• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there's little mention in here of Falcao. He was being mentioned again this morning.

Would it really be so impossible? I think reports were saying he wanted £200k a week. I think that's doable. And maybe a loan fee of £10-12m?

I think I would do that deal.
Fuck ..... that.....

If we're paying Falcao's wages there's no way we'd pay a loan fee too. Either big loan fee and tiny fraction of wages or wages and no fee.

I reckon there's a good chance we'll get this done.

If we're paying Falcao's wages there's no way we'd pay a loan fee too. Either big loan fee and tiny fraction of wages or wages and no fee.

I reckon there's a good chance we'll get this done.

Why would Monaco just give him to us for a season for free? They're not suddenly desperately short of money are they?

I thought the whole Monaco 'project' was going to shit, meaning they're marquee (and generally unhappy) players are up for grabs.

It'd also save them 10m on wages for someone who doesn't want to be there anyway - that's not to be sniffed at for anyone.

I thought the whole Monaco 'project' was going to shit, meaning they're marquee (and generally unhappy) players are up for grabs.

It'd also save them 10m on wages for someone who doesn't want to be there anyway - that's not to be sniffed at for anyone.

It's just not his market value, though. A season of Facao is worth a good £20m: half in wages and half in transfer fee. I'd be surprised if they don't ask for at least that, and someone pays it. He's worth it.

Falcao would be great but a 10M loan fee in itself is crazy before you even get onto the subject of his wages.

The only justification is trying to guarantee that we make top 4 and therefore the cost is offset by the hiked up CL revenues next year.

Getting him based on some idea that he could win us the title would be a bit naive.

Not as crazy when you think of the fee in context with his age and worth..If he's 27 and has three years of being a top level striker and should ordinarily command a transfer fee of £55m, that's just less than £20m per season. Add that to the fact that Monaco risk his value also dropping further by season end, that increases his value further.

A £10m fee would be peanuts if he won us the title.

Jamie Daltön ‏@JamieDalton82 4m
Berbatov preferred to Falcao again for Monaco tonight vs Bordeaux. Colombian on bench. Transfer conspiracists (?) Avanti!

£10m for a season of Falcao is really not that bad at all. It's not ideal but in our situation it's an outlay I would make. There's every chance he could be the difference between a successful season and a less successful season.

Not as crazy when you think of the fee in context with his age and worth..If he's 27 and has three years of being a top level striker and should ordinarily command a transfer fee of £55m, that's just less than £20m per season. Add that to the fact that Monaco risk his value also dropping further by season end, that increases his value further.

A £10m fee would be peanuts if he won us the title.

Absolutely, it would still be a sound investment if he helped us keep hold of a top 4 place, the money goes stupid for the CL next year and its obviously massively important to the club and us that we are in it.

What astounds me is not about our seemingly concrete interest in Falcao but learning Berbatov is playing for Monaco.

£10m for a season of Falcao is really not that bad at all. It's not ideal but in our situation it's an outlay I would make. There's every chance he could be the difference between a successful season and a less successful season.

Yup. I think Falcao can pretty much guarantee us top 4.

I just saw the videos on YouTube. Is there any chance we could hurry the fuck up and get this guy on loan or something before the meeting with City next week ?

Agreed and there would also be an option to buy after the loan at least according to earlier reports. It would be fairly risk free in case he hasn't recovered properly, doesn't adapt to premier league or whatever. This would be an excellent deal.

He's good, very good and we should do all we can to bring him here, whatever the cost.

We've got cash to burn and a limited market. This isn't a time to be moaning about cash, not with the CL earnings next year and our backup strikers consisting of Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini.

One bad injury to Sturridge and our season is over. I disagree with Rodgers - waiting until January to see what comes up then is just too risky.

He's good, very good and we should do all we can to bring him here, whatever the cost.

We've got cash to burn and a limited market. This isn't a time to be moaning about cash, not with the CL earnings next year and our backup strikers consisting of Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini.

One bad injury to Sturridge and our season is over. I disagree with Rodgers - waiting until January to see what comes up then is just too risky.
Well when you put it like that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom