• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat 10 days ago you were talking about this game showing us up and if we won it you would start to believe.

We won it lad. We DOMINATED 90 minutes and could have scored 10.

Hence I’ve said it’s huge and I’m
Loving it.
The flip side is Spurs were missing players but they are one of the best sides in the league so it’s a huge statement.

Klopps first win at Wembley too.

Next 4 weeks is massive but right now I’m on cloud 9.

Hence I’ve said it’s huge and I’m
Loving it.
The flip side is Spurs were missing players but they are one of the best sides in the league so it’s a huge statement.

Klopps first win at Wembley too.

Next 4 weeks is massive but right now I’m on cloud 9.
Your arguments are so weird. Youve just contended to Brendan that we are missing Fabinho, Lovren and Matip but now we won because Spurs are missing players.
I just do not get you.

Anyway.

Also some people need to ease up on Keita, new country, new team, learning English and has been an important reason why we have won 5/5 games....

I think he's doing great considering the role he has... He's doesn't have the same but role as he did at RBL, people want him to act like Gerrard already, fill the Coutinho gap, he's been solid but not spectacular... But already he's miles better than Emre "I'm now earning 200k a week and threading through balls to Ronaldo" Can.
I thought he was excellent today, not as spectacular as he's capable of but he's popping up in the box and will start scoring soon. He rarely loses possession and his passing is excellent, his little dinks and passes with Robbo and Mane often got us onto the front foot. Did a good job winning the ball back too.

Salah needs a rest. Bring on the Shaq. Each time I see him warm up on the line he's like a ninja turtle raring to kick some arse.

Sent from my iPhone XS Plus using Tapatalk
Yeah I feel sorry for him. Klopp seems to be giving Salah a lot of love whereas he could easily have given Shaq 10 or 15 mins here and there.

I’m so used to us fucking up good things that my nerves just can’t respond yet to the possibility that we might be a different kind of team now.

But looking back at that game, we were the better team and didn’t look like we were trying that hard.
We didn’t have a single player or two carrying us like some of our teams have had over the last 25 years. We didn’t get any mad worldies. We didn’t run around like mad bastards and blitz them for a few short successful spells, then hold on for the rest. We didn’t park the bus and hold on after we scored. We just seemed to play our normal game, maybe a little below par up front, and still looked better than them.

Do we just have better players all over than for a long time or what?

Again Klopp goes all defensive when we were controlling and looking more and more likely to add a third (even with Firmino off and Keita as #10), first with Hendo and then Matip .... and it nearly cost us as we ceded control of the midfield. Had Studge come on for Firmino we could have retained our formation.

In the end with no Robertson in the LB position (WTF was he doing in the RB position) it was easy for Lamela, however if TAA had still been on the pitch he'd have been in the RB slot and Robbo where he should have been at LB. And that goal led to all the, what should have been, unnecessary pressure for the last 5 mins (and it should have been a penalty too).

We should have won by 3 or 4, however the forwards' finishing and decision making was really shite again today - they need to start scoring a few to help them relax and start making the decisions that helped us to so many goals last season.
Yep we looked dangerous when we had 442 set-up before Sturridge came on to show us how much he has been working on his Italian league audition exercises

Your arguments are so weird. Youve just contended to Brendan that we are missing Fabinho, Lovren and Matip but now we won because Spurs are missing players.
I just do not get you.

Anyway.

Ha not at all. Just pointing out they weren’t at full strength. The other point was that if you told me the start of the season none of those would start a game and Salah would be rubbish I wouldn’t have expected 5 wins. That’s all.
Anyway we’ve flogged this to death

You know what almost cost us?
Salah and Mané's greed.
Klopp needs to have a sit down with them. Do we have a common goal or are we looking for individual awards?

It’s a worrying trend. Though positive in they still have the confidence to take the shot on

Bit of a myth actually. They have pretty good cover in almost every position bar Kane's.
I don't think they do. The players they have to bring all represent a significant step down in quality, much more so than I think we do when we have to replace players.

Fucking behave. He kicked his standing foot.
Hahahaha its alright to admit it should have been a pen mate, doesnt make you less of a fan.

I’ll concede. Seen replay a couple more times. Would have been called by VAR for certain.

I’ll still claim that Oliver had a superb game (even without the red-tinted glasses). I wish more referees were of his quality.

What we are missing from our midfield is Fabinho... He is more of a physical presence and he would have been a rock because of his height, technique and aggression. Gini, Milner and Hendo are great but they don't have that ability to lock down a midfield the way Fabinho probably might be able to.

I know it sound silly to day this considering we have won 5/5 but that isn't enough to describe the way we have managed games. I don't feel we have got to grips with managing a have really well like the way City can for example. I really do feel once Fabinho gets in the team he will provide some measured control that we send me seen to still lack in central midfield.

Also I'd it me or does Trent struggle sometimes on the right back. Granted he was up against a high quality Spurs team but I felt we were shaky on the right side and Gomez had to help out once or twice.

If anything why doesn't Klopp use Trent as the Ox replacement, he would be perfect. His aggression as a defender married with his natural attacking technique could give better balance to that midfied. Right back could then either be Fabinho or Clyne. People are picking on the front three but I feel its because there isn't much synergy between the midfield and attack. Trent as in the Ox role would solve that, what do you guys think?

Fabinho/Gini - Keita - Trent

Last edited:
I’ll concede. Seen replay a couple more times. Would have been called by VAR for certain.

I’ll still claim that Oliver had a superb game (even without the red-tinted glasses). I wish more referees were of his quality.
He was brilliant. You cant blame him for missing that. No other spurs complained only Son.
He let the game flow brilliantly. I thought it was one of the best reffing performances ive seen.

Ha not at all. Just pointing out they weren’t at full strength. The other point was that if you told me the start of the season none of those would start a game and Salah would be rubbish I wouldn’t have expected 5 wins. That’s all.
Anyway we’ve flogged this to death

We are at full strength. The only *possible* alternative would be Fabinho in midfield. The rest is quite obviously our best first XI

I’m so used to us fucking up good things that my nerves just can’t respond yet to the possibility that we might be a different kind of team now.

But looking back at that game, we were the better team and didn’t look like we were trying that hard.
We didn’t have a single player or two carrying us like some of our teams have had over the last 25 years. We didn’t get any mad worldies. We didn’t run around like mad bastards and blitz them for a few short successful spells, then hold on for the rest. We didn’t park the bus and hold on after we scored. We just seemed to play our normal game, maybe a little below par up front, and still looked better than them.

Do we just have better players all over than for a long time or what?

Ha, that's where I'm at pretty much. Can't work us out at the moment.

He was brilliant. You cant blame him for missing that. No other spurs complained only Son.
He let the game flow brilliantly. I thought it was one of the best reffing performances ive seen.

Agreed. And, really hard to “let the game flow” and still be in control, which he was. Should be used as a training tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom