• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref was brilliant today
Especially not giving that pen just now.
Which it deffo was haha

He was very good. And could have given a late penalty, but he would not have called a penalty in minute 5 for that and correct to not do so in the 95th.

Seriously, a very well refereed game - few cards but always in quiet control.

So many things to nitpick in this performance, but the fact remains that we've just beaten Spurs away and are 5 out of 5.

Does anyone pronounce Liverbird Live er bird?

That was weird from the commentary.

Fuck me, what a statement that is even if Spurs squad was depleted.

You know what almost cost us?
Salah and Mané's greed.
Klopp needs to have a sit down with them. Do we have a common goal or are we looking for individual awards?

He was very good. And could have given a late penalty, but he would not have called a penalty in minute 5 for that and correct to not do so in the 95th.

Seriously, a very well refereed game - few cards but always in quiet control.
I dont know what you mean. It was clearly a pen and we got away with it. He kicked Sons foot.
Any time of the game you cant moan if thats given.

Watch them moan that it wasnt even though we could have won about 7-0

Hahaha. Yep.

Reading this thread you'd think we were being battered when we probably should have won by 5 or 6.
I think it's because we're not playing as good as we know we can. The frustration of watching a Ferrari in second gear I think

I think it's because we're not playing as good as we know we can. The frustration of watching a Ferrari in second gear I think
But EVERYONE is playing shit/within themselves. They just aren't all winning.

If we never kick on & start playing well I'll start panicking, but there's a few games yet before I expect us to start playing anywhere near our best & same for everyone else.

Thats what makes it so great. We arent even playing that well and winning.

Yup, today was pretty much a continuation of what we've seen so far. We've played well in patches but on the whole look well below what we've come to expect from this side.

We're getting away with at the moment, which is great, but there will come a point (and it'll be very soon) where we won't. Hopefully we can get our shit together properly before that happens.

They should have had a pen at the end there. But we should have also won that match 7-2.

Spurs got 2 soft ones against us last year at Anfield too. Karma.

I dont know what you mean. It was clearly a pen and we got away with it. He kicked Sons foot.
Any time of the game you cant moan if thats given.

Watch them moan that it wasnt even though we could have won about 7-0

It was a tap on the foot. I think 50/50 at best at any part of game. Would have been easy for ref to go for the big drama, but made appropriate call.

But EVERYONE is playing shit/within themselves. They just aren't all winning.

If we never kick on & start playing well I'll start panicking, but there's a few games yet before I expect us to start playing anywhere near our best & same for everyone else.
What are you moaning about Jon?
We all agree things arent right and we arent playing perfect, why are you moaning about people moaning about that?

It was a tap on the foot. I think 50/50 at best at any part of game. Would have been easy for ref to go for the big drama, but made appropriate call.
Fucking behave. He kicked his standing foot.
Hahahaha its alright to admit it should have been a pen mate, doesnt make you less of a fan.

Thats what makes it so great. We arent even playing that well and winning.

I don’t anyone would have expected 5/5 without Fabhino, Salah playing shite and Lovren and Matip not starting a game.

Amazing start really.

We're only the third team to beat spurs here. And we did it playong relatively poorly whilst controlling almost everything for the majority of the match.

I'm more than happy with that.

Not happy with not winning three nil when we easily could have though. Would have won me £230. Bastards.

Yup, today was pretty much a continuation of what we've seen so far. We've played well in patches but on the whole look well below what we've come to expect from this side.

We're getting away with at the moment, which is great, but there will come a point (and it'll be very soon) where we won't. Hopefully we can get our shit together properly before that happens.
When we say "we're" not playing well.. it's largely the front 3 isn't it?

There seems to be far too much greed between Mane and Salah. As if they're competing for the golden boot between them.

Firmino has looked unfit, but today looked a lot sharper.

When the front 3 click, we'll be much better for it in all areas and it will take pressure off the defence.

Fucking behave. He kicked his standing foot.
Hahahaha its alright to admit it should have been a pen mate, doesnt make you less of a fan.
My new yardstick is when watching the replay to think whether VAR would have given it. They would, so it was a pen.

We're only the third team to beat spurs here. And we did it playong relatively poorly whilst controlling almost everything for the majority of the match.

I'm more than happy with that.

Not happy with not winning three nil when we easily could have though. Would have won me £230. Bastards.
Stop moaning man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom