• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre season: Napoli (N)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out the Scots banned it in the 80s coz of all the scrapping. You can drink in lounges / boxes, which doesn't seem very fair.

Serves me right for going to a pre season game. The last one I went to was about 10 years ago and I only went coz it was an invite into a box and I wanted to see what it was like, but that was boring too.

Never again.

I can hardly be arsed watching the Community Shield, never mind some half-arsed ressies runaround in July.

I learned my lesson when I watched a pre-season game in a bar in Clapham, very nicely buzzed, and observed Anthony LeTallec run rings around some no-hopers, and me and my cousin were like "This kid could be boss!".

Fuck pre-season.

I got given the tickets by someone supplying booze to my cursed scottish boozer, otherwise it would never have entered my head. As it turned out we had a good day out in Edinburgh, the footy just interrupted it for an hour or so.

I can hardly be arsed watching the Community Shield, never mind some half-arsed ressies runaround in July.

I learned my lesson when I watched a pre-season game in a bar in Clapham, very nicely buzzed, and observed Anthony LeTallec run rings around some no-hopers, and me and my cousin were like "This kid could be boss!".

Fuck pre-season.
you remind me of the great old days of Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle, Bruno Cheyrou, Gregory Vignal, Salif Diao and El Hadji Diouf

what a great life then

you remind me of the great old days of Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle, Bruno Cheyrou, Gregory Vignal, Salif Diao and El Hadji Diouf

what a great life then

Yeah, but it's hardly like that lot were all playing at the same time or in the same team, there was still plenty of talent around.

(I think Cheyrou also played in that game I mentioned, and also looked great)

Who can forget Cheyrou’s performance against Lazio, thought he was the next Zidane in that game.

I got given the tickets by someone supplying booze to my cursed scottish boozer, otherwise it would never have entered my head. As it turned out we had a good day out in Edinburgh, the footy just interrupted it for an hour or so.
Cursed?! I assume you've run into some problems then?

Bought it two years ago when I was mad. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Had big problems which turned it into a total money pit and thought it would never be a thing. Now it's looking boss and will be open some time in August. I've pretty much moved up here now, it's really lovely round here

Bought it two years ago when I was mad. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Had big problems which turned it into a total money pit and thought it would never be a thing. Now it's looking boss and will be open some time in August. I've pretty much moved up here now, it's really lovely round here
I love Scotland. Well, a lot of it anyway, fell in love with the Highlands when I was a teenager & used to spend most of my summer holidays there.

I'd have gladly moved there if Bex would move away from her family.

Loved Edinburgh on our first UK trip in 2015 - not sure how’s it’s in the winter though. Probably not much worse than Liverpool!

Yeah, this little village can freeze up and stop when it's bad. I'm told that's not been such a bad thing for the pub in the past... but my missus is always saying stuff like oh god it's raining, what are we doing here, as if we're five timezones away or in the arctic circle, and pretty much everytime she says it I google BBC weather and it's pretty much the same in liverpool.

Yeah, this little village can freeze up and stop when it's bad. I'm told that's not been such a bad thing for the pub in the past... but my missus is always saying stuff like oh god it's raining, what are we doing here, as if we're five timezones away or in the arctic circle, and pretty much everytime she says it I google BBC weather and it's pretty much the same in liverpool.
Can I ask what village it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom