• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sturridge Back in the new year... God willing - (looks up to the heavens) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Liverpool have won only four times in 14 matches without the former Chelsea and Manchester City forward and currently find themselves in 11th place."

I'd be more optimistic with either of those in the side than a forward line of either any of the three senior strikers up front on their own or a combination of two of the senior strikers.

Yesil is made of Glass.. Palace would break him in two with Pulis's tactics..

Sinclair.. maybe...

He's one of the most injury prone players we've ever bought, if not the top. He's a great player, but we shouldn't rely on having him for most of any season he's here. Suarez plays more than Sturridge and he's usually banned for half a season.
Time for the other 3 to step up, we're not short on numbers.
Be interesting to see if Rodgers looks at strikers in jan, but I don't think he will.

BR really needs to give Mario and Ricky a run of games up front together
Unfortunately none of our forwards are fit for purpose; I have no problem with Lambert or Borini as 2nd half subs but don't want Balotelli anywhere near the team. We have some excellent players and NO centre forwards so why not play without a cf...it's been done before.

..................................Mignolet..................................
Flanagan..........Skrtel...........Lovren...............Moreno
...................................Can...................................
................Henderson..........Allen..........................
.......Coutinho............Sterling............Lallana.......................

Energy, pace, skill................most teams would struggle against that "front" three.

Unfortunately none of our forwards are fit for purpose; I have no problem with Lambert or Borini as 2nd half subs but don't want Balotelli anywhere near the team. We have some excellent players and NO centre forwards so why not play without a cf...it's been done before.

Energy, pace, skill................most teams would struggle against that "front" three.

Do you really think Flanagan will be anywhere near match fitness though?

Do you really think Flanagan will be anywhere near match fitness though?
Not really but I'm looking forward to him being given a chance to be our first choice right back. Manquillo in until Flanagan is ready.

Shame we didnt take a punt on Remy. Who knew Studge was likely to miss some games eh..

Starting a match with no strikers would be mental especially with the front 3 you have selected. works for arse when you have a player like sanchez whos knows where the back of the net

Starting a match with no strikers would be mental especially with the front 3 you have selected. works for arse when you have a player like sanchez whos knows where the back of the net
I'd have more faith in those 3 scoring than any configuration involving any of our forwards unfortunately. I'm not saying it's ideal but given the hand we've been dealt it's the best option IMO.

So apparently God fucking hates him, again. All this 'God willing' stuff doesn't seem to work does it?

It seems like everyone now in football - including Wayne Rooney!! - points to the heavens and thanks God. The game is regressing to about 1600. If they keep this up they'll soon be thanking the bright star in the sky for their fitness and performing goal celebrations inspired by dinosaur kills.

It seems like everyone now in football - including Wayne Rooney!! - points to the heavens and thanks God. The game is regressing to about 1600. If they keep this up they'll soon be thanking the bright star in the sky for their fitness and performing goal celebrations inspired by dinosaur kills.

You won't be complaining if we ritually sacrifice Mighty Red in the centre circle before every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom