• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

State of the title race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Convo with the missus this morning went exactly like this.

Me - I'm watching the game tonight
Her - Why?
Me - I haven't watched them so far, and they keep winning..
Her - You watched them last week against Real Madrid..

Let's hope I can repeat the trick

DELIVER THE GOODS mate and you'll be watching them every fucking week going forward!

I’d pay for your sports subscriptions if this works till the end of the season.

OK after last night I was so angered by Wolves it knocked me out to sleep. I cannot believe the way those utter cunts played, for a team that needs the ball, someone really needs to teach them how to press. The only hope I have is that West Hambeat them, and we do to Southampton, and Wolves what other teams have done to them which is score loads of goals no mercy, non stop back to heavy metal stuff, fuck it, logically there is no hope so why not just take the risk and go all out ?

Back to Wolves after the third goal went in I still had hope, but after the fourth I was not even thinking about a great comeback just some hope that Wolves would keep the beating at 1- 4 and maybe get a goal back. How wrong was I ? Funking useless cunts

It’s over - the League is over - there’s nothing we can do and chasing 10 goal differences is going to lead to someone getting injured before the CL final.

City will win their last 2 games easily.

Focus on the Finals and making sure we at least keep things tight, organised and together in the league, also winning and maintaining momentum while resting key players.

Yep chasing goal difference is pointless. The only we win the league is if City have a miraculous collapse and drop points in both of their games. It's not happening on GD in any circumstance.

City are a machine if it looks like anyone is challenging them.

we know we need to be nearly perfect and get close to 100 points for any chance of winning the league in a normal season - because they’re relentless - we make it so they have to be like that.

I have hope in my heart.

Thinking city will walk the next two games is the equivalent of not bothering next season because they’ll walk the next 38 games.

Fuck that. As long as there’s a chance I’ll believe.

We're a machine too. I think we'll be challenging again

I looked at the table. It is over, and that is due to the goal difference. If that was closer, a loss at west ham might do it.
Now it is too far ahead. We lost when we drew against them and against spurs.

Last edited:
I have hope in my heart.

Thinking city will walk the next two games is the equivalent of not bothering next season because they’ll walk the next 38 games.

Fuck that. As long as there’s a chance I’ll believe.
Given you a like for that post. Even though you’re hopelessly wrong. And I was one of those at the Ataturk Stadium singing YNWA at halftime in 2005.

If you want to know, under the penalty shoot out in Istanbul, I was crouched on the floor, under a table in a bedroom away from the telly, grasping my lucky plastic aardvark, with both hands.
You have a lot to thank me, and probably Jason, for.
Hold on. Was that for the penalty shootout or were you doing this for the entirety of the second half to the shootout? If it was just the shootout I don’t think you did enough.

Lets see the result against West Ham first. We can easily smash 6 past Soton if needed. They're shite.

we’re losing 1-0 in a drab affair which hands the title to City thanks to you now.

I wonder if the gods can accept a Scandinavian sacrifice?

What did most of you do on 25 May 2005 20:30 BST?

Did you leave the stadium/turn the telly off/go home?
Weirdly I thought we could still turn it round.

Life has beaten all the idealistic romantic hope out of me since

Aston Villa are NOT beating City. A draw is possible.

If City beat West Ham on Sunday. Its done.
It's already done, even if West Ham beat City.
Are we winning our last two games scoring 10 goals or something. Doesn't look likely.

The power of the aardvark is limited. It has to be portioned out. Now it holds only sentimental value.

Then I’m expecting, nay demanding, that Jason the Aadvark is on hand in a fortnight’s time

It's already done, even if West Ham beat City.
Are we winning our last two games scoring 10 goals or something. Doesn't look likely.
I'd take it going down to the last day with a bit of nerves involved.

It's be City nerves more than ours, we'll just be balls out going for it.

Lads. Cruel truth. We had a chance to win the league at the Ethiad. We bottled it. We blew it right there. That was the chance and we were happy with a draw. City were the better team. I was disappointed we didn’t play better that day

that was the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom