• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sack Race 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the way.

Star Wars references are also good for like harvesting.

A recent photo of @darkstarexodus

me-waiting-for-f496fa875f.jpg

Sporting’s Amorim up for Chelsea job.
That’s going to cost a bit, Sporting I would imagine have a big release clause on him with the amount they paid for him to grab him originally.

Sporting’s Amorim up for Chelsea job.
That’s going to cost a bit, Sporting I would imagine have a big release clause on him with the amount they paid for him to grab him originally.

My Portuguese mate thinks Amorim is overrated and his “new Mourinho” image is mostly good PR. Don’t know whether to trust him on this or not (he’s a Porto fan).

Ftt8scjXgAY4O0O

[article]Brendan Rodgers also forced out long-serving Head Physio Dave Rennie (who had been at the club since 1999) This led to multiple and continued injury crisis scenarios that really harmed our chances of securing more points. Rennie and his team had expressed opinions toward Rodgers that his training style would lead to injuries and were ignored. Leicester, of course, had an exemplary record on fitness and lack of injuries in the years before Brendan Rodgers arrived, Rodgers described this as the club heading down "a different path"[/article]

My Portuguese mate thinks Amorim is overrated and his “new Mourinho” image is mostly good PR. Don’t know whether to trust him on this or not (he’s a Porto fan).

Yeah, only one season so far I think with a big club. Very Mourinho and AVB like in his career so far.
Other big clubs are circling around him like PSG and RM apparently so guess Chelsea want to get in ahead of the queue. Sporting paid 10m for him, huge for them at the time. Wonder what his transfer fee would be ? What ever it is, Chelsea are gonna give him a Partirdge length contract I’m guessing…

That’s the reality most data analysts and scientists face in the real world. Unless of course you work for big tech. Most org esp the neanderthal C-level suits haven’t a clue how to use data to inform their business decisions and most don’t trust their dashboards anyways. They really don’t care.

Like how many of you really look and try to understand the charts Binny post every week ?

Might not be a bad move, similar to the Rangers job, albeit on a much smaller scale - won the league by 19 pts last season, currently 3rd and 6 pts off the pace. Shares same owner as Nottingham Forest.

Having a lot to spend carries risks of its own though. Not only do you have to get the right players in, you then have to blend them into a successful unit. Carrick's done tremendously well (far better than I thought he would TBH) but I'm not sure I'd rank his achievement higher than Kompany's.

Yeah, definitely, credit where it's due but it's also clear Burnley have a well thought plan, as opposed to just splashing the cash - raiding the Belgium league, his old hunting ground (remains me of Postecoglou doing the same with Asian market). Interesting to see how he fare in top flight against much more well constructed teams (can't help but feel many sides in the Championship are "patched up" - the large amount of ins and outs annually; Huddersfield's fall from promotion to relegation candidate & Sunderland adding to team that got them promoted, now just outside playoffs spots, being some examples).

Personally, Carrick caught the eyes not just result wise but how he has managed to get the best out of players or make things work with the resources he have in hand (esp Akpom, Hackney + Ramsey and Archer in recent weeks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom