• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Should Pep Lijnders be interviewed for the Manager's job

Prefix for Poll Threads

Should Pep Lijnders be interviewed for the Manager's job

• Yes

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Maaaaybe?

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters

localny

Well-Known
OK lads. We're just seeing who's open to him getting interviewed. Doesn't have to get the job, but that they should look at it.

========
Pros -
Better than a manager who doesn't know the players.
He knows the lads
He knows the system
We might keep the coaching team together
The team may welcome this
Safest choice to continue existing system

Cons -
He's not got the personality
He failed at NEC
He wrote that book

Last edited:
OK lads. We're just seeing who's open to him getting interviewed. Doesn't have to get the job, but that they should look at it.

========
Pros -
Better than a manager who doesn't know the players.
He knows the lads
He knows the system
We might keep the coaching team together
The team may welcome this
Safest choice to continue existing system

Cons -
He's not got the personality
He failed at NEC
He wrote that book

The list of pros is essentially you rewording different ways to say 'continuity' which suggests he doesn't have a very strong case.

The list of pros is essentially you rewording different ways to say 'continuity' which suggests he doesn't have a very strong case.
Yeah so 100%

Taken from the other thread as a summation. He doesn’t bring anything new. The idea is that Klopp’s players don’t perform at the same heights once they leave Klopp.

Now we see Klopp leaving 22 players. So the idea is to keep some of the old system. So 22 players aren’t rudderless or have to learn a new way under a new manager (seasons of drift)

Loving this "yes, give him an interview, but not the job" ... I know its fantasy, but if you already decided not to give someone the job, why the merry fuck would you interview them? Is there a silver medal for an interview or something?

I see genuine affection between the players and Lijnders, and I've no doubt that a big factor in our absolutely brilliant tactical switches during games involves Lijnders' input. I get people having an issue with personality, but in some ways it might work best to have a no personality insider take over the reins after somebody as charismatic as Klopp. Of course, this was exactly what we did last time we had a leader who was absolutely impossible to follow-- Shanks, who was replaced by a man with a small fraction of his charisma, but plenty of nous. That happened to be the best managerial appointment we ever made.

Loving this "yes, give him an interview, but not the job" ... I know its fantasy, but if you already decided not to give someone the job, why the merry fuck would you interview them? Is there a silver medal for an interview or something?

This used to be a thing in the Co-Op when I worked there in the '90's. People were interviewed for posts they were never going to get to provide 'encouragement' they would be promoted one day. A member of the HR team would sit in on the interviews to make sure I treated everyone equally!

I said unlikely he's the successful candidate, not impossible. Give him a chance to lay out his vision and impress. If he looks the part, have at it. If not, move on

I can answer this quite definitely now.

No he should not be interviewed for the manager's job, or even considered.

At this point, I don't ever want to see him anywhere near the Anfield dugout for the next 30 years

Back
Top Bottom