• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So anzhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an insult to every poor bastard fan who has spent a small fortune to freeze their arse off in the middle of fucking Russia to watch their side.

Flanagan is shite.
Downing is Downing.
And Morgan's just a child.
Coady I wouldn't know if he walked into my living room right now.

Yeah, cause we got a massive squad we do. 4 strikers and loads of back up players.
The outrage that he rests players in a EL game before Chelsea on sunday.

I'm surprised the manager didn't take the League Cup a bit more seriously. The best chance of winning something with the added bonus of re-entry into Europe next season.

I'm surprised the manager didn't take the League Cup a bit more seriously. The best chance of winning something with the added bonus of re-entry into Europe next season.

Well, at least he don't have to complain about the thin squad if we are out of Europe?;)

I'm glad he didn't, to be honest.

I haven't heard any manager until now openly say he'll probably have to sacrifice the cup competitions for the league. At least with the strongest XI there'd be a good chance of beating this team. I doubt the strongest XI will avoid a defeat against Chelski.

Yeah shite team. We should send all our first teamers over there so that they will be knackered for Chelsea and lose. That way we can all moan some more.

God, we moan when youth doesn't get a chance and now we moan when they do.

Its not our stongest side, but its not a must win game, there are more important priorities so I'm happy for all these players to get a chance to play in a different place and atmosphere and get valuable experience in reasonably low risk situation.

When we do get back to actually competing on more fronts then this sort of experience will stand some in good stead.

Yeah shite team. We should send all our first teamers over there so that they will be knackered for Chelsea and lose. That way we can all moan some more.

They'll probably lose anyway against Chelsea. I'd rather see a young side against them to provide an excuse for the humiliation. What the hell's happened to the fitness of the players anyway? It's only November and the poor things are already exhausted.

I think it would have been foolish to bring our "first team" for this game but I also think players like Assaidi and Suso should be in the starting line-up. They need games. I think McLaughlin should've get the nod ahead of Flannagan in the wingback role too, he offers much more going forward.

But surely league points are our priority? I'm happy to see the manager prioritise youth in a game on the far reaches of the continent in a competition that's less relevant than the league.

At least then we're giving ourselves our best chance of getting a result at Chelsea? I'll grant you that I'm not hopeful but last nights game at Parkhead shows that its not always a foregone conclusion.

But surely league points are our priority?

Presumably, although you could have fooled me so far! I don't mind rotation - Rafa obviously did it in these kinds of games - but it surely doesn't have to be this extreme. The choices look more like a political message to the owners than a measured attempt to cope with a younger team. There should always be a sense of pride about LFC teams. Always. Swansea can have the odd embarrassment, Liverpool can't, or at least shouldn't.

With our tapping of Dempsey going to cost us 3.points we have to scrape for points in the PL surely.

If Downing scores a screamer against Anzhi with an assist from Cole and the Russians buy them both, it'll be worth it.

Well if there are no traffic jams on my way home, I should get home for 5.

*hopes for traffic jams*

It's only Cole really that I don't want to see in the team, but if the thinking is to get him in the shop window and hope for a performance that makes someone take note, I can get behind that.

1-2 Cole and Morgan.

Well Rodgers more or less dismissed him last week as a waste of money and crap, so the shop window isn't going to help much now.

Well Rodgers more or less dismissed him last week as a waste of money and crap, so the shop window isn't going to help much now.

I think it's fair to say that the football world in general does not pay the same attention to pre and post match press conferences as we do.

Apart from the Rafa 'facts' thing, Kenny's 'intelligence' comment, Rodgers' discussion of Dempsey, etc etc. No, no one notices. The hacks on Sky last Sunday dedicated ten minutes to the Cole comment, and Thommo criticised it the previous day.

Agree with Spion.

It's probably (bar joe cole) the best we could have fielded if we are planning on resting players. I would do the same, much more important match on Sunday.

I agree with the "I fucked 20 cousins from the same family" brother, the wise but engaged young man + the cockney man i'm yet to meet.

I agree with the nice Jewish man, the dude who's shagged a whole bunch of girls(*high five*) that turned out to be related to each other, the guy who isn't Borini and a cockney fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom