• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer transfer links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea no longer has the financial pulling power that they did 15 years back, CIty are holding the boss hand there. As for United, why would you want to go and play for a highly defensive team with a grumpy manager?

It's glorious to see them having problems.

I'm sure some of their fans will bring out the old "we only want players who want to play for our glorious team. If he doesn't want to play for us he can fuck off".

Gosh I used to hate those dicks when it was us.

(*Apologies if any of you were them)

Chelsea's midfield confuses me

In kovacic, kante and jorginho they've not got a weird mix. Think route 1 might cut them out the game

I meant from the other side

Yes, they're all good, but none of them are an aerial threat. They're relying on their CBS coming forward to win things in the air

But what if he's as good as last season's last minute panic buy Morata?

It's good that you reminded of that. Chelsea's transfers business looks a lot more impulsive after Granovskaya took over from Emenalo. Now the pattern is they don't do much for most of the window, seem to be penny-pinching, a star player wants to leave (Diego Costa last year, Courtois now) and they just throw huge money at a replacement without much of a plan of how he will fit in. Was Morata Conte's choice? Doesn't look like it since he never fit in his system in the same way Costa or Giroud did. Is Kepa Sarri's choice? I would guess not and who knows how long Sarri will last at Chelsea anyway.

Sarri-ball is all about playing out from the back, he had Reina at Napoli who is great at that –Bilbao was totally different, playing mostly route 1 football and so far there is no indication that Kepa is particularly adept at distribution. He only has 1 cap for Spain, only 7 clean sheets last season. Obviously he's talented and has great reflexes, but it will be a big ask to replace Courtois, especially when it comes to controlling the penalty area and dealing with crosses, which the Belgian was so good at. In terms of style of play it would make much more sense for them to go for Alisson, who they seemed to be interested in, but dragged their feet.

I wish at times that KHL was from Brazil or Argentina or at least Germany.

Unfortunately, no matter how much he polishes the Danish ballers, they are still turd.
That's just rude.

Anyways, so Dortmund, that's a German club right of decent standards, they played yesterday and won 4-3 thanks to a hattrick by 19-year-old Danish teenager Jacob Bruun-Larsen. He was, according to the clubs own match reports, alongside commanding midfielder Thomas Delaney, their best player against FC Zurich. None of those two Danes are Germans by the way or South Americans even.

See, even turds can turn into gold now and then..

Kepa confirmed for 71.6m. 7 year contract. Very long contract in modern day football, will.ema fuck all when barca come calling in next couple of years.

I actually really want us to sell all the dead wood.
I know no one will come in. Ive made peace with that. Klopp doesnt like the circus.
But lets at least get rid of all that shit

Its only Ings that we really need to sell tomorrow, maybe Origi. The rest have interest from outside England, and can move until 31st August.

Id love us to be all over that at £40m its a no brainer.
You could sign him for £40m and next summer hes worth 100m plus hes an ace player.

You could sign him for £40m and next summer hes worth 100m plus hes an ace player.
He's at his maximum worth now.. He's 29. Hence why there have been few bites.

£40m this summer
Or £25m next if not bought

Theres low sell on value to the buying club in my opinion.

Hard pass, Alderweireld is good but at 29 years old 40 mill on him would be daft.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard is set to raid his former club as he looks to take Liverpool forward Dominic Solanke on loan.
The 20-year-old struggled for game time under Jurgen Klopp last season due to the form of Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.
But Liverpool legend Gerrard is confident he can convince the forward to make the switch to Ibrox this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom