• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Fights Thread

@Fabio Don't go liking my post as if I'm on your side. That forum nazi shit of yours at the start of the thread isn't forgotten.

Well, yeah, exactly. You don't have to split threads. If something is posted in here and it's worthy of real discussion, anyone can create a new thread about it.

Keep the spam bots away and the site ticking over (a job that's being done really well and we all appreciate it) but other than that chill the fuck out and leave us be.
I'd agree, but people don't. It gets left to us

The financial reports were put in here

that's stupidity to put it in a random thread.

This thread stifles debate.

Is there a Michael Douglas Downfall Gif?

there's a shit ton of them

Falling-Down-michael-douglas-33381464-200-150.gif

I remember when forums were just a string of messages and replies nested inside bigger subnests. Whining about what post goes in what thread calls for a back of the hand.

Yea, but to be serious for a minute, I think Frogfish was trying to groom me.

I'd agree, but people don't. It gets left to us

The financial reports were put in here

that's stupidity to put it in a random thread.

This thread stifles debate.

Stifles debate my arse. studsup and rurikbird start debate worthy threads with meticulous research and well thought out points all the time.
They hardly get 40 replies, never mind 40,000 views.

@Fabio Don't go liking my post as if I'm on your side. That forum nazi shit of yours at the start of the thread isn't forgotten.
If people want to be retarded then they can

However don't be surprised if I try to give them electroshock to cure them of it

Stifles debate my arse. studsup and rurikbird start debate worthy threads with meticulous research and well thought out points all the time.

It's a discussion forum, 40,000 views is just evidence that 90% of the people that looked at couldn't be arsed to post in it because the thread was such a mess

random shite must have been like marmite, I thought it was a great thread

seems just as many thought it was actually shite

It's a discussion forum, 40,000 views is just evidence that 90% of the people that looked at couldn't be arsed to post in it because the thread was such a mess

Some of them started threads on the back of it. Look, we're having this shit discussion because of it too. As far as I can see, it stimulates discussion.

Those threads are fantastic, however with the information in them there's little area for debate. There is little to discuss with them. That's not to say they're not read and appreciated. They are. I fucking love them. But if everything is said in them... What do I discuss?

This thread is likened to the Chinese thread, random picture thread, and gifts thread.

Random things not worthy of a thread.

This is a football forum. We discuss things about football.

My post at the beginning of the thread I felt was more than perfectly reasonable considering the bullshit we put up with last time.

If people disagree..... Grow the fuck up and move on.

My post was not RAWK like at all, when on here this is the ONLY fucking thread we've ever said we might police.

Some of them started threads on the back of it. Look, we're having this shit discussion because of it too. As far as I can see, it stimulates discussion.
No, WE started threads about it. The posts were left to fucking rot in that thread. The threads WE created from the original post created debate, because a majority of posters didn't have to trawl through pages of shite to get to a half decent story

Removing the best thread in the forum because of some financial report was incredibly short sighted though.
As Mamma Mia says dont bother with the splitting of threads. If whats posted is interesting enough, there will be started a new thread regardless.
Just deleting the whole thing was a bit RAWK like and not in the spirit of the old SCM.

Whilst I dont agree with how Froggy reacts and this could have been avoided with a wee break and coming back when he had cooled down. The most embarrassing thing for me is that change of the thread title. Awful.
How does that help to resolve this situation?
Some change might be needed on this site.

random shite must have been like marmite, I thought it was a great thread

seems just as many thought it was actually shite
I liked it, however what I didn't like was losing threads because of it.

There's a lack of common sense that quite prevalent on here when it comes to new threads

No, WE started threads about it. The posts were left to fucking rot in that thread. The threads WE created from the original post created debate, because a majority of posters didn't have to trawl through pages of shite to get to a half decent story

This is getting scary.

I say we all just discuss whatever we want to, in whatever thread we want to. Sometimes a thread will go off the rails a bit and it will frustrate someone enough to *gasp* stop viewing it (a lot of those threads end up in the Vault). We're a small community of generally self regulating and mature football fans.
Tangents make this site brilliant, and it's why I've stayed for as long as I have. However I'd rather a new thread be started where everyone can get an idea of what's going on, rather than missing posts because they've not been on the site for a few hours

I liked it, however what I didn't like was losing threads because of it.

There's a lack of common sense that quite prevalent on here when it comes to new threads

Fair enough I can understand it might have been a pain in the arse from your perspective

Probably worth a second go though now everyone knows about the new thread rules.

Back
Top Bottom