• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we say "we're" not playing well.. it's largely the front 3 isn't it?

There seems to be far too much greed between Mane and Salah. As if they're competing for the golden boot between them.

Firmino has looked unfit, but today looked a lot sharper.

When the front 3 click, we'll be much better for it in all areas and it will take pressure off the defence.
When strikers are struggling for form & fitness they're always greedy.

Yes, it's annoying as fuck, but it's nothing new at all.

They'll come good, I'm not worried in the slightest.

100% a pen.

Fuck me, finishing aside we’ve battered Spurs at their own ground.

Amazing.

Absolutely loved Milners tackle at the end. Superb.

Wish we had him from 16.

5 games, 5 wins, 2 goals conceded.

All while playing shite for a large parts.

Virgil best defender in the world. I’m totally in love.

He’s the perfect defender.

Largely, yeah. But we're pretty much set up for those guys, so it has a bigger impact. We've got decent midfielders but they're facilitators more than anything

The good thing is that we're still creating opportunities and looking dangerous so you'd like to think it's just a case of gaining sharpness and knocking the greedy selfish shit on the head.

There seems to be far too much greed between Mane and Salah. As if they're competing for the golden boot between them.

Firmino has looked unfit, but today looked a lot sharper.

When the front 3 click, we'll be much better for it in all areas and it will take pressure off the defence.

CM hasn’t been great either.

Each is working hard especially Milner and Gini but as a collective not great going forward or controlling a game.

Back 5 have been sensational

I don’t anyone would have expected 5/5 without Fabhino, Salah playing shite and Lovren and Matip not starting a game.

Amazing start really.

What are you on about? Matip and Lovren not starting games is why we've won 5 on the trot, and nobody has any clue what Fabinho would have added, because he hasn't been good enough to start yet for whatever reason.

Salah was fucking shite though

CM hasn’t been great either.

Each is working hard especially Milner and Gini but as a collective not great going forward or controlling a game.

Back 5 have been sensational
Milner and Gini have been fucking BRILLIANT so far this season.

That's a brilliant win away to a very strong opposition (though they lacked a couple of key men).
That was very professional. We were in full control, and two chances apart (Moura and Lamela) and the late goal, we never looked threatened.
I thought our midfield three were great, and we had several chances to finish this game with a big score.
Gini, Gomez, VvD and Milner were outstanding, while the two fullbacks also had a good game.
And all that with our fab front three not at the top of their game.

Very happy.

Last edited:
Again Klopp goes all defensive when we were controlling and looking more and more likely to add a third (even with Firmino off and Keita as #10), first with Hendo and then Matip .... and it nearly cost us as we ceded control of the midfield. Had Studge come on for Firmino we could have retained our formation.

In the end with no Robertson in the LB position (WTF was he doing in the RB position) it was easy for Lamela, however if TAA had still been on the pitch he'd have been in the RB slot and Robbo where he should have been at LB. And that goal led to all the, what should have been, unnecessary pressure for the last 5 mins (and it should have been a penalty too).

We should have won by 3 or 4, however the forwards' finishing and decision making was really shite again today - they need to start scoring a few to help them relax and start making the decisions that helped us to so many goals last season.

Last edited:
Well certainly not you Pat. You had us relegated and Spurs top right now I think
Ha actually I had us top but would struggle second half of the season as we have fuck all depth in key areas and We’ll be balls deep in the CL later stages. Spurs will sneak up the ladder with nothing else to play for.

But today was a massive massive win.

What are you on about? Matip and Lovren not starting games is why we've won 5 on the trot, and nobody has any clue what Fabinho would have added, because he hasn't been good enough to start yet for whatever reason.

Hes scrabbling around for any argument to justify his pre-season doom mongering.
Palace, Leicester and Spurs away all dealt with comfortably.

Were moaning about not scoring 7 a game here lets get it in perspective, we havnt been sensational, but weve been plenty good enough, and the best team in all 5 games so far.

Ha actually I had us top but would struggle second half of the season as we have fuck all depth in key areas and We’ll be balls deep in the CL later stages. Spurs will sneak up the ladder with nothing else to play for.

Erm no you fucking didnt. You 100% had spurs ahead of us.

My point was before the season started we would have expected those to play so to have gone 5/5 with a different set up has been a shock. A welcome one but a shock all the same

Spurs have a thin squad & have thrown all their players straight back in after 10 of them were still involved in the last week of the WC.

Come February/March they'll be fucked either through injury or fatigue. Especially Kane.

Hes scrabbling around for any argument to justify his pre-season doom mongering.
Palace, Leicester and Spurs away all dealt with comfortably.

Were moaning about not scoring 7 a game here lets get it in perspective, we havnt been sensational, but weve been plenty good enough, and the best team in all 5 games so far.

Ha ha. I said we don’t have enough depth to win the league and I gusss we’ll see in May.

I predicted we’d win the CL and a domestic cup, and come 3rd, hardly doom mongering.

But EVERYONE is playing shit/within themselves. They just aren't all winning.

If we never kick on & start playing well I'll start panicking, but there's a few games yet before I expect us to start playing anywhere near our best & same for everyone else.
We just need to do it in one or two games and Salah & Mane will get their mojo back and we'll be off and running.

Strange but I thought we were were more dangerous before just before Sturridge came on and we had just Mane and Salah upfront....

Also some people need to ease up on Keita, new country, new team, learning English and has been an important reason why we have won 5/5 games....

I think he's doing great considering the role he has... He's doesn't have the same but role as he did at RBL, people want him to act like Gerrard already, fill the Coutinho gap, he's been solid but not spectacular... But already he's miles better than Emre "I'm now earning 200k a week and threading through balls to Ronaldo" Can.

Salah needs a rest. Bring on the Shaq. Each time I see him warm up on the line he's like a ninja turtle raring to kick some arse.

Sent from my iPhone XS Plus using Tapatalk

Souness needs an eye test, mistaken Vvd for Gomez and Vvd for Sturridge in the last couple of minutes

Ha ha. I said we don’t have enough depth to win the league and I gusss we’ll see in May.

I predicted we’d win the CL and a domestic cup, and come 3rd, hardly doom mongering.
Pat 10 days ago you were talking about this game showing us up and if we won it you would start to believe.

We won it lad. We DOMINATED 90 minutes and could have scored 10.

Erm no you fucking didnt. You 100% had spurs ahead of us.

Yes at the end of the season and I was very clear that it will be the 2nd half of the season that will break our squad.

Anyway fuck it, we won again and I’m delighted so who cares.

You predicted Gomez would never make it and was a shite footballer.

Who cares? We are top and can sit and watch every one else again,

Salah needs a rest. Bring on the Shaq. Each time I see him warm up on the line he's like a ninja turtle raring to kick some arse.

Sent from my iPhone XS Plus using Tapatalk
He needs dropping. Not a rest.
Hes been shite so far this year. Gready, slow and clumsy.

Spurs have a thin squad & have thrown all their players straight back in after 10 of them were still involved in the last week of the WC.

Come February/March they'll be fucked either through injury or fatigue. Especially Kane.
Bit of a myth actually. They have pretty good cover in almost every position bar Kane's.

Salah has been shite...constantly lost the ball in the first half and his shots at goal seem half arsed. Also Klopp needs to have a good talk to both Mane and Salah regarding passing to each other...they seem to be too involved in their own competion for goals .... we will not win shit if they continue to make those decisions. Klopp should maybe just say..look when there is a 3 goal difference then you can afford to be selfish...but before the ALWAYS pass to the one in the better position. Terrible end to the game despite the win..that Lamela cunt is tricky and trust me he knows how to fuck around in VVDs head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom