• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago is dead

Accedalyday

Active
Thiago Alcantara's time with Liverpool will come to an end this summer upon the expiration of his contract.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/C7D--Ccs652/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d20d4606-f72b-46fa-ad44-57d4a5bcb024

thiago-alcantara-liverpool-fc-170524.webp

A calculated risk and gamble for a luxury player that didn't work out, but he still gave us some joy on the pitch. I come into this bias because I love watching footballers of his type, the Xabi Alonso and Thiagos of this world give me joy as a fan. But being as objective as possible, I will say we should not forget his performances that got us in the CL. Everyone understandably talks about the Alisson header against West Brom. Still, Thiago was holding the midfielder together in front of Phillips and Rhys Jones with some tenacious and disciplined performances with his usual quality on the ball. Without them, we probably wouldn't have made it, and that goes someway, to me at least, or reconciling the wages spent. Everyone contributed of course, but Alisson and Thiago were the quality we needed and probably got us an extra £50-60M or whatever of getting us in the CL. The rest of his time was largely a write off.

Last edited:
I read his leaving note and the one thought the hit me was… clearly the fucker hasn’t spent his quite copious amounts of downtime reading comments about himself on this forum.

I don't think you can fault his attitude either, he's never come out and criticised us, or walked around the pitch like he owned the joint after stinking it out (like Keita often did). When he was good he was very good, too bad injuries hampered him from the get go, but I wish him well. Thanks for the memories Thiago, no need to really be pricks about it, is there?

I don't think you can fault his attitude either, he's never come out and criticised us, or walked around the pitch like he owned the joint after stinking it out (like Keita often did). When he was good he was very good, too bad injuries hampered him from the get go, but I wish him well. Thanks for the memories Thiago, no need to really be pricks about it, is there?

Fair point.
RIP Thiago.

EDIT - Although I thought signing Thiago was a mistake, no one can deny the talent and class this man had ... Just didn't work out with injuries, but he's class on and off the pitch.

Last edited:
Loved loved loved watching him play. He truly looked on another level to everyone else, like a football cheat code. Shame injuries fucked him and the cheats robbed him of a quad that would have given legendary status with us.

Hopefully on the last day we can have a cameo of Thiago and Joel vs Wolves...
Many thanks and I wish them both only the best..
As with Jurgen YNWA lads

I'm still being a prick about Litmanen so I've got decades of being a prick about this prick left.

Back
Top Bottom