• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So anzhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_maradona

Very Active
Any one got any team news? Suarez, gerrard are probably shattered and need a rest along with other key first teamers

I would go for this:

---------------Jones-------
Wisdom--Coates/carra--robinson
----------hendo----Şahin-------
----------------suso--------------
downing---shelvey-----assaidi

We will probably get beaten if we played a really strong squad in light of the distance and the back-to-back games recently played.

tempted to try shelvey as the striker or even pacheco. I like Yesil but think it is too early to start a game for him.

I think Pacheco and Ngoo will be in the squad based on their showing against Wolves last night. I'll go for

Reina (if healthy)

Wisdom
Coates
Carra
Enrique (If GlenJo is coming back on Sunday)

Henderson
Şahin
Shelvey

Pacheco
Ngoo
Assaidi

1-42 min - We dominate possession, 92% passing, 8 shots on goal, no goals
44 min - Eto'o scores on Anzhi's first shot of match

Half

45-90 - Suarez, Shelvey, and Downing hit post once each
90+2 - Skrtel headed goal disallowed

Anzhi 1 - Liverpool 0

Half

Anzhi 1 - Liverpool 0

That may mean eto earns his 1.3m weekly wage this week.

Half

Anzhi 1 - Liverpool 0

I think you got the script perfectly there.

Squad:
Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Shelvey, Henderson, Cole, Downing, Yesil, Assaidi, Gulacsi, Flanagan, Sama, Wilson, Coady, Suso, Morgan.

Rumoured team: 3-5-2
Jones; Wisdom, Coates, Carragher; Flanagan, Coady, Henderson, Shelvey, Downing; Cole, Morgan

Jesus christ, Cole must be in a great frame of mind after his wages were discussed by way of a post match conference. He must be buzzing.

Tbh Cole should consider himself lucky he hasn't been sacked. Is there any other job in the world where you can be so totally unqualified for the work you were hired to do and yet impervious to dismissal?

The Unsinkable Joey Cole.

Considering we played our full team in the last game against this lot and narrowly won, makes the upcoming game rather intesting.

BTW Is Sama a decent player, what position is he?

Considering we played our full team in the last game against this lot and narrowly won, makes the upcoming game rather intesting.

BTW Is Sama a decent player, what position is he?

Centreback. Been impressed by his huge improvement in the last season or so.

As for the squad / lineup, I guess we're going there to hunker down, scrape a point and try to hit them on the counter. This is an away game we may not win even with the first team, so I've no problems with the squad and the mentality. Having said that, I'd rather see a full team of U-21s in there with a couple of 22-year-olds thrown in (Pacheco, Henderson) than the likes of Cole (whose attitude I have no problems with; he's just past it) and Downing (lesser said and seen, the better).

I think Pacheco and Ngoo will be in the squad based on their showing against Wolves last night.

That would not be in keeping with the Liverpool way.
Solely on the basis that they played well in the reserves, I'm almost certain that they won't be in the squad.

Until they need selling that is....

What I am failing to understand is why in every single pre-game presser Rodgers tells the journalists exactly what our tactics are, exactly how we are approaching the game and exactly how we'll play.

@neiljonesecho: From @JamesPearceEcho, Conor Coady likely to start in midfield for #LFC tonight. Flanagan/Downing as wing backs, Adam Morgan up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom