• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random Fights Thread

father%20ted_thumb%5B5%5D.jpg

The original 'Random Shite' thread, much like the 'Reserves Discussion' thread that the Mods fabulously also locked for some vague fuckwit reason back in the day, was one of this forum's great threads.

The moderating on this site is ironically akin to the way the FA manage shit. Hilarously bad.

The original 'Random Shite' thread, much like the 'Reserves Discussion' thread that the Mods fabulously also locked for some vague fuckwit reason back in the day, was on the this forum's great threads.

The moderating on this site is ironically akin to the way the FA manage shit. Hilarously bad.

Ross got trigger happy... 'what does this button do' type mode...

I'm looking at restoring the original thread from a database backup (or attempting too).. but it will remain locked..

Ross got trigger happy... 'what does this button do' type mode...

I'm looking at restoring the original thread from a database backup (or attempting too).. but it will remain locked..

Why keep it locked?

It's overwhelmingly obvious that the majority want it open.

Listen to the demographics mate.

Why keep it locked?

It's overwhelmingly obvious that the majority want it open.

Listen to the demographics mate.
The problem with such a thread is managment.. We need common sense from users here to self mod..

We are not like other sites where we have mods here 24/7..

Personally I do like the thread and it does have some advantages, so if you can all promise not to be retards and not post thread worthy content in it.. and treat it like you would the gif thread in general chat.. (without the nsfw).. then we may let it continue..

Thread worthy content needs new threads.. This helps to keep the forum alive..

I've restored the original thread in the vault for the time being..

Wait til it has 40,000 views then it will be proclaimed as the extremely popular load of bollocks
It's all over the place now.
Splitting and moving posts can't work ever.
I mean members don't even read the feedback forum unless there's a problem.
If a thread is veering badly off topic a warning proceeded by a temporary lock then a permanent lock is the way to go imo.
Moving posts is just a no go it makes the thread look disjointed and retarded.

If a thread is veering badly off topic a warning proceeded by a temporary lock then a permanent lock is the way to go imo.

Which is why I never bother splitting threads, well that and laziness.

I dont have an issue with a thread veering off topic as it comes to a natural conclusion. I do have a problem with idiots weeks later bumping the thread and threads that don't have a topic at all (like this one)

Feedback is feedback.. so i cleaned the thread out and kept it seperate

Clearly you have not worked that out by posting your feedback here

Which is why I never bother splitting threads, well that and laziness.

I dont have an issue with a thread veering off topic as it comes to a natural conclusion. I do have a problem with idiots weeks later bumping the thread and threads that don't have a topic at all (like this one)
Well yeah if a thread is dead it's fair enough but letting things flow to a certain extent makes for better reading.
It's moving posts and basically ruining perfectly good threads that is the issue here.

Well yeah if a thread is dead it's fair enough but letting things flow to a certain extent makes for better reading.
It's moving posts and basically ruining perfectly good threads that is the issue here.

Talk to RedNinja about that.

It all got silly.. so i moved it so it can be discussed further away from the football forum.

I've included many of the arguments for and against..

It all got silly.. so i moved it so it can be discussed further away from the football forum.

Sometimes it's best to let it go with the flow and if it gets ridiculously out of hand lock it.
If this had been kept in the football forum you would have got more feedback than the feedback forum.

Sometimes it's best to let it go with the flow and if it gets ridiculously out of hand lock it.
If this had been kept in the football forum you would have got more feedback than the feedback forum.
I get your point, It ain't football though is it ?

Why it has been moved..

I'm fucked off still by being called RAWK lite

One fucking thread we wanted to try and keep in line.

How about we just make it like 4chan and just have 1 board where anyone can post about anything, football or not.

The original 'Random Shite' thread, much like the 'Reserves Discussion' thread that the Mods fabulously also locked for some vague fuckwit reason back in the day, was one of this forum's great threads.

I believe the reserves discussion thread was locked because no one had posted in it for a good few weeks, triggering the auto lock

I believe the reserves discussion thread was locked because no one had posted in it for a good few weeks, triggering the auto lock
A simple request can always be put forward to reopen a thread too..

If we think it's viable.. We will..

You didn't include my post where I came up with the name for this thread! ;)

In all seriousness though, thanks for the effort you lads put in, with zero reward.

Back
Top Bottom