• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Kids are Alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctor_mac

My cowboy name is Garland Justice

View: https://x.com/samsgyan/status/1760471588871508144?s=20

Loving this little moment after the game against Luton. A totally drained Elliot (who left everything on the pitch last night), is helped to his feet and embraced by Bradders, with Quansah coming in for a little academy graduates love-in. One of the things to really celebrate this season is the emergence of so many academy players, and with others, a bit further down the line, like Jones, becoming clear staples in the side.

Big props to the academy system. Lets hope whoever comes in after Klopp is as keen to exploit it.

I know not all of them came from the academy and some were poached quite late from other clubs but when was the last time we had a crop as good as we have now? The ones in the side are going from strength to strength.

Doak Baj Bradley Quansah Harvey Clark, possibly add Ramsay and Morton to that list. Nyoni Mcconnell Gordon Danns potentially waiitng in the wings too.

Hopefully we don't see too many changes with the academy in the summer other than maybe get 2 or 3 more out on loans earlier.

I know not all of them came from the academy and some were poached quite late from other clubs but when was the last time we had a crop as good as we have now? The ones in the side are going from strength to strength.

Doak Baj Bradley Quansah Harvey Clark, possibly add Ramsay and Morton to that list. Nyoni Mcconnell Gordon Danns potentially waiitng in the wings too.

Hopefully we don't see too many changes with the academy in the summer other than maybe get 2 or 3 more out on loans earlier.
It's part of the job of academies to bring in and develop those poached players too, and to identify the right loans. We appear to be getting more of those loans right than we have in the past, or maybe we're loaning out better players for development?

The academy has to aim to produce players who can regularly meet the demands of the squad role within the first team. If they kick on from that then all the better. We are approaching this point with this crop and it should allow us to prioritise the summer funds on players who will make a sizeable impact on the first team. It's a very pleasing position to be in and is the result of a load of hard work that likely does not get the credit of acknowledgment it probably should.

We seem to have been finding some more effective loans for our players, too.

I was wondering last night whether Klopp would be handing out so many minutes if he wasn't leaving at the end of the season.

I know we have injuries, which to an extent has forced his hand with the likes of Bradley and Quansah, but on the whole there appears to be a real feeling of bringing everyone at the club (as much as is possible) into the fold.

The fact that we're somehow still winning games is creating a great feel good factor around the club.

The decision to integrate the first team and the academy at Kirkby and the Axa was a stroke of genius.
Its quite remarkable to see so many young players getting minutes and not look out of their depth.
Thats what training on a daily basis with World class players does, and there seem to be a bond between every "team" at the club. Its one team and one club. Love it.

The decision to integrate the first team and the academy at Kirkby and the Axa was a stroke of genius.
Its quite remarkable to see so many young players getting minutes and not look out of their depth.
Thats what training on a daily basis with World class players does, and there seem to be a bond between every "team" at the club. Its one team and one club. Love it.
Yep.. A part of Klopp's legacy. He sacrificed transfer budget for a training ground. Wasn't Danns involved in Elliott's goal?
Looks like he has jumped in front of Kaide Gordon

What I liked about Danns last night was his attitude. He was only on the pitch for a short time but he ran around and put himself about like a man possessed as he knew he could sustain that effort for the time he'd be on the pitch. Obviously over a longer appearance he would need to pace himself and show some quality in his play, but that kind of effort is the minimum we should expect from a late sub, although the last player I saw do that on debut was Dirk Kuyt.

Yep.. A part of Klopp's legacy. He sacrificed transfer budget for a training ground. Wasn't Danns involved in Elliott's goal?
Looks like he has jumped in front of Kaide Gordon
Different positions though isn't it.

View: https://x.com/samsgyan/status/1760471588871508144?s=20

Loving this little moment after the game against Luton. A totally drained Elliot (who left everything on the pitch last night), is helped to his feet and embraced by Bradders, with Quansah coming in for a little academy graduates love-in. One of the things to really celebrate this season is the emergence of so many academy players, and with others, a bit further down the line, like Jones, becoming clear staples in the side.

Big props to the academy system. Lets hope whoever comes in after Klopp is as keen to exploit it.

All born 2003.

I can see the potential in most of our young players, even Danns who made his first appearance yesterday.
The one player I haven't figured out is Bobby Clark. I'm not even sure what his position is.
Is he quick? Can he dribble?
Is he an attacking midfielder like his old man?

I can see the potential in most of our young players, even Danns who made his first appearance yesterday.
The one player I haven't figured out is Bobby Clark. I'm not even sure what his position is.
Is he quick? Can he dribble?
Is he an attacking midfielder like his old man?

He looks a bit like a Mac Allister in that he can play all midfield roles.

Time will tell if he's a master of one though.

Danns looks promising. Thought he scored the winner when Harvey had his header somehow saved.

Delighted for Clark and Mcconnell today but not gonna go overboard with them.

3477-1669624880.jpg

Clark senior....uncanny right?!

I would love to see Irish Trent be given a go. He and Danns have been brilliant together. Looks like @StevieM was right about wanting the Academy players to be given chances rather than just buying players.

I would love to see Irish Trent be given a go. He and Danns have been brilliant together. Looks like @StevieM was right about wanting the Academy players to be given chances rather than just buying players.

It’s not rocket science mate - you invest in your Academy so that you don’t have to spend a fortune on loads of signings.

It takes time to work, but ideally then you can be really, really picky about who you do spend money on.

It’s not rocket science mate - you invest in your Academy so that you don’t have to spend a fortune on loads of signings.

It takes time to work, but ideally then you can be really, really picky about who you do spend money on.
Enjoy the glory. You know the saying " Even a broken clock is right...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom