• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a transfer story which has strongly built over the past 24 hours, the Athletic Club Bilbao goalkeeper now looks like he’s moving towards Chelsea.
AS started it all off on Monday evening and then several other publications joined in from Tuesday onwards.
Depending on which source one chooses to believe, Chelsea have either already sent the player’s €80m buyout clause, or will do so tomorrow.
Earlier it was reported that Kepa was travelling to Madrid, where he’d help the buyout clause be activated. Now Marca have video of him arriving in the capital and the Spanish newspaper don’t think it’ll be the footballer’s only flight this week.
Marca claim that Kepa will tomorrow fly to London to complete a transfer to Chelsea, and therefore become Thibaut Courtois’ replacement at the Premier League club.
This is now very much being treated as a matter of when and not if.

If true, Alisson won't be the world-most expensive GK for much longer. This is absolutely insane and not sustainable.

£72million?!?!?!?!

Fuck me.

Something is fishy about this. Chelsea were penny-pinching for some time, signing the likes of Drinkwater and Barkley. There are plenty of decent EPL keepers they could have bought for much, much less - so why suddenly blow a record sum on a youngster very few people heard of?

Something is fishy about this. Chelsea were penny-pinching for some time, signing the likes of Drinkwater and Barkley. There are plenty of decent EPL keepers they could have bought for much, much less - so why suddenly blow a record sum on a youngster very few people heard of?

Big show of support of their gaffa - who supposedly rates him big time.

He's not a youngster. He's 23 and was in the WC squad.

Perhaps Abramovic has got his visa sorted.

I can't imagine Sarri would've agreed to come simply to oversee Chelsea's managed decline.

There will be money to spend.

Chelsea getting Kepa will be great news for us. The media circus around the most expensive kepa in the world will shift away from us.

I saw him a handful of times last season, and he looked like a bog standard la liga keeper to me, maybe I missed something. He's not been in any conversations for any teams looking for a keeper or a replacement keeper. Very odd

I saw him a handful of times last season, and he looked like a bog standard la liga keeper to me, maybe I missed something. He's not been in any conversations for any teams looking for a keeper or a replacement keeper. Very odd
No.. Only Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona all summer..

No.. Only Real Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona all summer..

Yeh that’s right, Madrid haven’t been tapping up courtois and de gea all summer. Athletico want to get rid of that Oblak fella as he’s shit, so have been looking for a replacement. And Barca have had enough of that Ter Stegen guy that’s not very highly rated at all.
Yeh, those 3 have been all over him this summer, spot on.

Real were linked in January but didnt sign him for a reported fee of 17 mill, appaz because they wanted Courtois instead.

Yeh that’s right, Madrid haven’t been tapping up courtois and de gea all summer. Athletico want to get rid of that Oblak fella as he’s shit, so have been looking for a replacement. And Barca have had enough of that Ter Stegen guy that’s not very highly rated at all.
Yeh, those 3 have been all over him this summer, spot on.
You really don't read much eh?

So all the stories of Oblak's release clause being triggered...
"Atletico line up Kepa as a replacement"

Madrid set to miss out on Courtois and De Gea stories...
"Madrid have Kepa as a back up option, even although Zidane rejected the chance to sign him in January.. With Zidane gone, Kepa could yet move..."

But yep live in your bubble where you have never heard of him. I'll be honest and admit i've only really heard of him for about a year.

And for the record.. Barcelona have the basque connection. Hence they were linked.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Sarri would've agreed to come simply to oversee Chelsea's managed decline.

There will be money to spend.

Why not? Sarri hasn't won anything in his career and managed in Serie B just a few seasons ago.

Keylor Navas is too good a keeper to sit on the bench though.

He will be good enough for most english teams. It's just too bad he's not that "fashionable".

What's up with Maguire though? I mean he has had a good WC but it is not like he is an unknown entity before? Why the desperation to sign him only now? 50m would be aplenty to get him before the WC.

Why not? Sarri hasn't won anything in his career and managed in Serie B just a few seasons ago.

His stock is high right now - and is considered, at least by some articles, as someone who has had to fight to where he’s gotten on account of the lack of playing career and contacts - and presumably he’ll have had a few options.

Chelsea are a big club and will be paying him well but if their best players are leaving and there’s no money to spend what’s the point?

His stock is high right now - and is considered, at least by some articles, as someone who has had to fight to where he’s gotten on account of the lack of playing career and contacts - and presumably he’ll have had a few options.

Chelsea are a big club and will be paying him well but if their best players are leaving and there’s no money to spend what’s the point?

Maybe being paid well is the point. I like Sarri a lot, but I seriously doubt that he is a good fit for Chelsea (and they for him).

Last edited:
Boateng rejecting Utd, Golovin chosing Monaco over Chelsea. Both Utd and Chelsea seem to have lost some of their pulling power.
Pogba wants out, Hazard wants out, Courtois on strike.

Good to see when its not your own club, eh :)

Boateng rejecting Utd, Golovin chosing Monaco over Chelsea. Both Utd and Chelsea seem to have lost some of their pulling power.
Pogba wants out, Hazard wants out, Courtois on strike.

Good to see when its not your own club, eh :)

Chelsea no longer has the financial pulling power that they did 15 years back, CIty are holding the boss hand there. As for United, why would you want to go and play for a highly defensive team with a grumpy manager?

It's glorious to see them having problems.

Thing is, there's not many high profile attacking managers in the game now, who would have the pulling power of a guadiola or klopp

Kind of why you see the same faces recycled as short term managers at clubs

We're not really in a golden age for managers at the minute

I'd like to see their problems move from news reports to action. Hazard to leave Chelsea & United to fold against Leicester on Friday forcing Martial to put in transfer request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom