• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Poll Torres, Salah, Suarez - Pick 1

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who's your choice?

• Torres

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Salah

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Suarez

Votes: 34 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah is the only one that has a legitimate shout at being the best player in the world. Torres was never in that bracket even in his prime and Suarez might have been if he hadn't gone to play understudy to Messi and Neymar.

I'm still believing that Suarez was bought as Torres partner.
I remember at the time I just couldn't wait to see them play together, I was sure we'd win the league with those two up top. And then Torres left. Pity.

Salah is the only one that has a legitimate shout at being the best player in the world. Torres was never in that bracket even in his prime and Suarez might have been if he hadn't gone to play understudy to Messi and Neymar.

Suarez (particularly playing for us) was never going to be in the running for best player in the world when up against Messi and Ronaldo at their peak. Neither would Salah.

Neymar let it get to him and he ruined his career (and Barca along with it).

I voted Suarez based on what he did in a far less capable team and what he went on to do with Barca.

If you're looking purely at accomplishments, it's Mo all day every day. But I think Suarez could have done even more if he were in this side. But it's close.

Assuming all are in their prime, for me it depends on whether you're picking a player to stick around for a number of years or not. If you are, I'd pick Salah as his numbers are insanely good. If on the other hand I were selecting a player to play a one-off game tomorrow to save my life, it would have to be Suarez, the single most gifted individual I've seen in a Liverpool shirt in 60 years.

Assuming all are in their prime, for me it depends on whether you're picking a player to stick around for a number of years or not. If you are, I'd pick Salah as his numbers are insanely good. If on the other hand I were selecting a player to play a one-off game tomorrow to save my life, it would have to be Suarez, the single most gifted individual I've seen in a Liverpool shirt in 60 years.

That's about fair enough.

I'm grateful we had all 3.

Here's the thing though - even at their peak, Torres would be out injured half the time and Suarez would do something fucking stupid to get himself banned. So the correct answer is Salah.

I think @Judge Jules nails this. In a one off game, in his prime, Suarez tops it. The thing about Suarez is that he was always horrible to play against, he would do anything to win, from next level shithousery to absolutely sublime skill, and always with 100% effort. He's like combining Richarlson with Torres. Salah has an extraordinary scoring record, and despite grumblings to the contrary at times, works his arse off for the team, but there are games when he's not firing where his opposite number hasn't had as hard a day as he should have had. Suarez was always a fucking nightmare to play against I'd say.

I don't know if it's a recency bias because he's marked a lot more now than he was initially; but Mo's first season was just as cutthroat and exciting as Suarez. Difference primarily was Suarez was more audacious with his goals.

Salah was an absolute revelation when he came.

That word "audacious" is the key here IMO. As someone who didn't want Salah to start with, I've been absolutely delighted to keep eating my words ever since, but Suarez on his day could and did score goals that even the Egyptian King wouldn't find in his locker. As everyone on here knows, I've been a Red from Shanks' time onwards so I've seen all the great Liverpool players of the modern era, and I have zero hesitation in naming Suarez as the most outrageously talented of them all.

I mentioned this in another post, Mo Salah not scoring, has made him far more of a team player. The link up play he has with Mane is now exceptional, which makes our attack far more dangerous. Let's hope it yields more silverware.

Watching that pep lijnders video, how they've been focused on training the counter press since day one, closing down space, winning the ball back not just to have it but to then score - Suarez was doing all that with a bunch of dickheads in charge. He didn't need telling to press like mad, steal the ball and score, he was born with it. He'd have been a beast in this side.

But Salah scores the odd goal that no-one else could too. That one against city at anfield earlier this season. They're both brilliant players.

That word "audacious" is the key here IMO. As someone who didn't want Salah to start with, I've been absolutely delighted to keep eating my words ever since, but Suarez on his day could and did score goals that even the Egyptian King wouldn't find in his locker. As everyone on here knows, I've been a Red from Shanks' time onwards so I've seen all the great Liverpool players of the modern era, and I have zero hesitation in naming Suarez as the most outrageously talented of them all.

Highest praise of all from JJ

"He is the messiah, I should know..."

I voted Suarez based on what he did in a far less capable team and what he went on to do with Barca.

If you're looking purely at accomplishments, it's Mo all day every day. But I think Suarez could have done even more if he were in this side. But it's close.

Why do Suarez performances for Barca have anything to do with it.Nobody would suggest Thiago was our best ever midfielder because of what he did at Bayern and Barca.

I wouldn’t use the word ‘sublime’ for Salah like how I’d use for Suarez.

Most of the things Suarez did was a piss take on the game itself. He made you want to throw your tactical playbook away and just sit back, enjoy and applaud the genius and his showmanship.

Why do Suarez performances for Barca have anything to do with it.Nobody would suggest Thiago was our best ever midfielder because of what he did at Bayern and Barca.

Because that shows what he's capable of when surrounded with a better team. What he did with us was brilliant and with far less support.

And the original question stipulated "in their prime". Hard to say he wasn't in his prime for Barca, whereas the other two have clearly had their prime with us.

One of the biggest shame and regret was never having the chance of seeing a prime Suarez go up against Harry Maguire. It would be absolutely hilarious.

One of the biggest shame and regret was never having the chance of seeing a prime Suarez go up against Harry Maguire. It would be absolutely hilarious.

To be fair, there’s a long list of Liverpool strikes I’d have loved to have seen up against Maguire in their prime.

That list is probably long enough to include Balotelli and Sean Dundee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom