• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, plus there's the Dutch connection with ten Hag.
Not so sure that will play any part at all - Klopp's reputation and standing in Germany plus VvD is his country's captain & there's Gakpo both of whom he knows better I'd assume. And of course Klopp has been after him for a while.

Just 2 players added and we can genuinely be title contenders but we as usual fail to make that final step . A center back and another strong holding midfielder.

Just 2 players added and we can genuinely be title contenders but we as usual fail to make that final step . A center back and another strong holding midfielder.

A senior central defender (not another yout’) is a must. Some proper competition for Mo on the right would be a bonus.

Im ok with Endo, Thiago and Bajcetic covering DM

So we most likely won't sign another player this window. Either we are waiting for Jan window or something will pop out as a surprise to all of us in these two days.

I do not know if he is a tit or not, but I'd have some faith that Klopp would not compromise squad harmony/culture/whatever for the sake of bringing in another six. The clubs record of due diligence on players' personalities and character has a long record of being robust, and we have a long record of passing off players we do not feel are right.

Last edited:
The club have been clear that Endo is our DM. He's got a first team squad number and he's gone straight into the match day team.

I'm hoping we are chasing down a CB deal but if we are then we are doing it VERY quietly!

I'm beginning to question the relevance of Big Jorge, what's he done? Is he being handicapped by Klopp and the owners? I hear they might extend his contract for 12M, what for, I don't think he has a long term plan or vision?

I'm beginning to question the relevance of Big Jorge, what's he done? Is he being handicapped by Klopp and the owners? I hear they might extend his contract for 12M, what for, I don't think he has a long term plan or vision?

He's handicapped by the bottle of vodka he drinks with his pop tarts

Good move for Big Nat. Hope it happens for him.

Another loan? He does get about!

So we MUST be getting in a another CB then as we've loaned out all the 'youngsters' (Koumetio, Rhys Williams, Sept and now Nat)

• Virgil (2 match ban)
  • Joel (Can't do back to back games)
  • Ibou (Injured regularly)
  • Joe Gomez (off to Saudi?)
  • Quansah (lost in IKEA)

So we MUST be getting in a another CB then as we've loaned out all the 'youngsters' (Koumetio, Rhys Williams, Sept and now Nat)

• Virgil (2 match ban)
  • Quansah (lost in IKEA)
After all the lessons learned from our CB situation couple of seasons back, was it ? If we still don't sign a CB, not sure what to say anymore.

With Phillips out of equation, that's 1 lesser HG player registered, so no more non-HG player space left?

• Virgil (2 match ban)
  • Quansah (lost in IKEA)
Lol lost in Ikea

With Phillips out of equation, that's 1 lesser HG player registered, so no more non-HG player space left?

fewer :-D before Tom expires

A squad comprises of a maximum of 25 senior players (over 21 at start of the year the season commences) plus as many U21s as you like. A maximum of 17 of the senior squad can be overseas players. Given the EPL reliance on overseas players we tend to think of it the other way around, that there are 8 home grown slots which is not strictly true.

We have 16 senior professionals that currently don't meet the home grown criteria and 4 that do (Trent, Curtis, Joe and Caoimhin). Gravenberch will not fill the last slot as he counts as U21

F43QhmUbAAAGtb_

This is not how it should work.

Not at all... but if this is what Klopp wants then I guess he's living and dying by his own sword.

That's just his view of it...maybe Klopp, his staff and the other board members would think differently?

In any case, Klopp has been here 8 years.....Jorg was brought in as a temporary fix, he would still have the duties of any other sporting directors out there.

To me it sounds like a guy playing down his role to hide the shit work he's done behind the scenes...anyhow his time is up, adios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom