• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Kids are Alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://youtu.be/B7ccNuAiK-w?si=5cvfekLNgoifBWrc

Well worth a watch. Neil Jones really knows LFC’s Academy, so his analysis is quite insightful. Now I’m starting to understand the strategy club used to stay competitive in the era of FFP - of course they were far from the only ones to invest in the Academy, but we seem to be better than almost everyone at making sure all structurs within the club are aligned with this vision and the young players have a smooth pathway into the first team.

There is a real prospect of a “United’s class of 92” type of generation emerging from our Academy for the first time in living memory and the League cup win was a clear sign that there is something of a real substance here. You can blabber about developing young players all you want, but do you actually trust them to play in a final with a trophy on the line? The proof is in the pudding and that final was the pudding.

Last edited:
Danns very good, 2 very different but both exceptional finishes. Reckon he'll be a handful for a lot of defences in a few years.

The next one that impressed me most even though he was only on for 15mins was Nyoni, you can just tell when a kid looks the part.

Some struggled in parts tonight I thought. McConnell looked leggy/tired, Bradley was off it in parts. But you know, expectations and all that. Obviously Danns was superb, Nyoni looked the part and Clark was good the entire game. The legs and the spirit will run out though, we need the big guns back ASAP. But it's fantastic to know these guys can come in a do a job, part-time now hopefully full-time in future. And of course, playing with more of the big boys will make them improve even more.

Some struggled in parts tonight I thought. McConnell looked leggy/tired, Bradley was off it in parts. But you know, expectations and all that. Obviously Danns was superb, Nyoni looked the part and Clark was good the entire game. The legs and the spirit will run out though, we need the big guns back ASAP. But it's fantastic to know these guys can come in a do a job, part-time now hopefully full-time in future. And of course, playing with more of the big boys will make them improve even more.

Our whole midfield and attacking press was just broken in the first half, and any decent team would have done something with that. It doesn't really matter though, it's hook or by crook.

Bradley had an up and down game, defensively on toast a few times until that Sulemana lad went off, attacking wise as good as he usually is, he seems to love an outside the foot effort, another good 1 before the rebound. Talent wise you can see he’s a few cuts above Clark and Mcconnell.

Bradley had an up and down game, defensively on toast a few times until that Sulemana lad went off, attacking wise as good as he usually is, he seems to love an outside the foot effort, another good 1 before the rebound. Talent wise you can see he’s a few cuts above Clark and Mcconnell.
He was abandoned at times against an extremely talented player who apparently is one of the fastest players in any of the leagues. He did just fine.

If we'd have been playing a Bournemouth or a Brighton tonight, we'd have been well beaten. That Sulemana was a problem and could have had 3 or 4. If Trent had been playing RB there would have been social media outrage, the space and chances he had. But, we rode it and won well in the end. I'm just saying that, we won't win every week with these players.

If we'd have been playing a Bournemouth or a Brighton tonight, we'd have been well beaten. That Sulemana was a problem and could have had 3 or 4. If Trent had been playing RB there would have been social media outrage, the space and chances he had. But, we rode it and won well in the end. I'm just saying that, we won't win every week with these players.
As Klopp seemed to signal, Gomez was giving no cover. All teams double up on players like that. All Bradley could do was try and hold him up. It wasn't a Bradley problem at all, it was a team problem.

He was abandoned at times against an extremely talented player who apparently is one of the fastest players in any of the leagues. He did just fine.
True. He is rapid granted but thankfully he showed today why he hasn’t scored this season.

Well Gomez isn't a centre mid. I'm not arguing with you, I can see how good Bradley is and I'm ecstatic about it. But he isn't the finished article. He's on a wave of great early games, let's hope to god it continues.

He's about two years older too.
The one I'm waiting for is Bajcetic

Thinking about next summer, not knowing who might leave but, what are our areas of weakness? Obvs we can always improve but, we're not crying out for anything are we? Just more experience for the guys we have really.
GK - Sorted
LB - Sorted
CB - VVD has been imperious lately, Konate is great (90% Desailly, 10% Traore but he'll continue to get better), Quansah ace
RB - Sorted
MF - If anyone can find a 21 year old KDB then great otherwise, sorted
Forwards - They're all decent and will improve

It might be a bit boring but, we have a good squad.

Unless another Haaland turns up and I'd take that.

Thinking about next summer, not knowing who might leave but, what are our areas of weakness? Obvs we can always improve but, we're not crying out for anything are we? Just more experience for the guys we have really.
GK - Sorted
LB - Sorted
CB - VVD has been imperious lately, Konate is great (90% Desailly, 10% Traore but he'll continue to get better), Quansah ace
RB - Sorted
MF - If anyone can find a 21 year old KDB then great otherwise, sorted
Forwards - They're all decent and will improve

It might be a bit boring but, we have a good squad.

Unless another Haaland turns up and I'd take that.

Note sure - about this based on tonight's performance, and a cup win against a bunch of overpaid palyers that are slightly older than our youngsters. Still think we could do with a Manu Kone to supplement the midfield - especially if Thiago leaves, and we still need an LCB. Other than we are sorted. Oh - forgot to add, if Mo leaves then we will need a right sided attacker.

He's about two years older too.
The one I'm waiting for is Bajcetic
Age doesn’t come into it for me, they’ve all stepped up from the academy this season. Danns is 18 and I rate higher than the 2 midfield lads so. Even rate him higher than Gakpo tbh.

Murder on the Danns floor!

dan-alan (1).gif

When I heard there was a promising 18 year old striker in the academy, I was expecting a speed merchant who hung around the box kept his eyes down, and either ran at goal or took a shot every chance he could.

A bit like Rhian Brewster.

I wasn't expecting a hold up /pressing machine that also made line breaking passes and runs into space like that, or that was calm enough to dink the ball over the keeper

The sad news about Danns is that the FA youth cup team has now lost a very important player.

btw, the kids play against Leeds away tonight in the FA youth cup.
I doubt that Koumas, Nyoni and Danns will play.
Tough break for the team.

When I heard there was a promising 18 year old striker in the academy, I was expecting a speed merchant who hung around the box kept his eyes down, and either ran at goal or took a shot every chance he could.

A bit like Rhian Brewster.

I wasn't expecting a hold up /pressing machine that also made line breaking passes and runs into space like that, or that was calm enough to dink the ball over the keeper
Was Rhian Brewster a speed merchant ? - everything that I saw of Brewster was well... nothing great, was very shocked we even got anything above 5M for him when we sold him.

Now this kid Danns looks very composed, hope he gets some more game time in the busy schedule we have.

btw, the kids play against Leeds away tonight in the FA youth cup.
I doubt that Koumas, Nyoni and Danns will play.
Tough break for the team.
Don't worry Modo, they'll just find 3 lads from the u8s and the transition will seem like nothing.....we just don't know it yet.

Was Rhian Brewster a speed merchant ? - everything that I saw of Brewster was well... nothing great, was very shocked we even got anything above 5M for him when we sold him.

Now this kid Danns looks very composed, hope he gets some more game time in the busy schedule we have.
He was very quick yes but not just a speed merchant, very exciting prospect before he picked up the bad injury. The decline has been incredible since his loan at Swansea but again injuries haven't helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom