• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

So when does Pep Guardiola move over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Administrator
Hopefully just one more season to prove to himself he can outdo his prodigy before he moves on.

Then …. Italy? I really hope he isn’t settle here

I'd say he will go a couple of minutes after the punishment for the 115 charges lands on his desk
Why, they only stretch to his first title in 2017/18. There are no charges for 2018 onward no matter how much would like to see them and I doubt that ANY sporting tribunal would find it acceptable to apply a punishment eight years or more after the fact. The only option is now to apply historic punishment which no one will give a shit about.

There is no precedent for the City transgressions. In the past and present teams were charged, assessed and punished in a reasonable timeline so that transgression and punishment were related. Not so with the 2013-17 charges

Last edited:
It kind of pisses me off if he does retire, I want him to be driven out like he was in Spain by Jose Ball, but more importantly - I have always believed that this league is hardest in the world, that one team cannot dominate indefinitely for too long that the Premier League always has teams that find an answer to a particular style of dominate football. But for some fucking shitty reason the majority of teams just cannot find an answer to the brand of football that Pep and now Arsenal are playing. Starting to think that the managers in this league are just fucking lazy cunts and are giving up those games and don't believe that they can train their own group of professional footballers to counter Pep/Arteta Ball

Post match give the indication he may be prepared to stay.
I mean where does he go after Man City, he has coached Barca and Bayern so he isn't going to coach Madrid. Spanish National Team perhaps but it's going to be a huge drop in income. I reckon including commercial contracts, he makes over £50m a year

Only places for him are

Stay at 115 and potentially go down with the ship.

Go to PSG, without Mbappe but are desperate for the CL like City were.

Go back to Bayern and have a Xabi vs Pep face off.

Go back to Barcelona who are in the mud financially, so probably the least likely of the options.

I don't see any options in Italy for him.

He'll want to leave on a high, won't he?

Eventually something will happen with City. Could be the charges, could be an issue with the owners, could be some further regulation that they can't beat.

I doubt he'll want to hang about for that.

If he was guaranteed the CL and league next year, I reckon he'd go, but his problem(!) is that he'd probably need to call it before that.

And it'd be the national team eventually I expect.

given the way things have worked out he’ll not be able to perform his man city heroics* anywhere else, might be at city until he gets bored of winning. i wonder if he’d go to MLS under the right conditions, he’d be worshipped by default which might appeal to him greatly.

*buying most of a team at transfer record level and continuing to top that up over the years whilst curiously being able to retain players with very little grumbling.

Why, they only stretch to his first title in 2017/18. There are no charges for 2018 onward no matter how much would like to see them and I doubt that ANY sporting tribunal would find it acceptable to apply a punishment eight years or more after the fact. The only option is now to apply historic punishment which no one will give a shit about.

There is no precedent for the City transgressions. In the past and present teams were charged, assessed and punished in a reasonable timeline so that transgression and punishment were related. Not so with the 2013-17 charges
There are no charges against Man City for post 2018 currently.
If some of the current 115 charges stick it is likely that it will lead to more charges as the practices causing them didn't stop in 2018.
A big IF

He'll leave when he gets given a heads up that City are going to get taken down by the PL. He won't want to be the face of that and will move to his next chequebook job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom