• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Kids are Alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I never saw enough of Brewster but he never struck me as quick or with any outstanding qualities to speak of. There are a lot of kids who score a million goals in youth football that can seem to make the transition into senior football - he just seemed like one of them.

The thing Dann has in his favour is that he's a unit so seems to be able to compete physically and he's clearly got (or been given) the confidence, which you need to make the step up.

I remember reading a lot of fans thinking at the time it was a mistake to sell him to Sheffield.

Not gonna start bringing up youth/reserve games or pre-season games as more than likely no one will even remember them, but this as a 17-18 year old, the talent is obvious to see. Was definitely one of the stand out players both at u21 level and on the international scene before the injury.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLIi6NRowRE

Perhaps I never saw enough of Brewster but he never struck me as quick or with any outstanding qualities to speak of. There are a lot of kids who score a million goals in youth football that can seem to make the transition into senior football - he just seemed like one of them.

The thing Dann has in his favour is that he's a unit so seems to be able to compete physically and he's clearly got (or been given) the confidence, which you need to make the step up.
Think that's the crux of it. Some players just can't make the physical leap from youth to first team football. We've had tons of free scoring strikers at youth level; just can't make the leap

I would not be so quick to rule out that his physical stature is evidence of him being on the opposite end of the age spectrum.

"The loss of muscle mass and strength is called sarcopenia and this is a hallmark of the syndrome. Hormonal changes with age have been suspected of causing some of the problems seen in frailty. Both estrogen in women and testosterone in men when lessened with age can lead to a decline in muscle mass."

I would not be so quick to rule out that his physical stature is evidence of him being on the opposite end of the age spectrum.

"The loss of muscle mass and strength is called sarcopenia and this is a hallmark of the syndrome. Hormonal changes with age have been suspected of causing some of the problems seen in frailty. Both estrogen in women and testosterone in men when lessened with age can lead to a decline in muscle mass."
Erm, it isn't his muscle mass, or physical stature dude (though he could do with some gym work). It's that he has the face of an angelic cherub.

The eyes tell a different story. He has the ptsd thousand yard stare, like he's seen things, too many things over too many years.

I know it's mostly hyperbole but the reaction (in general) is like this is first time football has witnessed a 16-17 year old play the game.

Bringing on a talented kid in the closing stages of a cup game we're comfortably ahead isn't anything new.

It's probably the biggest moment in his life, nevermind his career....it's only natural his body won't quite know how to deal with the contrasting range of emotions.

I remember reading a lot of fans thinking at the time it was a mistake to sell him to Sheffield.

Not gonna start bringing up youth/reserve games or pre-season games as more than likely no one will even remember them, but this as a 17-18 year old, the talent is obvious to see. Was definitely one of the stand out players both at u21 level and on the international scene before the injury.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLIi6NRowRE

Yeah I just finished watching that compilation. Looks very ordinary, I mean everyone can score goals.
He's destined for Championship football imo.
Might end up in a team like Sheff U or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom