• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Press articles from 2019!!!
The point I am making is the growing influence Pep, its clear he has been the driving force behind certain signings, and according to one author he rattled Buvac. I am then extrapolating to say be his increasing influence wasn't welcomed by others like Edwards and Graham. Its guess work. I think Pep's signings have been good but just not enough of them

Buvac and Klopp had fallen out more than once before they arrived at LFC though, and Buvac had resigned at least once during that time. Didn't Lijnders come back after Buvac left anyway?

That's certainly possible and was suggested at the time. What made and still makes me doubt it is the number of people who left all at once. For me it's a stretch to imagine them all choosing to take a leap of faith if they're on a good thing at LFC.

If the parting of ways wasn’t amicable, they would have been walked.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that FSG are one of the financial backers of Ludonautics and
a lot of this fucking around is tied up in delays getting Edwards new company off the ground.

Ward hanging around to help out and potentially coming back towards the end of the window doesn’t sound like someone walking away because they’re not being supported.

The point I am making is the growing influence Pep, its clear he has been the driving force behind certain signings, and according to one author he rattled Buvac. I am then extrapolating to say be his increasing influence wasn't welcomed by others like Edwards and Graham. Its guess work. I think Pep's signings have been good but just not enough of them

Well.. then Buvac “the brain” needed to put on his big boy panties and not go sniffing round a job at Arsenal behind Klopp’s back.

And this stuff about Pep is just pure speculation.

Buvac and Klopp had fallen out more than once before they arrived at LFC though, and Buvac had resigned at least once during that time. Didn't Lijnders come back after Buvac left anyway?

Yep Pep left while Buvac was still at the club and was sacked by NEC after Buvac went on “personal leave”.

So BB’s living in fantasy land.

Yep Pep left while Buvac was still at the club and was sacked by NEC after Buvac went on “personal leave”.

So BB’s living in fantasy land.
Exactly, BB, and the journalist he quotes, are using the fact that Buvac was on "personal leave" for 6 months before formally quitting as evidence that it was Lijnders' influence that caused him to leave, completely ignoring the fact that Buvac effectively left pre Kyiv and Pep rejoined post Kyiv.

So what did Fat George do then?

I found him
big-bellied-man-is-resting-on-the-beach-stock-video.jpg

Giving a new deal to an injury prone player while he is injured (again) certainly doesn't sound like a great move.

Yep, the contract with Thiago would have already been sorted in that case.
I do however think that Matip could get another year. Klopp obviously likes him (German connection) and so does Van Dijk.
It all depends on how he performs. We're just not in a hurry to resign him.

Only way I’d keep Thiago is on a pay to play deal - even then he would just take up an O/S spot that could go elsewhere

There’s no way we keep Matip & Thiago - there might be wordplay from their agents to try and drum up some contract offers by suggesting we’re offering a new one - but surely we won’t - unless we’re offering them a cut price deal

Adrian says hi

That’s different though isn’t it - there’s sort of a method there because there is no intention to buy a new keeper.

I expected some offers for Kelleher this summer.

I reckon Pitaluga might get a game in the League Cup.

Superb reading of the force though.
Ah love this, it translates to a defender who can quickly spot danger and reads the game well, sadly I have been looking into this guy , was easy to find stats on him based on his appearance. Not good reading , the guy had one ground dual with a player named Sithinho Palpatine and lost it badly which led to the downfall of his entire team.

I would not sign him.

This news kind of makes it official - most of us were wrong to predict we were going to transition to a 3 CB system long-term and therefore in this line of thinking a proper LCB to challenge Robbo was essential and Tsimikas needed to be sold. Now it’s become clear Klopp still wants his left-back to put in a proper attacking shift therefore we need both Robbo and Tsimikas.

Also interesting that Gomez, just like Bajcetic the other day, was playing the “Trent role” with all the essential movements: into midfield during build-up, dropping into RCB and going wide into crossing positions in the attacking phase. I guess it makes sense - you can’t totally change your system based on one player being available or not, so now whoever plays RB has to copy the full range of movements Trent does.

Last edited:

This news kind of makes it official - most of us were wrong to predict we were going to transition to a 3 CB system long-term and therefore in this line of thinking a proper LCB to challenge Robbo was essential and Tsimikas needed to be sold. Now it’s become clear Klopp still wants his left-back to put in a proper attacking shift therefore we need both Robbo and Tsimikas.

Also interesting that Gomez, just like Bajcetic the other day, was playing the “Trent role” with all the essential movements: into midfield during build-up, dropping into RCB and going wide into crossing positions in the attacking phase. I guess it makes sense - you can’t totally change your system based on one player being available or not, so now whoever plays RB has to copy the full range of movements Trent does.

We played quite a bit in Pre-season where Tsimikas dropped into the midfield 2nd pivot role from LB & Gomez at RB became more of a traditional RB.

It led to huge gaping spaces on the left on more than one occasion.

Jude Bellingham on the score sheet again in the CL vs Napoil...
Their top scorer this season with 8 goal...
Why oh Why did we not sign him.:eek:
I would trade Mac, Gravy, and Endo for him

Jude Bellingham on the score sheet again in the CL vs Napoil...
Their top scorer this season with 8 goal...
Why oh Why did we not sign him.:eek:
I would trade Mac, Gravy, and Endo for him
That's because he is playing more as a 10. We needed a proper 6 and 8 at the start pf the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom