletic Club at Anfield.

Virgil van Dijk joins Trent Alexander-Arnold, Andy Robertson and Joel Matip in defence, while Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Diogo Jota make up the attack.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Keita, Elliott, Mane, Salah, Jota.
Subs: Karius, Pitaluga, R. Williams, Gordon, Woodburn, Beck, Cain, Morton, Bradley, Koumetio.

Think we can probably establish the team for Osasuna tomorrow then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom