• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The search for a new DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as his career for Liverpool doesn't follow Guts' in Berserk, we'll all be fine.

De Bruyne would make a good Griffith though....

Aside from all the Shonen nonsense; I like endo. He's just at the level below what we need atm. hopefully he can improve

I didn't realise being a slow thick cunt was part of the culture, soz.

I think you have to have a certain level of fluency in a language to really be able to convey whether you are a slow thick cunt or not. Perhaps you have a keen eye for talent, though.

Yeah fair enough. He just seems like a dozy hole. That's not damning, doesn't mean he won't succeed.

That's the second interview of him I've seen and he comes across as a total dullard.

Not my impression - I noticed he didn’t completely understand the questions, but the Japanese are usually not so proficient with languages and English is presumably his 3rd. He comes across more confident and mature than Minamino.

Not my impression - I noticed he didn’t completely understand the questions, but the Japanese are usually not so proficient with languages and English is presumably his 3rd. He comes across more confident and mature than Minamino.

Less "Vibes" than Taki so far though.

I Loved our taki

Reactions: jan
And more worryingly slow and lacking athleticism. Both critical factors for our DM I thought in the summer.
Only 2 games in so let’s see…

Yeah fair enough. He just seems like a dozy hole. That's not damning, doesn't mean he won't succeed.
I too found the interview a bit painful / cringe to watch, but I put that down to not understanding the questions fully and falling back on a default stock answer due to the language barrier as opposed to him being a dullard.

100%. He didn’t get the questions and seemed to really feel like he needed to do better. It was very earnest.. I’d give him 10 games at least to get there

It reminds me a tiny bit of minamino in that minamino arrived when we won the league and clearly didn’t feel he’d earned the right to go wild celebrating yet. To me Endo doesn’t feel like he has been at the club long enough to really revel in this achievement or that his part in it wasn’t huge.

or what woland said

If he had started jumping around after that performance, saying how much he loved Liverpool and we don't give up etc I'd have thought him an absolute cunt.

Dull and morose is absolutely what he should be. Get back to the training ground tomorrow Endo, our next opponents aren't going to be any slower or less physical. And yes, we always play with 10 men.

Douglas Luiz latest to be linked to us. Rumoured buy out clause. If so, Jorg's prowess at negotiation will come in handy.

True, but how many “true” #6’s are out there, capable of holding the position by himself and also progressing the play at world-class levels? Lavia wasn’t ready for that role, Caicedo is good, but isn’t a true #6. After losing Fabinho it might take several transfer windows to find another player of that ilk.

FWIW, Endo was self-critical after the game and said several times that he needs to be better defensively. I think he will be - it’s only the adjustment period for him.

Quite. How can anyone judge him based on his first game, against 10 men for two thirds of the game?

I dont see anything wrong with that interview in all honesty. I'd rather give him the respect he deserves for conducting it in English after being here for a week.
He could have opted for it to be translated, but he has the balls to do it in English. Fair play.

You can see that he doesnt quite get the questions and accent, but in the end it doesnt matter. We've all sat through enough interviews with thick footballers who scratch their forehead while speaking to see that this lad is probably a more intelligent fella. He spoke German to his teammates as captain of Stuttgart as well and will no doubt work on improving his English.

Maybe boring but as long as he does the job in midfield he can be a low key lad for all that I care.

Would Douglas Luiz want to leave Villa for us?
Rumours of a 40 mill release clause.

Not like us to chase players who are not too keen is it...

I reckon it should be fairly attractive to sign as our dm.
You'd be nailed on to start most of our games.

Looks like we're only dipping our fishing pole in the pond that is the Bundesliga.
........who knew?

Dear ALL

Are we actually interested in any DM out there ? - like a solid link, something concrete, someone who has a little bit more pace than Endo - someone younger maybe ? - Is there anyone out there in the world of Football in Europe who can do what we need desperately, we can all see it to a man at the lack of control in games, why the hell cannot a manager who gets 15 big smackers a year not see it and why does he think there is no one in the whole of Europe that can do the job we want ? What the fuck is Klopp's problem - and No this time it just cannot be FSG.

Kind Regards, Best Wishes,

MORON

It's quite clear that Klopp is not a fan of purely Defensive Mids in general.

He can't resist having a bit of attacking verve in all his midfielders. Its the Treaty of Versatility that the entire management team have entered into. Otherwise, you're not worth more than £25 million in his eyer.

Gravenberch, Douglas Luiz, Thuram, Kone... He'd probably sign Connor Gallager as our 6 if he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom