• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Poll Torres, Salah, Suarez - Pick 1

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who's your choice?

• Torres

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Salah

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Suarez

Votes: 34 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused , Salah has the best Goals per Game ratio of any prem era LFC forward doesn't he ? In a which goal scorer would you rather have debate that has to be the decider

He's also supremely talented, he's lacking some of the Suarez technique for sure but I'd not swap the two (pomp for pomp) it has to be Mo.

Torres, Suarez and Kuyt partnership could have prolonged Torres' career and yielded more silverware for us, i think. Suarez and Kuyt worked hard enough that they could very easily carry a Torres who ran less and retained his confidence whilst evolving his game. But we just wanted the money more at the stage when we sold Torres.....

Torres, Suarez and Kuyt partnership could have prolonged Torres' career and yielded more silverware for us, i think. Suarez and Kuyt worked hard enough that they could very easily carry a Torres who ran less and retained his confidence whilst evolving his game. But we just wanted the money more at the stage when we sold Torres.....
And dumped 70% of that money on Carroll 😢

I'm confused , Salah has the best Goals per Game ratio of any prem era LFC forward doesn't he ? In a which goal scorer would you rather have debate that has to be the decider

He's also supremely talented, he's lacking some of the Suarez technique for sure but I'd not swap the two (pomp for pomp) it has to be Mo.

This isn't simply a "which goalscorer would you rather have" debate though. If you're putting a squad together then yes, it would be the Egyptian King. If on the other hand you're looking at them as individuals and asking which one had the most impressive skillset, then on your own admission Suarez wins for sheer technique.

Both he and Mo Salah, brilliant as they both are/were, played in teams ideally set up for them. Suarez never had that luxury and was still incredible.

That word "audacious" is the key here IMO. As someone who didn't want Salah to start with, I've been absolutely delighted to keep eating my words ever since, but Suarez on his day could and did score goals that even the Egyptian King wouldn't find in his locker. As everyone on here knows, I've been a Red from Shanks' time onwards so I've seen all the great Liverpool players of the modern era, and I have zero hesitation in naming Suarez as the most outrageously talented of them all.
My memories date back to the late 70s and totally agree, Suarez is the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for Liverpool. He is a dislikable footballer on the pitch but a Suarez in his prime would have been so suited to klopp's style of play I feel as he use to harry defenders himself anyway

Salah. Clearly. He contributes to a winning team and has the best stats to underpin that. Suarez, top player, maybe our most talented ever but won fuck all and was a cunt. Torres great striker no real impact though on the history of the club. No brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom