• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Steven Gerrard or James Milner as Assistant Managers?

localny

Well-Known
Lads, I hope we can agree the options for Liverpool manager are currently underwhelming.

The only way is down after you've been in a relationship for 9 years with the world's most beautiful manager.

I know Gerrard didn't cut it at Villa, but it was close. A lot of narrow defeats.

Would he look like a possible solution, as a great assistant? Maybe Milner?

As I am writing this, I'm not even convinced myself. But if Amorim or another underwhelmer comes in, would it be helpful?

I don’t want to shit on Gerrard from my armchair but wasn’t a big criticism of his managerial career his reliance on others to handle the tactics? I’d be hoping for second opinions and ideas from the number 2 and I’m not sure he has that.

As shouty Phil Thompsons they’d both be more than capable.

Milner has been around some top coaches and still has a connection with the squad. I’d be more interested in him or even Lallana… who’s doing his coaching badges currently i believe.

I'd fucking love Millie to come in. But, I doubt the new coach will hire a stranger just because I'd like it

As shouty Phil Thompsons they’d both be more than capable.
Yeah - I'd love to see Stevie put his medals on the table and mouth off that until the squad has won the same they have no right to complain, only to see Mo smiling smugly in the corner

Gerrard committed career suicide heading to Saudi. He’ll never get a decent management / no.2 job again.

Yeah - I'd love to see Stevie put his medals on the table and mouth off that until the squad has won the same they have no right to complain, only to see Mo, Alisson, Trent, JoGo, Virgil, Robbo, Joel, Adrian and Thiago, smiling smugly in the corner

Fixed….

And then Alexis pulls out one none of them have…

I'm hoping we weren't just all in on Alonso and that, given we've known about Klopp since November, we've done our homework thoroughly on potential candidates and we pull something out the bag. But seeing as the main job of the new DoF (or whatever) is to appoint a successor to Klopp, I fear it's another last minute jobby.

We just have to put our faith in those at the top, we've had the same doubts over players before and look how that turned out. If their managerial picks are half as successful as their talent spotting, then it might work out ok.

I wouldn't have Gerrard near our club as manager or assistant manager. I've never felt that he has the temperament or patience for it, he's too impulsive.

Stevie has shown himself to be crap at management. It would be sad for someone talented to lose a slot to Stevie just for who he was as a player

Stevie lost a massive opportunity to learn from the best when he left for Rangers. He could have worked on the youth team for a year or two more and then joined Klopp's first team as coaching staff. Could have been a contender to take over after that.

Great player, one of the best. Has been very exposed as a manager, and I wonder whether he'd even accept a 'step down' to be a coach now.

Al-Ettifaq are currently 6th in the Saudi league with 9 games to go, 10 points (but a game in hand) behind 5th. Pretty much where they were last season. The leaders have double Al-Ettifaq's points!

Back
Top Bottom