• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah vs Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Somehow everyone is discussing this now that Hazard has officially retired. How is this even a conversation?

For me Hazard was a talent, but not a genuine leader, not someone who normally stepped up his game in the big CL games or delivered with anything like the consistency of Salah’s output. True to his name, he was always a threat, but never a certainty. When Salah retires he will be a lock for the RW place in the Premier League best ever 11, alongside Henry and Shearer. Hazard doesn’t make my team:

LW: Henry
CF: Shearer or Kane
RW: Salah
RCM: Gerrard
LCM: Vieira, but you can also make a case for De Bruyne
DM: Keane
LB: Cole
LCB: Van Dijk or Rio
RCB: Terry
RB: currently between Walker and Trent. Neville should be nowhere near that list of world-class talents.
GK: Schmeihel, Cech or Alisson

Last edited:
Yep, I think Hazard lost his hunger for top level football. Won pretty much everything and is a multimillionaire.
More time for Kebabs now.

Because that's what football fans do.

I consider both PL greats. Both carried their sides to PL titles, both won PL player of the seasons, both barely ever missed a league game.....think Salah's missed about 5 games in 6 seasons, Hazard missed maybe 10. No he wasn't as consistent as Mo and could never score as many goals in 1 season as Mo or even get close and he had 1 really poor season (I think it was Mourinho's last season there) but Hazard's dribbling and close ball control is one of the best I've seen in this country.....better than Mo's.

There are a few other greats who don't get into the all time Prem XI, that's just how it is.

Somehow everyone is discussing this now that Hazard has officially retired. How is this even a conversation?

For me Hazard was a talent, but not a genuine leader, not someone who normally stepped up his game in the big CL games or delivered with anything like the consistency of Salah’s output. True to his name, he was always a threat, but never a certainty. When Salah retires he will be a lock for the RW place in the Premier League best ever 11, alongside Henry and Shearer. Hazard doesn’t make my team:

RB: currently between Walker and Trent. Neville should be nowhere near that list of world-class talents.
LW: Barnes
CF: Suarez
LCM: Wijnaldum
DM: Mascherano
LB: Robinson
LCB: Van Dijk
RCB: Carragher
RB: Trent.
GK: Alisson

Supersub : Lucas

Of course I meant either Micheal Robinson or Peter Robinson, both of whom were good enough to play LB

Great player Vieira but, for the formation you're picking, De Bruyne, Scholes or Lampard would be preferable. And Kompany would have to be included in the mix for CB, probably with Ferdinand for that LCB role.

Great player Vieira but, for the formation you're picking, De Bruyne, Scholes or Lampard would be preferable. And Kompany would have to be included in the mix for CB, probably with Ferdinand for that LCB role.

I'm not putting Gerrard and Lampard in one midfield. The 3 I picked is perfect balance IMO, they will dominate any other league's all-time midfield (except Spain, perhaps, because you have to get the ball off them first).

Agree on Kompany, I forgot about him. Actually now that I think about it, Van Dijk and Kompany would be my preferred CB duo – faster and classier than the other two. This is a hell of a team:

Henry-------Shearer--------Salah
------Vieira----------Gerrard------
-----------—--Keane----------------
A.Cole---------------------Walker (for now)
--------Van Dijk----Kompany----
---—---------Alisson----------------

Last edited:
Yeah but Gerrard and Scholes/Lampard didn't have Keane playing with them.

I could see Scholes and Gerrard in the same midfield, but Vieira is just a better all around player and athlete. Lampard and Gerrard is like oil and water; they would always get in each other’s way.

Henry-------Shearer--------Salah
--Scholes/Lampard------Gerrard--
--------- ------Keane----------------
A.Cole------------------------Walker
--------Kompany------Terry-----
--------------Schmeichel-----------

Ronaldo won 3 titles in a row, player of the year twice, a CL, European golden boot.

Surprised he’s not in the discussion to challenge Salah.

The main thing that stands out in the memory when it comes to Hazard for me is watching Belgium a couple times and just thinking that he is levels above everyone else - including De Bruyne who looked rather subdued.

Great player and it's crazy how badly it's gone for him at Real Madrid - Kaka all over again.

He wouldn't make my team either though.

Salah is completely untouchable to Hazard. Hazard had bags of talent and tore us apart on occasion, but he only had 2 or 3 productive years and even Salah likely outperformed him.

A main difference is that Salah had electric pace and developed greater variety with his finishing, but the biggest of all was their commitment to the game. You have to question how many of Hazards injuries could have been prevented if he looked after himself. Whilst Salah was up at 5am mediating and doing crunches, Hazard was tucking into Burger King.

Hazard absolutely is a "the streets won't forget" type player like taraabt. He was technically sublime and direct. He dragged an average team to success on a couple of occasions.

But Salah is a different, more dangerous beast. Salah is a continents greatest player. He's a phenom.

Hazards best season goals wise was still a few behind Salahs lowest scoring season (21 to 23).
Hazard was technically brilliant, a fantastic dribbler and could do the most amazing things with a football. But he isnt even close to Salah in my opinion.
Salah all day, every day.

Hazard is for sure the best non LFC player I've ever seen live in the flesh. Against us where it finished 1-1 and Willian fluked a goal. Hazard was impossibly good

Hazard at his best was a wonderful player for a limited period. Salah's been at his best for almost all of his time at LFC and can still do wonderful things now.

Salah by a country mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom