• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salzburg vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gini and Lovren back in training today btw, so I'm guessing both will play.

I'd go Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner in midfield. Maybe not the most creative.
Make sense, since all we need is a point. With these 3, you won't get those expansive style of play, but a more controlled and compact midfield making us hard to break. Focus is key. If they can all focus on task at hand, especially Gomez if he starts or even Lovren, and not ball watching or go wandering trying too hard to intercept the ball, we be fine.

Can't fucking watch the game or even sneak a glance at the scores cos I'm in Dutch lessons and I've just realized it's an early ko

Would love a big win, but Liverpool being liverpool, of course we'll be biting our finger nails till the last seconds mane to come back and RIP it up, origi with the winner

I'd go Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner in midfield. Maybe not the most creative. But we need their energy and pressing.
This game has got disaster written all over it, and everyone and his dog would like us to get dumped into the Europa league.
We need to get a result here, as the negativity from finishing 3rd in the group could influence the rest of the season.

Milner played full 90 against Everton and Bournemouth, so doubt he’d start his 3rd game in 6 days. He’s likely on the bench for this one.

Milner played full 90 against Everton and Bournemouth, so doubt he’d start his 3rd game in 6 days. He’s likely on the bench for this one.
Good point. Ox or Keita then, and I'm fine with either. RBS don't exactly have the most solid of midfields/defences and either of those two could hopefully run straight through it.

Good point. Ox or Keita then, and I'm fine with either. RBS don't exactly have the most solid of midfields/defences and either of those two could hopefully run straight through it.

Yea I’d be fine with either as well, though Mr Fragile scares me with starting 2 games in a span of a couple of days so Ox may be the safest option. Plus i like his ability to unload with a long range shot.

Yea I’d be fine with either as well, though Mr Fragile scares me with starting 2 games in a span of a couple of days so Ox may be the safest option. Plus i like his ability to unload with a long range shot.

Comes to something when Oxlade-Chamberlain is regarding as less injury prone than somebody

I cant see Klopp doing anything but going for the win anyway. Both ox and keita started at bournemouth so I reckon neither starts here given their injury troubles. I think it will be hendo, milly and Gini in midfield

Last edited:
Lallana might start ahead of Ox and Keita as well. So if Milner isn’t starting I have a weird feeling it won’t be Keita or Ox to get the nod but Lallana.

No and no, again. We’re not a defensive team and those three stank the place out last season away. What we need to do is create and score goals because Salzburg will.

Maybe if we had Fabinho in there, but now you have to set it up differently.
Gini and Hendo deffo need to play, so maybe Ox or Keita for Milner.

That's exactly why I didn't pick Milner in my team. Otherwise he would have definitely been in there.

I'd go Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner in midfield. Maybe not the most creative. But we need their energy and pressing.
This game has got disaster written all over it, and everyone and his dog would like us to get dumped into the Europa league.
We need to get a result here, as the negativity from finishing 3rd in the group could influence the rest of the season.
Thing is these 3 can get over run in midfield. There are numerous posts saying never play this midfield again after shitty performances often in Europe away if memory serves....

Thing is these 3 can get over run in midfield. There are numerous posts saying never play this midfield again after shitty performances often in Europe away if memory serves....
Absolutely right, if Klopp does that and we go out the he really can just blame himself. Mind you I was advocating the three to be played against Everron the other night because I thought Everton would be a bit wild and I wanted Hendo, and Milner to really kick the shit out of those cunts. As ot turned out there was no need for any heavy handed tactics, as Robbo seemed content on doing it all by himself.

I cant see Klopp doing anything but going for the win anyway. Both ox and keita started at bournemouth so I reckon neither starts here given their injury troubles. I think it will be hendo, milly and Gini in midfield

Milner started Everton and Bournemouth. I don't fancy him being started 3 consecutively. It will be Hendo, Gini and either Ox or Lallana.

No and no, again. We’re not a defensive team and those three stank the place out last season away. What we need to do is create and score goals because Salzburg will.
Couldn't agree more. Salzburg have scored in every game this season; are averaging almost 4 goals a game in the Austria League and over 3 goals a game in our group. They will almost certainly score and we have to pick a team based on this fact. Their best players are their attack-minded players, their defence looks vulnerable. It goes without saying that, however good their forwards are they are not as good as ours...............and defensively they are definitely weaker.

We should go into this game with a "we're gonna score more 1 more than you attitude" and if we do that then I think we should win the group without any major panic tomorrow. I'd go with..............................

...............................Alisson.............................
AA............Gomez...............VVD..................Robbo
............................Henderson.......................
...........Wijnaldum.....................Ox...................
Salah...................Firmino.................Salah

We will definitely score against them. The issue is keeping their attack out, so I’d go Henderson win and mil in the middle.

Milner started Everton and Bournemouth. I don't fancy him being started 3 consecutively. It will be Hendo, Gini and either Ox or Lallana.
Milner has clocked up less minutes over the season though, although your probably right given his age, 3 games in quick succession might be a bit much.

Am I wrong in thinking that they HAVE to win this game and that this is probably the key to this game?

Previous history is no indication of future performance ! With their injuries behind them I think it's irrelevant, CF Lovren. I pray it's not that midfield, hopefully Klopp isn't that conservative (haha see what I .. oh never mind).

Am I wrong in thinking that they HAVE to win this game and that this is probably the key to this game?
A draw to qualify and a win to be certain of topping the group. Losing means we drop into the EL unless Napoli lose at home to Genk.

Couldn't agree more. Salzburg have scored in every game this season; are averaging almost 4 goals a game in the Austria League and over 3 goals a game in our group. They will almost certainly score and we have to pick a team based on this fact. Their best players are their attack-minded players, their defence looks vulnerable. It goes without saying that, however good their forwards are they are not as good as ours...............and defensively they are definitely weaker.

We should go into this game with a "we're gonna score more 1 more than you attitude" and if we do that then I think we should win the group without any major panic tomorrow. I'd go with..............................

...............................Alisson.............................
AA............Gomez...............VVD..................Robbo
............................Henderson.......................
...........Wijnaldum.....................Ox...................
Salah...................Firmino.................Salah
Poor Mane :( Poor overworked Salah :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom