• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent out

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't play another Premier league game for a few weeks anyway do we?

Bournemouth 21st of Jan and then Chelsea at home on the 31st. You'd think he will be back for the latter.
I'm not to worried about him missing Fulham x 2 and the 4th round of the FA cup.

OK can we drop this academy stuff?
These so called academy players are 20+ years old. They've graduated, they're not playing in the FA youth cup anymore.
Quansah, Bradley, Beck are listed with the first team.
They're basically the same age as Bellingham, it's time for them to prove themselves.
Bradley plays for the NI national team FFS.
i remember a comment somewhere regarding fa cup vs arsenal when bradley and clark replaced elliot and jones
somebody said (more or less) commentator said liverpool played the kids when actually 20 y.o bradley and 18 y.o clark replaced 20 y.o elliot and 22 y.o jones

i made a quick check on the players age (especially the ones mentioned here)
23 and below

szoboslai - 23 - senior
jones - 22 - senior
gravenberch - 21 - senior
beck - 21 - kid
quansah - 20 - senior (?)
elliot - 20 - senior
bradley - 20 - kid
chambers - 19 - kid
clark - 18 - kid

Don't want to hear no excuses then why we don't win anything this season.

Saying their the same age as Bellingham means nothing, Bellingham is proven on the World scene, he's played about 100 games more than the 3 combined. Bradley playing for his country means fuck all seeing as the whole NI set up is surrounding by mostly league 1 players.
I'm very close to banning you so think very carefully about your next words.

We should be fine for a few weeks. VVD will be back and Bradley looked decent. We're stretched but we'll have both Robbo and Trent back by the end of the month and things will look rosier. Hopefully Trent is back for Chelsea and Arsenal.

With Gomez available, Bradley backing him, I think we're good at right back.
Robbo and Tsimikas will be back at the end of the month.

So, buying someone now for an exorbitant sum might not be necessary.

Glad you said "might not be necessary." but i believe it would be purdent...
We all know how injury prone Gomez is..
And watching Konate go down a couple of times vs Arsenal in the cup most here would be lying if they say that they did not have thier hearts beating hard in their chests...
It is either that or bring back Nate

We should be fine for a few weeks. VVD will be back and Bradley looked decent. We're stretched but we'll have both Robbo and Trent back by the end of the month and things will look rosier. Hopefully Trent is back for Chelsea and Arsenal.

I misread rosier with Rossiter and thought we were back in 2014.

If we're really desperate theres always the option of playing Quansah at fullback, we just have to pray Konate doesn't RIP.

Thats two games
[article]
Trent Alexander-Arnold: Liverpool defender out for three weeks with knee injury

[/article]

If we're really desperate theres always the option of playing Quansah at fullback, we just have to pray Konate doesn't RIP.

This i sreally the key. We need Ibou to not break down. sods law states that he will however

Like the positivity, but this is a big blow. He can play multiple positions and along with Mo being away, our biggest chance creators are out. Just hope it’s 3 weeks, we could do with Robbo being ASAP which I guess is still end of month otherwise we are reliant on unproven youngsters with potentially too many first teamers out to ease them through. We had some proper injuries and availability issues this season to contend with…

Like the positivity, but this is a big blow. He can play multiple positions and along with Mo being away, our biggest chance creators are out. Just hope it’s 3 weeks, we could do with Robbo being ASAP which I guess is still end of month otherwise we are reliant on unproven youngsters with potentially too many first teamers out to ease them through. We had some proper injuries and availability issues this season to contend with…
.. but can he play midfield? We may never know

I'd be more positive if we could play Macca further forward

Why we should have played the kids vs Arsenal. All those games eventually caught up with us.
Fucking disaster.

Last edited:
So now we are missing 3 of starting back 5, 3 from midfield and our star forward.

Excellent.

I repeat again.. LCL isn't something that's caused by too many games.
I repeat again, the more high intensity games you play in close proximity the greater the chance of injury to players. We haven’t got the squad to compete on 4 fronts and have now put one cup and the league in jeopardy for the sake of a 3rd round tie.

giphy.gif

I repeat again, the more high intensity games you play in close proximity the greater the chance of injury to players. We haven’t got the squad to compete on 4 fronts and have now put one cup and the league in jeopardy for the sake of a 3rd round tie.

You’re making less sense than usual.

We’ve got one league game this month.

You’re basicslly saying that you’d put the chance of a cup in jeopardy by not playing Trent so that you could not put the chance of cup in jeopardy by playing Trent.

This is why we have a BIG squad of players - so we can use it. Don’t go all hyperbolic, it’s a 2 legged League Cup semi, in a competition we’ve regularly played our squaddies and kids, an FA Cup home tie against a lower league team (which we’d likely rotate a little for anyway) and likely one league game.

Annoying - but the sky had not fallen and the end of days is not upon us.

You’re basicslly saying that you’d put the chance of a cup in jeopardy by not playing Trent so that you could not put the chance of cup in jeopardy by playing Trent.

This is why we have a BIG squad of players - so we can use it. Don’t go all hyperbolic, it’s a 2 legged League Cup semi, in a competition we’ve regularly played our squaddies and kids, an FA Cup home tie against a lower league team (which we’d likely rotate a little for anyway) and likely one league game.

You're wrong, we should freak the fuck out and call for season to be voided immediately.

In a way it’s good to have the cup games as we can work out the best approach without Trent before the PL game.

If he’s out for three weeks and only misses one PL game then that’s a win for me.

If anything this is a boon.

We can now play with an actual right back and see how it impacts our play

I'm tickled pink

*Hoping for bitez*

The risk of injury was high in that game. We should have rested our big players. We were lucky we only got this injury. Big Dom last game, Trent this, probably someone else Weds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom