• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rooney Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Barrett just tweeted, both mata and Luiz are better than Rooney.

I just don't get anyone wanting to spend big bucks + 200k a week over 4/5 years on a deteriorating talent.

I know if it's off topic, but can Chelsea offer us Mata + 10 million for Suarez? I think we can accept that.

It makes no sense to get rid of Mata but
Jose once said he always likes to have 7 players over 6 foot tall in his team. (Clearly Rooney doesn't help in this regard)

It amazes me that nobody has ever criticised him for that given when an English manager refers to height there's immediately a negative reaction.

I'd accept that. But he turned us down the last time arround due to lack of CL footy though, would probably be the same now.

It makes no sense to get rid of Mata but
Jose once said he always likes to have 7 players over 6 foot tall in his team. (Clearly Rooney doesn't help in this regard)

It amazes me that nobody has ever criticised him for that given when an English manager refers to height there's immediately a negative reaction.

He really said that?

It does seem as if Mata is not wanted there - which makes no sense. Their best player the last two years, consistent and seems like a likeable fella. Maybe he wants to get rid of all his Spanish players.

I think a lot of Rooney's value is in his off the field merchandise sales. I read an article citing his merchandise sales as only beaten by Beckham in the far east.

He's been put in the position where he's second choice to RVP. That's NOT "being fucked over by United". It's called "not being good enough." He's a hateful moaning cunt. I hope he goes abroad somewhere.

He strikes me as just not bright enough to cope with any loss of form. If he's on form he's still fine, but if he's out of form he's a pathetic figure who can't figure out what to do, stops working, stops training hard and resents all the criticism he attracts.

He's a fucking hypocrite. He wanted to leave United a couple of years ago because he didn't think they'd be challenging or buying top players. Now he wants to leave because they've bought an excellent player and Rooney has to play second fiddle. To be honest I hope he stays at United because he's not as good as he was, he doesn't seem to want to be there and doesn't seem to be willing to work hard enough. He's such a dickhead he'd probably work twice as hard at Chelsea too.

Not taking £10 million and Mata? Gollum's already fucking up. I'd have snapped their arm off. Can't help feeling one big transfer will open the floodgates to all these moves. Also can't help feeling I don't give a shit what happens to a fucking past it thumb like Wayne Rooney. Hope he ends up at LA Galaxy or in UAE. Twat.

He strikes me as just not bright enough to cope with any loss of form. If he's on form he's still fine, but if he's out of form he's a pathetic figure who can't figure out what to do, stops working, stops training hard and resents all the criticism he attracts.

Yep. Dumb, ignorant, and confused. He reminds me of a bull that's bleeding out in the bullring but doesn't understand it's dying. I do however have infinitely more respect for the bull.

As Barrett just tweeted, both mata and Luiz are better than Rooney.

I just don't get anyone wanting to spend big bucks + 200k a week over 4/5 years on a deteriorating talent.

I know Luiz has developed a lot in the last year but no way is he better than Rooney.

Mata plus 10 million for Rooney is an awesome deal though.

Chelsea confirm bid but denies that they offered any players as part of the deal.

I sincerely hope the lummox stays his contract out while continuing to deteriorate(fitness & form)and bleeding those cunts for £220,000 a week. Van Persie is 30 in about three weeks time, so hopefully Moyes will be relying on Wellbeck to score 30 a season before long

I know Luiz has developed a lot in the last year but no way is he better than Rooney.

Mata plus 10 million for Rooney is an awesome deal though.

Luiz is still improving, Rooney in decline. No way i'd swap the two.

He's much better than Rooney. Setting aside the fact that he's a much better player, Rooney is a player with more miles than his age would suggest, who is clearly on the decline, and has injury troubles on a fairly regular basis now.

weird

Manchester United have rejected a £10m bid from Chelsea for Wayne Rooney. However, the London club have denied that any players were included in the offer, despite sources at United claiming that either Juan Mata or David Luíz could come as part of the package.
Chelsea are understood to be furious about the leak of their bid and released a statement on Wednesday which read: "Chelsea Football Club can confirm that yesterday it made a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of Wayne Rooney. Although the terms of that offer are confidential, for the avoidance of doubt and contrary to what is apparently being briefed to the press in Sydney, the proposed purchase does not include the transfer or loan of any players from Chelsea to Manchester United."
The bid was turned down out of hand. United informed Chelsea that Rooney was not for sale but with José Mourinho keen on securing his services, the move from the west London club can be viewed as the opening gambit in a process in which they are bound to return with a higher offer.
The stunning development comes less than 24 hours after the depth ofRooney's anger at comments made by United manager David Moyes became known.
With it looking increasingly like Rooney's nine-year stay at Old Trafford is coming to an end, Chelsea have made their move.
That Mata and David Luiz have been deemed expendable in such a deal seems particularly significant.
United's rejection of the offer so quickly comes as no surprise. In recent weeks they have repeatedly insisted Rooney is not for sale, and the idea of selling to a domestic rival is particularly unpalatable.

I don't think a transfer between Utd and Chelsea will happen.

It's more a case of Mourinho stirring it up at Utd and Utd responding by unsettling the Chelsea squad (not nice for luiz/mata to think they are being hawked around). It's all playground stuff eh?

If it's a straight £10m offer it looks like Chelsea are aware united want rid and are offering them a low amount to reflect the monster wage they would have to take on.

United fans on facebook are delighted at the thought of £10m and Mata, I hope the swap idea is a load of nonsense.

Wtf? Mata for Rooney? Is that a joke? Mata's a top 3 player in the league. Arguably even the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom