• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Donkey

The Villa game last night, Salah misses attempted that was offside was a far worse miss than anything that I have seen Nunez miss for us.
Nunez ofside goal He buried that...

Also, it was a chance and miss that would not have counted anyway had Mo scored it as it was flagged for offside.
Nunez missed many easy chances that would have counted had he scored.

IMG-20240514-WA0026.jpg

Also, it was a chance and miss that would not have counted anyway had Mo scored it as it was flagged for offside.
Nunez missed many easy chances that would have counted had he scored.
Salah missed a tap in and gets no stick about it. Had Nunez missed it this site would have blown up

Just remember… the last goal Nunez scored was off his arse… while he was looking the opposite direction to the goal.

Guys - while you all call him donkey - can you list the strikers from South America - that have comparable GA to him over the course of this season playing in the top 4 leagues i.e. PL, La Liga, Serie A, German League

Thanks,
MORON

How does this matter? I don't care if he's Papua new Guinean, doesn't make him any less of a Donkey

How does this matter? I don't care if he's Papua new Guinean, doesn't make him any less of a Donkey
You can't handle the truth - how about this, we are so focused on XG when it comes to goal-scoring that the chances he has missed look like they are incredible to miss but he missed them, but do we even consider the surrounding conditions in a game when those chances do happen ? we don't.

All our forwards have missed incredible chances this season - ALL of them. We rarely break the lines of the opposition - in fact when we failed to score in the last 6 weeks when it was crucial - you need to look at those games, and think - how is it our final third play in most cases is so slow and always we are facing an opposition full of defenders already lined up. Our forwards are never in that position say Haarland or City players are for the final kill, they are either in the middle of a fuck-fest of defenders where they cannot even turn/shoot or just not in a place to actually have a straight shot at goal. As for one on one's that get missed - most people on here think for some reason that a player should beat the goalkeeper and score - but honestly its really 50-50 unless the goalkeeper is well out position to make a save or they are shit goalkeepers.

Yes he can do better, so can others, but much of the fault in my view is not using them properly. we all look at last season and think - oh well we were fucked the midfield legs are gone but what if Klopp could for just one season changed his ways ? - we could have used the pace of Darwin/Salah to play a more defensive non-pressing formation and just do counter-attacking footy. In fact Darwin was willing to play that role and a willing runner but we rather arrogantly wanted him to conform to being what we want him to be rather let him play his natural game. I think the Diaz experiment is done now, but the Darwin one needs to continue with Slot next season who I am sure will use him in the right way.

You can't handle the truth - how about this, we are so focused on XG when it comes to goal-scoring that the chances he has missed look like they are incredible to miss but he missed them, but do we even consider the surrounding conditions in a game when those chances do happen ? we don't.

All our forwards have missed incredible chances this season - ALL of them. We rarely break the lines of the opposition - in fact when we failed to score in the last 6 weeks when it was crucial - you need to look at those games, and think - how is it our final third play in most cases is so slow and always we are facing an opposition full of defenders already lined up. Our forwards are never in that position say Haarland or City players are for the final kill, they are either in the middle of a fuck-fest of defenders where they cannot even turn/shoot or just not in a place to actually have a straight shot at goal. As for one on one's that get missed - most people on here think for some reason that a player should beat the goalkeeper and score - but honestly its really 50-50 unless the goalkeeper is well out position to make a save or they are shit goalkeepers.

Yes he can do better, so can others, but much of the fault in my view is not using them properly. we all look at last season and think - oh well we were fucked the midfield legs are gone but what if Klopp could for just one season changed his ways ? - we could have used the pace of Darwin/Salah to play a more defensive non-pressing formation and just do counter-attacking footy. In fact Darwin was willing to play that role and a willing runner but we rather arrogantly wanted him to conform to being what we want him to be rather let him play his natural game. I think the Diaz experiment is done now, but the Darwin one needs to continue with Slot next season who I am sure will use him in the right way.

So we're supposed to change the way we play, a structure set from the u15s all the way up to the seniors, for one player? A player who in his first season was shown up by Gakpo who joined mid season and also played in the world cup?
A player that was shown up by Jota who's injured all the time?

The excuses are reaching hall of fame level now. We're talking Stuart Downing levels.

Guys - while you all call him donkey - can you list the strikers from South America - that have comparable GA to him over the course of this season playing in the top 4 leagues i.e. PL, La Liga, Serie A, German League

Thanks,
MORON

Oh….. I’ll bite.

I presume we’re limiting it to league games, because you know… not everyone gets to play Norwich.

Also - are we going with per minutes played… happy with a floor they have to be above, line x amount of games or minutes?

Or do you just want to lob raw numbers in there?

I ask because… unless you find the right way to stack the stats in Nunez favour… you’re going to be upset.

The guy has a lot of ability. And a lot of attributes that you’d want in a striker. I’m hoping the manager can work on his finishing.

Back
Top Bottom