• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

UFC 96

foureyes

Active
Wow. And people say the refereeing standards are shit in football. The fight between Pete Sell and Matt Brown was a joke. Sell took a couple of decent head kicks followed by a 1-2 and was pretty much out on the floor. The ref grabs Matt Brown and says it's over. Sell then manages to stagger to his feet, still very groggy, and so the ref then changes his bloody mind and tells Brown to start fighting again. Brown then continues to pummel Sell for pretty much a minute or so both on the ground and standing up. Punches, kicks and knees to the head. Sell barely knew where he was and Brown even turned to the ref and threw his hands up asking him why he wasn't stopping the fight, out of concern for Sell. Eventually Brown floored Sell yet again and finally the ref stepped in. Embarrassing.

It was terrible, when Brown looked at the Ref and said "come on" it was beyond a joke, should have been stopped much much quicker. Matt Brown looked 10x the fighter he was on TUF.

I couldn't believe the way he came out. Talk about all guns blazing.

That was probably the worst card i've ever seen on a UFC night.

[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=32067.msg825527#msg825527 date=1237250166]
It was terrible, when Brown looked at the Ref and said "come on" it was beyond a joke, should have been stopped much much quicker. Matt Brown looked 10x the fighter he was on TUF.
[/quote]

That ref was thinking about production value, rather than the fighters health. He took about 6 successive punches square in the ear at one point. Sad.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=32067.msg825603#msg825603 date=1237278562]
[quote author=Peatcheo link=topic=32067.msg825527#msg825527 date=1237250166]
[/quote]

That ref was thinking about production value, rather than the fighters health. He took about 6 successive punches square in the ear at one point. Sad.
[/quote]

They need to get a grip, UFC has become a sensation & part of their selling point is the fact it's safe & regulated well. A very serious brain injury or even death would blow that apart.

Thats without even remotely considering the obvious ethical points.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=32067.msg825610#msg825610 date=1237279737]
They need to get a grip, UFC has become a sensation & part of their selling point is the fact it's safe & regulated well. A very serious brain injury or even death would blow that apart.

Thats without even remotely considering the obvious ethical points.
[/quote]

Exactly right, the US media would turn on them so quickly. It wouldn't matter that its been safer than boxing, one incident like this and it would play again and again after stupid newscasters say with hushed tones "I have to warn you, what you are about to see is very graphic".

I think the ref was feeling the effects of the fact that an earlier fight was ended too early, but still.

Back
Top Bottom