• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah vs Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are talking the best centre backs in the Premier League era though you are likely to have to pick one cunt to partner Van Dijk.

It's either the Man United cunt or the Chelsea cunt.

That and Makelele in front of him, plus Ferdinand for England. On the plus side he was brave and surprisingly skilful at times, but for both club and country he depended heavily on the team around him being set up to cover for his slowness, and even then he looked out of his depth to me more often than not when he played international football.

I thought Terry was an overrated cunt who always got the plaudits when making diving headed blocks 2 inches from the ground. Was slow as hell and needed Carvalho to cover for him during his 'best' years.

Fair enough. I despise John Terry, so am certainly not gonna go out on a limb to defend him, but unfortunately he was an excellent defender.

The best things about Terry were his leadership and the ridiculous number of headers he scored from set pieces. Purely as a defender, I think he is closer to Carragher, Tony Adams, Hyypia and other slow and solid defenders than the absolute top level of modern defenders like prime Van Dijk, Rio and Kompany.

I think it’s a worthy debate and who you pick is largely a matter of taste - personally I always thought Kompany is everything I want in a defender and he won lots of trophies too (at our expense unfortunately). Let’s hope Virgil can win at least one more title and put himself firmly in the conversation.

Last edited:
That and Makelele in front of him, plus Ferdinand for England. On the plus side he was brave and surprisingly skilful at times, but for both club and country he depended heavily on the team around him being set up to cover for his slowness, and even then he looked out of his depth to me more often than not when he played international football.

Being brave was what got him the England gig, as we all know England are top of the "brave losers" league ... and not just in football.

English not world means nothing. Shearers not in the top 50 of all time globally. Shearer had longevity and pens. Cunt could barely run for the last 5 years. Kane literally threatened to kill his daughter to take a goal off a teammate. They're selfish cunts and would be unable to play together.

I'd have Rooney over kane or shearer every day of the week. He's a much more complete player and would make everyone around him better. I'm not being a stat merchant and letting teams being built to that one player influence my selection. Rooney was rarely the main man, and yet still what's phenomenal.

He was still great at heading. United rarely played with him as the 9, and rarely crossed in to the box.

Completely agree. If he had the work ethic of a Ronaldo, he would easily be in the conversation of top 10 of all time. The fact he seemed to half arse it and was still so deadly is insane to me

He'd be on the bench for me. An elevated Milner, you could play him anywhere on the pitch and he'd be good. There's better or more accomplished in his primary positions but you couldnt ask for a more talented, versatile, impactful sub to call upon.

He'd be on the bench for me. An elevated Milner, you could play him anywhere on the pitch and he'd be good. There's better or more accomplished in his primary positions but you couldnt ask for a more talented, versatile, impactful sub to call upon.
Ha I was going to call him a more effective Milner but thought I’d get lynched.
I doubt he’d even make a best Utd 11 nevermind league 11.

I agree with Rooney as an attacking sub, too talented and versatile to leave out. Who else would you have on a 7-man bench? I would personally prefer Aguero to Kane; there is no one better to bring on if you need a late goal. De Bruyne is a lock for AM, sorry Hazard. Lampard vs Scholes is close; I would personally go for Scholes as he’s a better midfield controller and we have enough goal-scorers elsewhere. Kante over Makelele at DM as he had all of his best years in this league and won titles with 2 different clubs. The rest are a CB and a back-up GK - anyone I forgot?

SUBS:
Aguero
Rooney
De Bruyne
Scholes
Kante
Ferdinand
Cech

Maybe needed to get a back-up fullback in there somehow, but I can’t remember anyone legendary enough that I feel bad leaving out - who is the best ever EPL left-back besides Ashley Cole - Robbo? Leighton Baines? For back-up RB I would pick Trent for sure, but I cannot justify eliminating Scholes or De Bruyne to include him at this point.

Last edited:
I prefer Allison to Cech. Unless we’re playing a Mourinho style football. Would prefer a higher defensive line like all the other successful managers of the PL era. In which case Cech ain’t it.
Allison is much quicker off his line to be the last defender, incredible one on one block rate, better with his feet, and very good at general saves too.

My reasoning too. The goalkeeping craft has improved over the years, Alli is the best of the crop of modern sweeper-keepers who played in this league. I believe over the course of a season, Alisson with his proactive goalkeeping will prevent more goals than Schmeihel or Cech - and he might notch an assist or two as well.

Just reading a stat about Salah’s current run of games with a goal involvement which sits at 13.
Only 3 players have done it more often and Shearer is the only player to do it twice. 18 games is his record. Amazing too that the two times were 10 years apart. His longitivtiy while still banging in goals and assists is unmatched.
Surprised there is even a debate that he isn’t first name to make the team.

Can you imagine the situation - Ten Hag is sacked and Ange gets the Man Utd job, by some shenanigans he signs Salah in the summer and they win their first 3 matches of next season ... the whole of Europe would be engulfed in a jizz tidal wave that emanates from a red dressing gown in Australia

Can you imagine the situation - Ten Hag is sacked and Ange gets the Man Utd job, by some shenanigans he signs Salah in the summer and they win their first 3 matches of next season ... the whole of Europe would be engulfed in a jizz tidal wave that emanates from a red dressing gown in Australia
Ha ha ha ha. I would not be surprised to see Ange get the Utd job. I would rather he stays away from there. He would make a huge positive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom