• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Suarez/Evra Racism Row

What sickens me after reading this is that although David Adams is 100% right in my eyes and although he wants to highlight so many points which mainstream media seem to be completely neglecting in all of this, the public view will more than likely be that he is just another Liverpool fan who is sore over the way the whole thing was handled. It all reminds me of a book I read a few years ago, 'Manufacturing Consent' by Chomsky. The whole thing stinks!!

I think the FA's decisions and the way they are reached will be under the spotlight soon enough when subjected to Parliamentary hearing.

No doubt there is much detail about the Suarez case which will come out in the course of events and time.

The Suarez decision will be seen to be unjust. The balance of probability should not be used to determine such a serious matter, nobody can seriously be happy at the way 'justice' was done or that similar methods be used again in the future.

Ollie strikes back

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt
Shame some Suarez apologists still trying to inflame the situation. We've witnessed the dangers that can bring in the last few days
40 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

That includes the LFC fan in the Irish Times so desperate to exonerate Suarez he's attributing books to me that I haven't written

Have to say, that is pretty amusing. Some people get quotes falsely attributed. I get an entire book. Doesn't say much for journalist, sadly
39 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47188.msg1462810#msg1462810 date=1326368949]
Ollie strikes back

Shame some Suarez apologists still trying to inflame the situation. We've witnessed the dangers that can bring in the last few days

That includes the LFC fan in the Irish Times so desperate to exonerate Suarez he's attributing books to me that I haven't written

Have to say, that is pretty amusing. Some people get quotes falsely attributed. I get an entire book. Doesn't say much for journalist, sadly
[/quote]

People still read this piece of shitbag? "Hi. I am the Ollie Holt... Yes HIM. Its not about the things I write, it is about ME!!!"

He needs to change his wiki page, which seems to suggest that he was ghost writer on two JT books, using the pen name Oliver or Ollie Derbyshire

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47188.msg1462826#msg1462826 date=1326369819]
He needs to change his wiki page, which seems to suggest that he was ghost writer on two JT books, using the pen name Oliver or Ollie Derbyshire
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that has been his pen name in the past - his mother (Emily Bishop in Corrie) uses her maiden name of Derbyshire - but a quick search on Amazon will show Ollie Derbyshire quotes Oliver Holt in his Terry book and the author details suggest it'sa different person entirely.

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47188.msg1462826#msg1462826 date=1326369819]
[/quote]

I believe he's being very coy here. He's definitely written one at least - which is the main point.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=47188.msg1462818#msg1462818 date=1326369284]
[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47188.msg1462810#msg1462810 date=1326368949]
Ollie strikes back

[/quote]

People still read this piece of shitbag? "Hi. I am the Ollie Holt... Yes HIM. Its not about the things I write, it is about ME!!!"
[/quote]

Oh and the small matter of him supporting Manchester United...

So all these high profile people supporting the Suarez "conviction" so vigourously are hardly the impartial people they are making out eh?

Powar - board of the Chelsea Foundation
Ouseley - board of the MU Foundation

Etc etc.

I agree that there is a lot of club chauvinism going on at all levels, under the disguise of moral outrage. It's not pretty and it isn't going to help the cause of anti-racism.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=47188.msg1462865#msg1462865 date=1326372518]
I agree that there is a lot of club chauvinism going on at all levels, under the disguise of moral outrage. It's not pretty and it isn't going to help the cause of anti-racism.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Imagine if Benitez was sat on some panel that decided that a Man U player was guilty of some outrage. I'd bet it would be contested to the max. These people who claim to be independent are, by the fact of the positions they hold, not!

All said, we should have contested the composition of the panel before the verdict.

When i read the report (it feels like many moons ago), all i could gather was Comolli fucked up every single time he was asked to speak to the panel. It is his words that are used extensively in the judgement, and his words differ from that of Suarez's.....

Evra capain at anfield shocker !

We got to finally stop this..... Otherwise 40,000 people booing will be reported as the biggest ever gathering of the KKK

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47188.msg1463391#msg1463391 date=1326441881]
what are you on about molby?
[/quote]

LTW.... there was an article in one of the broadsheets this morning saying that Fergie will calm the waters by making Evra captain in the cup match at Anfield.

I just predicted the following days headlines will be somewhere between missisippi burning and the nuremberg rally...

Who cares?

I hope we beat them and at the final whistle Suarez walks up to him shakes his hand and walks off again.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47188.msg1463610#msg1463610 date=1326461643]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47188.msg1463391#msg1463391 date=1326441881]
what are you on about molby?
[/quote]

LTW.... there was an article in one of the broadsheets this morning saying that Fergie will calm the waters by making Evra captain in the cup match at Anfield.

I just predicted the following days headlines will be somewhere between missisippi burning and the nuremberg rally...
[/quote]

ah ok - i just didn't get it.

let him be captain, or whatever. we'll beat them with ANDY CARROLL!!!!!! HUZZA

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=47188.msg1463616#msg1463616 date=1326461909]
He was captain in the last match. Wouldnt even accept that he lost the toss apparently.
[/quote]

Was it a black and white coin?

So....the lesson to take home from this is the next time Suarez is attacked verbally by a fan, he should give them back a mouthful, instead of showing and signs and walking away....

OK!

No offence mate...

I'd get fired if i start spending time reading things like that...fuck knows how i have still got a job considering all the time i waste.

[quote author=Hass link=topic=47188.msg1478824#msg1478824 date=1328629790]
Apologies for the bump but a worthwhile read.

Analysis of Suarez & the FA, via Crowdsourcing

http://thetroublewithfootball.blogspot.com/2012/02/analysis-of-suarez-fa-via-crowdsourcing.html

It's too long to post in here unfortunately
[/quote]

I just read that and its still gobsmaking that the FA went with Evra on such a charge.

Especially the 'he said Negro 7 times' bit, after you read that, its fucking obvious that the only time anyone mentions 7 times AT ALL, in all the statement, its the FA. Not Evra, or Fergie, or any player that was on the pitch. Its the FA that came up with 7 times. There is not a shread of evidence anywhere that points to 7 times, Evra said 10 N*ggers and changed it to 5 Negro's and Suarez said one Negro.

I think it's time to let this go. Though I think the report was a sham, a sham that typifies the many prejudices people hold of Brits, it's over. It's finished.

Nothing is going to change here - not for Suarez, or Kenny, or Liverpool, or the majority of Liverpool fans, or rival fans etc.

Until something comes out in the future (& it probably will), this case should remain shut and let both players and clubs move on.

Walk on ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47188.msg1478906#msg1478906 date=1328640556]
I think it's time to let this go. Though I think the report was a sham, a sham that typifies the many prejudices people hold of Brits, it's over. It's finished.

Nothing is going to change here - not for Suarez, or Kenny, or Liverpool, or the majority of Liverpool fans, or rival fans etc.

Until something comes out in the future (& it probably will), this case should remain shut and let both players and clubs move on.

Walk on ...
[/quote]

Actually Kenny brought it up last night in his after the match comments, the papers are all over 'racist Liverpool' again

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47188.msg1478913#msg1478913 date=1328641148]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47188.msg1478906#msg1478906 date=1328640556]

Walk on ...
[/quote]

Actually Kenny brought it up last night in his after the match comments, the papers are all over 'racist Liverpool' again
[/quote]

It was a mistake on his part. We should focus on footy and the challenges (Cup final, FA Cup, 4th) ahead, not this episode. Let it die - at least in the media etc, and use it as a motivational tool internally (us against the world mentality used by many great managers).

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=47188.msg1478919#msg1478919 date=1328641286]
[quote author=Asbo link=topic=47188.msg1478913#msg1478913 date=1328641148]

Walk on ...
[/quote]

[/quote]

It was a mistake on his part. We should focus on footy and the challenges (Cup final, FA Cup, 4th) ahead, not this episode. Let it die - at least in the media etc, and use it as a motivational tool internally (us against the world mentality used by many great managers).
[/quote]

It was not a mistake. Kenny is a leader who stands up for his people, and what Suarez needs is someone who stands up for him. The media in England is a shame. The power they have on the general opinion should be used with care, but they rather insists on spouting shit. I am actually quite surprised to see how far and how low they are willing to go for a stupid headline or a false story. And in that content it is important that LFC have leaders who stand up for their people, and in KK we have that! What is the alternative? To bow and let the fuckhead shallow journos have it their way? No fucking chance!

The longer this goes on, the worse it is for our club internally and externally. We need to do what we used to do best - win and shut everyone up. It's the only response we should be focusing on.

Your point re: the media is valid everywhere. This has only reinforced, as I said earlier, what many around the world feel about the British mentality.

Back
Top Bottom