• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I am not saying we should defo buy this lad, but I would still like to know your take on a player with these rather unique goal-scoring abilities from set-pieces.

Name: Robert Skov
Nationality: LOL
Position: RW

A bit more than half way into the season he's scored 22 goals with 7 goals coming from direct free-kicks. Then add the other 5-6 from outside the area and you've got a real weapon on your hand from distance. He's 6-7 goals from the all-time scoring record in the Danish League (held by Ebbe Sand) and as a winger that's something I guess.

My immediate concerns should we be in for him is his physique/stature. A player like David Silva is obv no biggie either but he's got perfect balance and is very agile whereas Skov is not in the same physical shape. And he's not got the same pace to burn either, not slow, but no sprinter.

I know Spurs are being mentioned as a possible destination but would you ever consider a player with the above mentioned profile? I mean is the luring number of potential goals from setpiece enough to cover the minor cracks in his overall ability otherwise? I am on the fence here..

PS I can add that he's also hit the bar on like +10 occasions too, and it feels like it's a 50/50 scoring opp everytime he steps up to hit a free-kick.

Worth a look perhaps, esp.considering the importance of goalscoring wide forwards in Klopp's preferred system.

The only thing that worries me is that he's Danish and you're not saying "Sign sign sign". ;)

Worth a look perhaps, esp.considering the importance of goalscoring wide forwards in Klopp's preferred system.

The only thing that worries me is that he's Danish and you're not saying "Sign sign sign". ;)
Ha ha I am not blaming you for feeling that way mate. I really do try my best to only shout SIGN SIGN SIGN when I believe there's +50% chance of the said player becoming world class. I.e. Dolberg, Andreas Christensen, Bruun Larsen.

I am certainly not in the world class bracket yet with Robert Skov but he does puzzle me quite a bit. Mainly because of his insane amount of goals from outside the penalty area and from direct free kicks. Would be slightly surprised if Spurs where in him at this stage, as he does strike me as a player that would thrive from a few years at Ajax before a potential larger move.

Ha ha I am not blaming you for feeling that way mate. I really do try my best to only shout SIGN SIGN SIGN when I believe there's +50% chance of the said player becoming world class. I.e. Dolberg, Andreas Christensen, Bruun Larsen.

I am certainly not in the world class bracket yet with Robert Skov but he does puzzle me quite a bit. Mainly because of his insane amount of goals from outside the penalty area and from direct free kicks. Would be slightly surprised if Spurs where in him at this stage, as he does strike me as a player that would thrive from a few years at Ajax before a potential larger move.

Sounds like Hakan Canhaloglu with regard to the outside the box prowess.

Liverpool, Man City learn fee needed to seal transfer of prolific Frankfurt star

Date published: Thursday 14th March 2019 9:39

Eintracht Frankfurt are reported to have quoted Liverpool and Manchester City an asking price of £40m for in-form striker Luka Jovic.
The Serbian striker is enjoying the most prolific season of his career to date, having netted 21 times in 33 appearances so far this season.

That form has brought him to the attention of some of European football’s big hitters, with Real Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern Munich all reported to be sniffing around, while recent reports have suggested Barcelona are at the front of the queue for the forward.
However, it is both Liverpool and City who are reported to have the strongest interest in the player – and according to Metro – the Bundesliga side are willing to sell Jovic this summer.
The Serbian is on a two-year loan in Germany from Benfica but Frankfurt are looking to trigger the option to make the move a permanent one for a fee of just £5.3million.
But his ‘transfer’ to Frankfurt could be a short-lived one, with the Bundesliga side reported to have informed both Liverpool and City they would want £40million for the hitman if they follow up their initial interest with a firm enquiry this summer.
City are in the market for another striker to alleviate the pressure on Sergio Aguero, though Pep Guardiola’s priority this summer is to find midfield cover and competition for the ageing Fernandinho.
Liverpool, meanwhile, are in the market for a new top-level striker with Daniel Sturridge certain to move on. Timo Werner has been strongly mooted as a target for Jurgen Klopp, but interest in the RB Leipzig star is also far and wide and the Reds may find negotiations for Jovic far less complex.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liver...o-seal-transfer-of-prolific-frankfurt-striker

Last edited:
Rumour mill
Grujic is wanted by Besiktas (if true expect a low ball offer like £2m)
Klopp is supposedly interested in some guy called Federico Chiesa. looks like a hit and run merchant but not terribly fast. €80m is the asking price

Last edited:
Nick Pope is for sale, Arsenal said to be interested. The fee is likely to be £10m. From what I've seen of him he seems quite a decent keeper.

Nick Pope is for sale, Arsenal said to be interested. The fee is likely to be £10m. From what I've seen of him he seems quite a decent keeper.

I think he'd be a terrific second choice keeper. Question is whether he's happy to be behind Becker.

Monchi (the transfer maestro who left Sevilla to join AS Roma) has re-joined Sevilla after only a few years. This gave me a chuckle:

Hahaha, good old John Cross.
Such a fucking bell.

I remember the time he got excited when Arsenal put in that +£1 bid for Suarez and Heaton trolled the fuck out of him after it was knocked back.

I've seen Pepe play for Lille a few times but I've yet to be totally convinced in all honesty. 80 mill is quite insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom