• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah vs Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah moves to 8 goals and 4 assists in 11 games this season.

7 in the league in 9 1 behind Haaland.

Top of the table even after the Spurs farce.

People still wish we cashed in?

Probably illogical but fuck I love him. He’s up there with the very best to ever wear the famous shirt.
I for one am delighted we still get to see him being one of the best in the league even if he is on the ‘decline’.

Schmeichel/Cech

Walker/Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole

Keane
Vieira
Gerrard

Salah
Shearer
Henry

Some biased shouts in here tbh. I like him, but Trent!? Van Dijk and Alisson don't have the longevity.

Schmeichel/Cech

Walker/Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole

Keane
Vieira
Gerrard

Salah
Shearer
Henry

Some biased shouts in here tbh. I like him, but Trent!? Van Dijk and Alisson don't have the longevity.

I have gone for Walker at RB, but hopefully by the end of his career Trent will be a lock because of his record-setting assist numbers. Neville should never be in the conversation; played for a great team, but didn’t have the individual talent of an all-time great.

Glad you agree with me on the midfield 3!

Last edited:
Schmeichel/Cech

Walker/Neville
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole

Keane
Vieira
Gerrard

Salah
Shearer
Henry

van Dijk and Alisson don't have enough trophies. That's the sad part. Think they could play another 2-3 years at the top, but still might just have 1 PL title to show for it.

Think you could make the case that they had the highest individual peaks for a CB and a keeper that the league has seen

Surprised nobody has mentioned Rooney. Probably unfair to leave him out, but not sure where he gets in.

I'm tempted to throw Aguero in for Shearer as well

Surprised nobody has mentioned Rooney. Probably unfair to leave him out, but not sure where he gets in.

I'm tempted to throw Aguero in for Shearer as well

Rooney deserves to be in, but it'd have to be a 4-4-2/4-5-1. And then it gets messy

Shearer is the best #9 since the Prem started. If it was since I started watching footy, Rush would be #9. He was lethal.

Suarez a far better scorer player than Shearer no? Aguerro too?

Suarez had his best years in Spain, so he is out. Aguero definitely among the top 5 EPL strikers, but he would not replace Shearer for me.

Can’t see how he deserves to be in ahead of anyone listed.

Probably the most complete forward thats played in the league. The fact he played striker, winger, AM, and CM at times; add in the success he had, it's hard not just dismiss him for me.

Probably the most complete forward thats played in the league. The fact he played striker, winger, AM, and CM at times; add in the success he had, it's hard not just dismiss him for me.
You mean complete player, not forward.
He was never as prolific as any of the players either ahead of him or some others like Ageuro who would be a big shout.
Being the best all rounder doesn’t get you in in my book.
He was never a better striker than Shearer or Henry. Or Droga, Ageuro for that matter and prob a dozen more to be honest.
He was also never a better winger or midfielder than anyone considered either.
Great all rounder but doesn’t make the team or even the bench for me.

You mean complete player, not forward.
He was never as prolific as any of the players either ahead of him or some others like Ageuro who would be a big shout.
Being the best all rounder doesn’t get you in in my book.
He was never a better striker than Shearer or Henry. Or Droga, Ageuro for that matter and prob a dozen more to be honest.
He was also never a better winger or midfielder than anyone considered either.
Great all rounder but doesn’t make the team or even the bench for me.

I'd say he was a more complete forward. He could do it all, creatively and finishing ability. Deft passes, ranging cross field balls. Excellent technique. Twatted in goals, delicate goals, Headers. Beat someone for pace, for strength.

He's arguably one of the best players England has produced.

Yeah, Dreamy is seriously underrating Rooney here. Which is strange given he's a staunch United fan.

I will say, though, that based on when he came through as a 16/17 year old, he should've been a better player than he eventually went on to be.

I'd say he was a more complete forward. He could do it all, creatively and finishing ability. Deft passes, ranging cross field balls. Excellent technique. Twatted in goals, delicate goals, Headers. Beat someone for pace, for strength.

He's arguably one of the best players England has produced.
Exactly, best English. Not world. He was prolific once in 15 years and he was not known for his heading. It still boils down to the fact he wasn’t the best in any position when you talk the very very best. He wouldn’t even get picked up front in an all English team imo. Shearer and Kane up front, and if not them then Owen or Lineker.
Great player but not making a best of all time 11.

The season he scored close to 30 league goals he scored loads of headers

Yeah, Dreamy is seriously underrating Rooney here. Which is strange given he's a staunch United fan.

I will say, though, that based on when he came through as a 16/17 year old, he should've been a better player than he eventually went on to be.
Not being rated higher than Shearer of Henry is hardly underrating a player.

Exactly, best English. Not world. He was prolific once in 15 years and he was not known for his heading. It still boils down to the fact he wasn’t the best in any position when you talk the very very best. He wouldn’t even get picked up front in an all English team imo. Shearer and Kane up front, and if not them then Owen or Lineker.
Great player but not making a best of all time 11.

English not world means nothing. Shearers not in the top 50 of all time globally. Shearer had longevity and pens. Cunt could barely run for the last 5 years. Kane literally threatened to kill his daughter to take a goal off a teammate. They're selfish cunts and would be unable to play together.

I'd have Rooney over kane or shearer every day of the week. He's a much more complete player and would make everyone around him better. I'm not being a stat merchant and letting teams being built to that one player influence my selection. Rooney was rarely the main man, and yet still what's phenomenal.

He was still great at heading. United rarely played with him as the 9, and rarely crossed in to the box.

Completely agree. If he had the work ethic of a Ronaldo, he would easily be in the conversation of top 10 of all time. The fact he seemed to half arse it and was still so deadly is insane to me

For me, for a PL era team, the only definitely are Henry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, and cech.

For me, for a PL era team, the only definitely are Henry, Gerrard, Ferdinand, and cech.
I prefer Allison to Cech. Unless we’re playing a Mourinho style football. Would prefer a higher defensive line like all the other successful managers of the PL era. In which case Cech ain’t it.
Allison is much quicker off his line to be the last defender, incredible one on one block rate, better with his feet, and very good at general saves too.

I prefer Allison to Cech. Unless we’re playing a Mourinho style football. Would prefer a higher defensive line like all the other successful managers of the PL era. In which case Cech ain’t it.
Allison is much quicker off his line to be the last defender, incredible one on one block rate, better with his feet, and very good at general saves too.

It's all down to style of play preference. I'm not overly keen on the high line, and cech was obscene for nearly a decade. I appreciate that's a much of a muchness however.

Bearded Ali Vs no helmet cech

English not world means nothing. Shearers not in the top 50 of all time globally. Shearer had longevity and pens. Cunt could barely run for the last 5 years. Kane literally threatened to kill his daughter to take a goal off a teammate. They're selfish cunts and would be unable to play together.

I'd have Rooney over kane or shearer every day of the week. He's a much more complete player and would make everyone around him better. I'm not being a stat merchant and letting teams being built to that one player influence my selection. Rooney was rarely the main man, and yet still what's phenomenal.

He was still great at heading. United rarely played with him as the 9, and rarely crossed in to the box.

Completely agree. If he had the work ethic of a Ronaldo, he would easily be in the conversation of top 10 of all time. The fact he seemed to half arse it and was still so deadly is insane to me
Fair enough if you’d put Rooney in ahead of Shearer. I don’t agree but at least it makes sense why you think he’s hard done by.
Rooney always struck as me a player overhyped by the English and nowhere near as good as either English or Utd fans claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom