• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern (potentially) spending 160m Euros on Pepe and Hernandez is wild. That's a lot of money for those 2. Pepe in particular is a huge gamble.

If you look at the top European sides we're in an enviable position.

I'd argue that we easily have the best team that doesn't need overhauling or have key players who are close to the end of their career at that highest level, if we can keep them for the next couple of years then the sky's the limit.

As for this summer, I suspect we'll be offering VVD astronomical amounts of cash to sign a new longer contract, more as a signal of intent than anything else, & we'll sign maybe one player who will effect the first team, anything else will be shifting players out & maybe buying a young player or two who could compete for the first team at some point.

I'd argue that we easily have the best team that doesn't need overhauling or have key players who are close to the end of their career at that highest level, if we can keep them for the next couple of years then the sky's the limit.

As for this summer, I suspect we'll be offering VVD astronomical amounts of cash to sign a new longer contract, more as a signal of intent than anything else, & we'll sign maybe one player who will effect the first team, anything else will be shifting players out & maybe buying a young player or two who could compete for the first team at some point.

I agree with this. Our main issue this season has not been the first 11 it has been squad depth. We need good cover for both full back positions, and up front in particular.

I reckon Brewster will definitely be on the bench from next season, and may be Harry Wilson, but I fully expect there to be a lot of people on high salaries leaving the club (Lovren & Sturridge) and some back up coming in. There's talk of Chilwell but I doubt he'd come to be Robertson's back up. If we are going to spend big on one player I think it will be a striker.

De Ligt would be brilliant, but I think Klopp is happy with Gomez, just hope he stays fit.

We need a squad. All we have is a first 11. We’ve been incredibly lucky with injuries to our front 3. We need 3/4 top players not 1.

60m I'd be tempted. We sorely lack a creative driving player from midfield.

Yes, keita and ox can do that, but so far neither of them can be relied upon too much

One of our goal scoring issues is no one scores from outside the box (TAA from FKs side). Dybala perhaps if those rumours turn out to have any substance. Coutinho is excellent in that regard and offers an alternative method to breaking teams down.

Coutinho will end up at PSG probably.

I’d be wary of taking him back - but doesn’t mean I wouldn’t.

We definitely need more creativity in midfield.

I’d be tempted.
He knows how to play that killer pass in the final third, something we’ve lacked from our midfield.

I think Coutinho gives us the same problem as Shaq if he plays in center mid and I don't think he's as good out wide as Mane.

Obviously yes because it'd be good to have a top player in the squad but if Klopp hadn't inherited him would he actually be looking to sign him? Does he really suit us?

Last edited:
Didn’t Pearce report it’s a no go because he cannot handle the physical demands of our style? He just doesn’t have the pace or stamina to compete with Klopp’s systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom