• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sam Allardyce - England Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Jeepers.. This is the real life Mike Bassat appointment isn't it?..

Bizarre appointment by the FA. Shows a clear lack of ambition..

Never managed 'big name players'..
Never won a dot..
Never played Champions League Football..
Plays God awful football, but the FA are insisting this is the fans choice..

I don't know who was a worse appointment, him or hodge podge..

Shocking appointment really...

The Fa have probably just appointed Hodgson with a snarky demeanor.
They've really become a parody of themselves.
Quite the achievement.

Well would you really want the cunt England fans going to Russia and being massacred? The FA have played this one well.

I think this is a decent appointment. The English players have repeatedly shown they can't really 'play' like the other top nations, so why try and imitate them. Play to the English strengths of doggedness, organisation, compact direct football, and get a manager to drill that into them. You've more chance of getting to a semi-final of something with this guy than you do with some knobhead trying to turn Wayne Rooney into Pirlo.

I think this is a decent appointment. The English players have repeatedly shown they can't really 'play' like the other top nations, so why try and imitate them. Play to the English strengths of doggedness, organisation, compact direct football, and get a manager to drill that into them. You've more chance of getting to a semi-final of something with this guy than you do with some knobhead trying to turn Wayne Rooney into Pirlo.
This is sad but true.

Like a young Rolling Stone

bfcaee2f52296095bda2f28f66225d43.jpg

He's a million times more likely to succeed than Steve Bruce or Woy.

If he can pull Sunderland out of the fire he can squeeze something out of England. It might not be pretty though.

He'll do very well in an age where defensive football is king of international football

Well would you really want the cunt England fans going to Russia and being massacred? The FA have played this one well.

I am so glad you have said that (minus the cunt as that is too harsh) - because that is the first thing that came to mind. There is a good chance England won't qualify now for the next world cup so no excuse by FIFA to ban us from competitions should a potential bust up take place between the fans. There would definitely be murder and mayhem once the vodka's kick in.

I actually think he might do quite well. I tend to like contrarian ideas, so I might be falling into that. I think Harry would have been much more successful than Roy, but Sam is a good character for a struggling team with no identity - that is England right now.

Do the simple things well and go from there. And, he has the personality to manage the egos. Anyone that can effectively manage Diouf gets some credit.

I actually think he might do quite well. I tend to like contrarian ideas, so I might be falling into that. I think Harry would have been much more successful than Roy, but Sam is a good character for a struggling team with no identity - that is England right now.

Do the simple things well and go from there. And, he has the personality to manage the egos. Anyone that can effectively manage Diouf gets some credit.

You are actually right on this - but there is some part of me that actually thinks what Dante said is true in terms of the underlying motives the FA have with this decision.

I agree with the get-them-playing-like-Wimbledon school of thinking. It's England's best chance and the fat fucker is well suited to it. There's no point trying to out-Italian the Italians because they'll piss all over us.
And anyway, compared to how I feel about Steve Bruce, I'm positively thrilled for Big Sam.

excellent appointment. I was thrilled when they brought in budgie and fat sam is his natural successor. the whole thing is like a car crash in slow motion. marvellous

He is nowhere near as bad as woy, deserves his chance.

Unless you are a third rate / developing nation, you shouldn't have a foreign manager.

I agree with the get-them-playing-like-Wimbledon school of thinking. It's England's best chance and the fat fucker is well suited to it. There's no point trying to out-Italian the Italians because they'll piss all over us.
And anyway, compared to how I feel about Steve Bruce, I'm positively thrilled for Big Sam.

It depends who he picks. Will he snub most of the best players and bring in people like Mark Noble, Lee Cattermole and Ryan Shawcross, or will he stay with pretty much the same squad he inherits and try to get them playing in an alien way? If it's the former he'll surely get loads of flak and if it's the latter, ditto. He'll have to be the one to adapt, and I'm sure he'll claim he's always had higher ambitions but lacked the players to realise them. So at least the whining about other teams and managers will finally stop and he'll have to prove what a great manager he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom