• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tickets v Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

localny

Well-Known
Lads, I'm taking my 11 year old son all the way from Texas to see his first ever PL game versus Bournemouth on August 19 at Anfield. I don't get excited about much, but I'm really looking forward to this. And I have a confession. Don't think too badly of me. After 44 years of supporting the club, it's my first trip to Anfield (I know, I know). For some reason it was never an option growing up in the 80s, and then I moved to the states at 22..

I'm on the hunt for tickets. Any recommends, thoughts, suggestions on how to get, I would appreciate guidance. What's the best part of the ground for a sweet innocent, Mo Salah-loving 11 year old kiddo. Just typing this, it's a long time since I've been this excited about something.

Thanks chaps.

Last edited:
The fans registration for the ballot had to be done by 7th I think, hear they will delay the actual balot results due this month till next month in time for the new stand to be completed based on the email I got yesterday.
If you can, I would just buy the hospitality and take the experience abd guaranteed tickets.

We've apparently asked Bournemouth if we can switch fixtures as we're not sure anfield will be ready in time.
Went to Anfield on Sunday just to have a look from the outside, still so much timber/poles/railings/tilings round the back where the players' entrance is & you can see through the windows of the stand pallets and pallets of fuck knows what else stacked up so if they are to have it ready for that Bournemouth date....they've leaving it late.

The fans registration for the ballot had to be done by 7th I think, hear they will delay the actual balot results due this month till next month in time for the new stand to be completed based on the email I got yesterday.
If you can, I would just buy the hospitality and take the experience abd guaranteed tickets.
Yea, I took from the email that they aren't certain when the Annie Road end is going to be ready and therefore how many tickets they can dish out per game.
@localny Would you consider going to a lesser game like a league cup game or a Europa League match?
Tickets should be a little bit easier to come by for those, although matches will still sell out.

The delay might not be due to a concern that the Annie Road will be finished, more the exact final specs. The contractors will usually work to a slightly lower seat count and then find ways of puttering by some extra seats in here and there, possibly losing others due to unforeseen issues with sight lines.
The club will have to wait until the last minute to get a safety certificate from the local authority and it's possible that at that stage the council will tell the club that some seats can't be used for various reasons, usually crowd control / emergency evacuation procedures. They'll probably also need to do a test event as part of that process.
The club probably doesn't want to sell the seats until that's all done.
I suspect the risk that the stand won't be ready in time is pretty low - the contractors will just throw loads of labour at it if needed as they'll probably be facing significant penalties if it isn't finished on time.

Lads, I'm taking my 11 year old son all the way from Texas to see his first ever PL game versus Bournemouth on August 19 at Anfield. I don't get excited about much, but I'm really looking forward to this. And I have a confession. Don't think too badly of me. After 44 years of supporting the club, it's my first trip to Anfield (I know, I know). For some reason it was never an option growing up in the 80s, and then I moved to the states at 22..

I'm on the hunt for tickets. Any recommends, thoughts, suggestions on how to get, I would appreciate guidance. What's the best part of the ground for a sweet innocent, Mo Salah-loving 11 year old kiddo. Just typing this, it's a long time since I've been this excited about something.

Thanks chaps.

I went to the Bournemouth game last year and paid for a hospo ticket.

It guarantees you in - but it is costly.

If you want to be certain - do it, and do it sooner rather than later because the cheaper packages go quickly and you end up having to buy a more expensive package.

I’d also check if the team still use the Titanic hotel to stay in pre-game. Expensive hotel (but also lovely) and as good a chance of seeing the team up close as you’ll get if you hang around until they leave for the game.

Thanks Lads, for the good words. All packages seem to be gone, even the ones with the button still live. I keep getting errors. We're just in till the 21st so no dice there on a later game alas. I see a lot of tickets for sale on Stub Hub and other places. Are those dodgy, usually, or is there a risk factor?

The ballot hasn’t allocated tickets yet so i would expect to know about spares after that happens (31st August they get announced).

Whilst you’re working the tickets out I’d recommend a stadium tour if it fits in. Might be better after the match as seeing the pitch when crowds are building at that age (and at yours!) is still magical.

Let us know if you want any advice on where to venture around the morning of the match from us other day trippers (not sure how well you know the city). It’s changed immeasurably in the past decade.

Oh. And you must get a pint in the Merseyside Brewing Company Taproom which is near Lime Street Station.

The ballot hasn’t allocated tickets yet so i would expect to know about spares after that happens (31st August they get announced).

Whilst you’re working the tickets out I’d recommend a stadium tour if it fits in. Might be better after the match as seeing the pitch when crowds are building at that age (and at yours!) is still magical.

Let us know if you want any advice on where to venture around the morning of the match from us other day trippers (not sure how well you know the city). It’s changed immeasurably in the past decade.

Oh. And you must get a pint in the Merseyside Brewing Company Taproom which is near Lime Street Station.

thanks Brizzle!

I'll actually be here in the UK for the Chelsea opener. My mate offered me a ticket ... in the Shed end ! Turning that down I looked for hospitality tickets : from £240 it said, click on the Liverpool game and ... £600 ! Plus VAT !!

I'll actually be here in the UK for the Chelsea opener. My mate offered me a ticket ... in the Shed end ! Turning that down I looked for hospitality tickets : from £240 it said, click on the Liverpool game and ... £600 ! Plus VAT !!

Todd’s got to find a way of covering the £100m he’s paying for Caicedo somehow.

Very cool, hope you and the kid have a good time. Woland doing gods work.

I haven't been to Anfield in ages, will have to get my ass back this season.

I’m saying a prayer to the ballot gods. A solo day trip up to watch a match is great for recharging the soul.

The day has come lads! My first game at Anfield after supporting the club for 44 years and my son too at 11. We hit an Ajax match last Saturday night and it was a terrific atmosphere. 4-1 in the end.

Any recommends on the best Indian restaurants? Any suggestions on things to do with an 11 year old appreciated! Staying not too far from Lime St Station (10 minute walk!). Can’t believe it

Last edited:
There's Nepalese food in the bar. Dead good selection and fucking delicious but kinda tapassy. Sadheko is the winner, even if the dudes there say the momos are the signature dish. Tix are in the bar now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom