• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Blade Runner Trial

I'm following it - Just out of fascination of the whole court room process. There's no way he can walk free surely.

Also it makes chuckle when they keep calling the judge 'Me Lady' - It's like a demented mish mash of Lethal Weapon 2 and Thunderbirds!

I don't understand his defence. Who in their right mind would shoot through their bathroom door when you don't know where your missus is

If he thought it was a burglar then shout to then that you have a gun, fire a warning shot etc.

No way can he go free.

I have a strong feeling he's going to pull an OJ on it and walk.
It's all to obvious he did it, but he's got a great legal team.

I have a strong feeling he's going to pull an OJ on it and walk.
It's all to obvious he did it, but he's got a great legal team.

Yes but wasn't there a jury on OJs case. This is a judge led case.

He is going down.

for me it goes like this -

1/ he's a lying cunt and he killed her .

2/ he's a whopping fuckwit who panicked and killed his missus out of fear thinking he was in danger.
But there are so many questions here . How did he not notice she wasn't in bed beside him ? if you wake thinking there is an intruder would you not wake your partner and go "did you hear that , i think someone is in here " ? Why didn't he shout out to whoever was in there ? Would you not wait to see the danger before letting rip ? The questions go on .

And again it all goes back to countries/societies where it's normal to be armed to the hilt . People act surprised when things like this happen but obviously if you've guns left ,right and centre it will .

Witnesses today are giving evidence of him firing on an ex girlfriends car previously and of him shooting the floor of a restaurant.

A neighbour said she heard arguing prior to the shooting also.

It's not looking good for him unless the credibility of those testimonies is damaged.

From the clips on the news, his barrister sounds pretty thick.

Witness: I heard a woman screaming and gunshots.
Barrister *in south african accent*: That is physically impossible. She was shot in the head. I will present expert medical evidence in due course to prove that she could not scream after being shot in the brain.
Witness: Uh huh. Hmmm. Well I'm no expert but I would guess that she got shot in her brain with the last of the four bullets which your client fired.
Prosecution: LMFAOOOOOO

Firing off his gun in a restuarant a month before shooting his girlfriend doesn't bode well for him either.

Does smack of the whole OJ situation a little.

Surely a normal person would've copped to it by now knowing they can't try and buy their way out.

The whole restaurant thing does seem fairly plausible. It could easily be argued he didn't know the bugger was loaded and just went off accidentally. He's not going to fire a gun in a restaurant on purpose is he.

Serious question. If he was in bed then did he not have to also reattach his prosthetics before getting his gun and tackling an intruder?

Serious question. If he was in bed then did he not have to also reattach his prosthetics before getting his gun and tackling an intruder?
As far as I understand it he didn't have his blades on. Rather he was just on his 'stumps' as they phrase it in the trial. Pretty much his whole defence rests on this as he felt helpless to an intruder hence why he kind of stumpy walked/crawled to the bathroom and started plugging away.....

Is he going to use the excuse of being on his stumps for not being able to see if anyone was in bed?

As far as I understand it he didn't have his blades on. Rather he was just on his 'stumps' as they phrase it in the trial. Pretty much his whole defence rests on this as he felt helpless to an intruder hence why he kind of stumpy walked/crawled to the bathroom and started plugging away.....

Wow. Thanks Red, very interesting.

The entire nation of South Africa will be stumped if he gets away with it.

Perhaps he can change his name to Pistolius to help hide his identity.

Well they aren't going to risk an injury by chaining a ball to him. They want him fit for the next para Olympics in case he gets off.

I think the finding of all the steroids during the house search might have an impact on his future athletic career - if he does go free

The prosecution will probably use forensics to argue that the shots were fired from shoulder height and he therefore had his blades on.

When the police showed up he was wearing them anyway. It makes no sense if you'd accidently blown your girlfriend away that you walk back to the bedroom and put on your blades.

The prosecution will probably use forensics to argue that the shots were fired from shoulder height and he therefore had his blades on.

When the police showed up he was wearing them anyway. It makes no sense if you'd accidently blown your girlfriend away that you walk back to the bedroom and put on your blades.

It makes no sense that he'd walk back to the bedroom and put on his blades because he can't walk back to the bedroom without them on.

I was right that it's a good thing you aren't my uni's barrister.

I think the judge should ask him to prove that he can walk on his stumps, that would be awesome. Like a sobriety test. When he falls flat on his face the entire courtroom would gasp it'd be genius

There was a Jordanian para Olympian in court in Northern Ireland this week as well.

Obviously the lizards are behind this, they're getting rid of the physically disabled before they become part machine and rise up against the reptilian overlords with their robot hands and legs that also shoot lasers.

I think the judge should ask him to prove that he can walk on his stumps, that would be awesome. Like a sobriety test. When he falls flat on his face the entire courtroom would gasp it'd be genius

Oh man I so want to see that happen. Thinking about it that really could happen. I want to see some stumpy walk/crawl action!

The only question I have is this; why the fuck is the trial of some South African, constantly being televised on a British tv station?

Until they find a motive for him to deliberately shoot her, they will struggle to convict on murder. Unless I've missed something in the blanket coverage, there has been no actual motive presented apart from what may or may not be on her iphone?

Back
Top Bottom