• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer rebuild 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barella doesn't go for 70 plus lol, don't be disillusioned just because a few teams above us pay that for any player that becomes their value.
Thank goodness someone else recognises this point. There’s no need to spend mad money at all-- just need to be shrewd.

Thank goodness someone else recognises this point. There’s no need to spend mad money at all-- just need to be shrewd.
That's how we've always done it though so I don't get all of a sudden why this urge has come about where you can't get by unless you match the spending of whoever's at the top of the tree.

That Chelsea Ukrainian is fucking shit, and after watching Jude against Chelsea...fuck me he is not worth 80M let alone 150M. No fucking way, I thought he was near enough invisible and the game just passed him by. Our old Emre had a very good game.

That Chelsea Ukrainian is fucking shit, and after watching Jude against Chelsea...fuck me he is not worth 80M let alone 150M. No fucking way, I thought he was near enough invisible and the game just passed him by. Our old Emre had a very good game.

Jude isn't worth £120m, correct, but if every Tom, Dick and Harry says Klopp wants him and Dortmund have put a "I don't want to sell him price" , that's what you pay. Personally, i have never been anamoured by Jude (purely based on his price tag) , and would not mind if we missed out and he went to Real Madrid.
Jude is brilliant, but not £120m brilliant. Chelsea over paid for Mudryk and Enzo, and it's skewed the market, now £120m looks reasonable for Jude now

Last edited:
Jude isn't worth £120m, correct, but if every Tom, Dick and Harry says Klopp wants him and Dortmund have put a "I don't want to sell him price" , that's what you pay. Personally, i have never been anamoured by Jude (purely based on his price tag) , and would not mind if we missed out and he went to Real Madrid.
Jude is brilliant, but not £120m brilliant. Chelsea over paid for Mudryk and Enzo, and it's skewed the market.
They both looked like players who cost £10 million each last summer (or the one before it.)

So over Jude. Bore off with it. Move to Madrid move to City move to China I don't care suck my dong.

About time we moved on from resting all our eggs in Jude's basket and find some other targets who are actually value for money.

Here’s how we get 10 solid it on a £250m budget :

- £120 for Bellingham
- £5m for someone to hack into Porto, Benfica, Napoli, Dortmund & RB Leipzig’s scouting database.
- £125m to buy 9 players they’re planning to sign for a pittance to flog to teams like us at a squizillion £££ profit in a few years time.

Job done.

Here’s how we get 10 solid it on a £250m budget :

- £120 for Bellingham
- £5m for someone to hack into Porto, Benfica, Napoli, Dortmund & RB Leipzig’s scouting database.
- £125m to buy 9 players they’re planning to sign for a pittance to flog to teams like us at a squizillion £££ profit in a few years time.

Job done.
Since Brexit clubs cannot sign foreign nationals under 18. Our recruitment department did not sign Moises because its too complicated and instead he went to Brighton which tells me they want straight forward transfers, so consequently it cuts off most of S America.
Our recent young intake of recruits seem to be players worth a few hundred Ks

Since Brexit clubs cannot sign foreign nationals under 18. Our recruitment department did not sign Moises because its too complicated and instead he went to Brighton which tells me they want straight forward transfers, so consequently it cuts off most of S America.
Is that true?

Is that true?
[article]
Premier League clubs banned from signing under-18 players from overseas
By The Athletic Staff
1 December 2020Updated 18:54 GMT
52 Comments

dMY7ygEtwBiN_0SuyfZKezXxg_1440x960.jpg

Premier League clubs have been banned from signing under-18 players from abroad under new regulations after the UK leaves the European Union (EU), reports Luke Bosher. New regulations for player transfers have been approved by the FA, Premier League and EFL and will come into effect this January. The regulations were submitted to the Government by the FA last month and have now been approved by the Home Office.
Why are the rules being introduced?

When the UK leaves the EU on December 31, players from European clubs of any age will not be able to freely move to clubs in the UK as they have been doing.

New entry requirements for players joining UK clubs from overseas were, therefore, required before the January transfer window opened and clubs were permitted to sign players again.
How have they come about?

The Premier League, FA and EFL have been in dialogue for some months over the exact entry requirements for transfers from overseas.

The regulations are designed to safeguard the future of the England national football team, while also allowing domestic clubs to remain competitive and have the ability to sign the best players.
What does this rule involve?

Under FIFA’s regulations, international transfers are only allowed if the player is over 18.

However, there is an exemption for the EU and the European Economic Area which allows players between the ages of 16-18 to move clubs providing they receive a sufficient standard of football training and academic teaching,

With the UK leaving the EU, Premier League clubs must, from January 1, wait until players are 18 or older before they are able to sign them.
Are there any other standout rules?

Players joining the Premier League from EU clubs will have to gain a ‘Governing Body Endorsement’ (GBE).

The GBE will operate on a points-based system that is similar to the current work permit arrangement in place for transfers from outside the EU.

The number of overseas under-21 players a club can sign will also be limited, starting at three in this coming transfer window and then limited to six per season from the beginning of the 2021-22 campaign.
How will work permits be decided?

The points-based system will factor in:

• “Senior and youth international appearances
  • Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
  • Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes”

Players who are just short of meeting the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an ‘Exceptions Panel’.

(Photo: Visionhaus)
[/article]

[article]
Premier League clubs banned from signing under-18 players from overseas
By The Athletic Staff
1 December 2020Updated 18:54 GMT
52 Comments

dMY7ygEtwBiN_0SuyfZKezXxg_1440x960.jpg

Premier League clubs have been banned from signing under-18 players from abroad under new regulations after the UK leaves the European Union (EU), reports Luke Bosher. New regulations for player transfers have been approved by the FA, Premier League and EFL and will come into effect this January. The regulations were submitted to the Government by the FA last month and have now been approved by the Home Office.
Why are the rules being introduced?

When the UK leaves the EU on December 31, players from European clubs of any age will not be able to freely move to clubs in the UK as they have been doing.

New entry requirements for players joining UK clubs from overseas were, therefore, required before the January transfer window opened and clubs were permitted to sign players again.
How have they come about?

The Premier League, FA and EFL have been in dialogue for some months over the exact entry requirements for transfers from overseas.

The regulations are designed to safeguard the future of the England national football team, while also allowing domestic clubs to remain competitive and have the ability to sign the best players.
What does this rule involve?

Under FIFA’s regulations, international transfers are only allowed if the player is over 18.

However, there is an exemption for the EU and the European Economic Area which allows players between the ages of 16-18 to move clubs providing they receive a sufficient standard of football training and academic teaching,

With the UK leaving the EU, Premier League clubs must, from January 1, wait until players are 18 or older before they are able to sign them.
Are there any other standout rules?

Players joining the Premier League from EU clubs will have to gain a ‘Governing Body Endorsement’ (GBE).

The GBE will operate on a points-based system that is similar to the current work permit arrangement in place for transfers from outside the EU.

The number of overseas under-21 players a club can sign will also be limited, starting at three in this coming transfer window and then limited to six per season from the beginning of the 2021-22 campaign.
How will work permits be decided?

The points-based system will factor in:

• “Senior and youth international appearances
  • Quality of the selling club, based on the league they are in, league position and progression in continental competition
  • Club appearances, based on domestic league and continental competition minutes”

Players who are just short of meeting the threshold may be considered for a GBE by an ‘Exceptions Panel’.

(Photo: Visionhaus)
[/article]
Cheers for that.

Looks like Klopp is going to get a substantially smaller pot as FSG by all accounts are not looking for a quick sale.

Should concentrate the minds, then.
The club will tell fans with the likes of Steph coming through its important the club doesn't block progress by buying new players. So I expect Mount and Nunes to be our marquee players and if we have enough money left over we might possibly someone like Kone from Watford

We don’t need U18 players and we’ve signed players from S America before, so just because we didn’t fancy signing one who’s contract had multiple owners doesn’t mean we’re never going to sign a player from S America.

Besides - we don’t need to sign a gazillion S Americans. There are other countries.

We don’t need U18 players and we’ve signed players from S America before, so just because we didn’t fancy signing one who’s contract had multiple owners doesn’t mean we’re never going to sign a player from S America.

Besides - we don’t need to sign a gazillion S Americans. There are other countries.
Don't tell me,. tell the scouts. The youngsters we sign are from lower league clubs from around the UK, and may go as far as Ireland. We probably could get Jobe for £20m but I don't think the board will sanction that.
Our whole transfer strategy is so fucked, have a sell to buy model but let players walk for free. We are scared to recruit good youth talent but as said above get low value options who probably won't make it (eg Kaide Gordon, Ramsey etc) . We go for mid - high price players but our budget only and so we only get one player in, and thus extend the contracts of ageing players in the hope their form will continue forever more
FSG will be, so FSG has to work out a fucking strategy that will find talent on a £50m net spend

Why is our academy not as “productive” as comparable teams?

By the way, thinking of the way sprogs are written off or retained reminds of Arsenal letting go of Kane and keeping Afobe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bar Chelsea (who have bought just about every youth player in the country). Which comparable teams are more productive? Not many of the top teams have players produced from the Acadamy in their first team.

It's true.

City - Foden (Lewis new breakout kid from this season)
Arsenal - Saka and Smith Rowe
Utd - Rashford and let's include Greenwood.
Newcastle - Longstaff
Villa - Ramsey
Everton - Gordon being they sold him.

Bar Chelsea (who have bought just about every youth player in the country). Which comparable teams are more productive? Not many of the top teams have players produced from the Acadamy in their first team.
Not necessarily stayed at the home club but still good enough to play in a top league.

Did I hear talk of Arsenal? Smith-Rowe, Saka & Nketiah have been mentioned. But there have also been Maitland-Niles, Martinelli (yes, I know), Joe Willock, Gnabry, Eze just from quick memory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom