• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salzburg vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Huge game.

They showed they can hurt us at Anfield.

I have serious concerns but hopefully we can put in a professional display and get the win controlling the game.

Crashing out of the CL and going into the Europa League would be unthinkable.

They're shit. If we play anywhere close to our normal level we're gonna beat them easily.

A point and we’re through. But we know how Klopp is, he won’t go hire that Korean fella named Park Da Bus. So I guess all of us should have aspirin in hand to keep our blood thinner so it flows better, and some weed is also handy to calm us down. Else we all be suffering from heart attack and stroke.

I wish it was a case of win to go through, cos this team plays best if they simply must win.the fact they know a draw is enough may count against us, even if Klopp tries to get them to think otherwise.

We're going into this game with a squad full of confidence.

We've also showed that we can beat these lot at Anfield. It was only when we took our foot off the gas did they mount a comeback.

Obviously, they'll be buoyed by that and will come at us from the off. But we have the players, skill and pace to deal with that. As well as the experience.

I'll go with a 2-1 Liverpool win.

Huge game.

They showed they can hurt us at Anfield.

I have serious concerns but hopefully we can put in a professional display and get the win controlling the game.

Crashing out of the CL and going into the Europa League would be unthinkable.
Would be very disappointed to go out, but would rather we beat Watford next weekend.

Tricky tie indeed. They’re great at attacking, and we haven’t really hit any defensive highs this season. Away at theirs, is tough.

Would be very disappointed to go out, but would rather we beat Watford next weekend.
Going out of the CL at the group stages I believe would severely knock this sides confidence & belief.

We must qualify, & I think we will. It'd be nice to think we'd do it easily, but we never do it the easy way.

I'm expecting most of the "regulars" to start this game. Lovren might need a rest so Gomez comes in and Keita will get the nod in midfield ahead of Ox, mainly due to his MOM performance yesterday.

Alisson

TAA
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robbo

Henderson
Wijnaldum
Keita

Salah
Mane
Firmino

The front 3 have only played one game in the last week, but the midfield looks a little light. I'd go with Ox in there and not hold on for a draw, it will go badly

The front 3 have only played one game in the last week, but the midfield looks a little light. I'd go with Ox in there and not hold on for a draw, it will go badly
I wouldn't mind seeing Ox in there and he probably will play but I'd rather have Keita cause he's better defensively.

Playing for a draw will be a costly mistake if we do do that. Early goal would be great.

I'd play Origi ahead of frim for this..

He will suit counter attacking game much sweater than frim..

Henderson pinging balls from deep, with Keita and winjaldum dominating midfield, covering the frim donkey work, he does so effectively too..

Keita box to box.. with wijnut also covering deep to allow Henderson to get further forward at times

Henderson long balls and passing of late has been delicious..

I'd play Keita over Ox in this one simply because of he's technically far superior and ditto defensively. Keeping possession will be key as we don't want to give them the time and space to build attacks. So Keita with Hendo & Gini behind him should be our best midfield as it stands. I'll go with Modo's team.

I'd play Keita over Ox in this one simply because of he's technically far superior and ditto defensively. Keeping possession will be key as we don't want to give them the time and space to build attacks. So Keita with Hendo & Gini behind him should be our best midfield as it stands. I'll go with Modo's team.

Its a tricky one...Keita is going to give you more intelligent probing runs and passing than brute force Ox but Keita has that tendancy to play like Bambi defensively. If the supporting midfielders get their job right then Id play Keita but Id actually start Ox first and then bring Keita later if Ox doesnt work out.

Its a tricky one...Keita is going to give you more intelligent probing runs and passing than brute force Ox but Keita has that tendancy to play like Bambi defensively. If the supporting midfielders get their job right then Id play Keita but Id actually start Ox first and then bring Keita later if Ox doesn't work out.
Keita has by far the best defensive stats though (on a per match basis) bar Fabinho of course, and is streets ahead of Ox. However he does seem to switch off occasionally, ending up in being dispossessed and thereby offering the opposition an attacking opportunity. However I'd take his ball winning, better creativity and superior passing and leave VvD to mop up any errors. ;)

Keita suits European game more than the Premier League. This will be a good match for him to get his form going after scoring a goal against Bournemouth. Salzburg likes to play high tempo quick attacking game. They also utilise a lot of midfield overlap to get into the box to create chaos. If we were to deploy Wijnaldum and Henderson as the midfield 2, we need control.

Keita has done nothing yet to show he should be starting in a do-or-die match. Would much prefer he continue to get a few tune up matches to build his confidence. A poor performance as we get eliminated tomorrow and it would be knives out for him. He doesnt need that.

I'm quite concerned about this game.

Hopefully it's more like the first half against them at Anfield than the second.

I'd go Henderson, Wijnaldum and Milner in midfield. Maybe not the most creative. But we need their energy and pressing.
This game has got disaster written all over it, and everyone and his dog would like us to get dumped into the Europa league.
We need to get a result here, as the negativity from finishing 3rd in the group could influence the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom