• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

State of the title race

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there you have it in black and white, the exact attitude you can see reflected in those tantrums their fans throw on Blue Fume.

It makes me feel grubby to say it, but these days I reckon I despise them even more than their neighbours from down Salford way.
Ditto

I know, I know ..it sounds like a dream ..and too far fetched but…wouldn’t it be amazing !! The fume would have the fume of their lives…forever fumin !! hahaha

You sure that's right, mate? Didn't they have to win 14 or 15 straight to end the season 1 bastard point ahead of us, three seasons back..? If only they'd dropped two points in that run in.

You sure that's right, mate? Didn't they have to win 14 or 15 straight to end the season 1 bastard point ahead of us, three seasons back..? If only they'd dropped two points in that run in.
I assume that it's in games against the team they have left to play this season rather than in their last seven games in those seasons

If they drop points it can surely only come in one of the away games against Leeds, Wolves or West Ham. This is going to be an insanely tense month or so and I bet we will see last minute winners from both of us in the run-in.

We will drop some points as well I feel and so will City. Hopefully they drop more than us...but I somehow doubt it.

If they drop points it can surely only come in one of the away games against Leeds, Wolves or West Ham. This is going to be an insanely tense month or so and I bet we will see last minute winners from both of us in the run-in.

Yep those are the games. They drew at Southampton and Palace, and were very lucky to beat Everton away. All similar "tricky" away games.

I think it's more likely than not that they drop points in one of those.

Wed.13th (H) Benfica CL
Sat.16th (N) Man City FAC
Tues.19th (H) United PL
Sun. 24th (H) Everton PL
Wed. 27th CL SEMIS 1st Leg
Sat. 30th (A) Newcastle PL
Wed. 4th CL SEMIS 2nd Leg
Sat. 7th (H) Spurs PL
Tues. 10th (A) Villa PL
Sat. 14th FA CUP FINAL
Sun. 15th (A) Southampton PL or Tues 17th if we make the final?
Sun. 22nd (H) Wolves PL
Sat. 28th CL FINAL

You realise there’ll be a COVID outbreak at the ETHIAD shortly and the Fume will blame the “bin-dipping murdering cheats” for trying to ruin their season.

I can't believe that there's anyone left to get Covid after the Omicron waves.

That Spurs match terrifies me... They always give us fits.

It is always a tricky game, yes, but I will be happy if we are still in serious contention by then.

Man United, Everton and Newcastle before that. Any one of them could be more difficult than it should be.

We’ve beaten them 7 times in our last 8 meetings. Including the European cup final.

The only reason why it isn’t 8 from 8 because VAR fucked up.

You know it's always a close, back and forth match, that could usually end up going either way. For me, it's our toughest remaining match. We give up chances, every match - They're scoring a lot lately. I'm worried.

I hope you're right that I'm worrying for nothing, but the way they're playing at the moment, I can see them throwing a spanner into the works.

I won’t disagree they are toughest side left to play. They’ve got the most quality. But there is such a gulf in class between the top two and the rest I’m not going to worry about spurs.

Could having tougher games be beneficial for us because we need to have that extra edge? Thinking we are going to steam roll some cannon fodder could work against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom