• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UFC

Modo

A contentious scando
Any UFC fans out there?

What a knock out by Rashad Evans on Chuck Liddell. WOW!!

chuckko2ho3.gif

For anyone who's interested, there are links to all recent UFC events at this site http://www.watchtvsitcoms.com/fighting.php. They update them as and when they happen too. Haven't seen the Liddell/Evans fight yet but will catch up soon.

I watched Koshack and Lytle in UFC 86 the other day though. Bloodiest fight I've ever seen.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=26847.msg669117#msg669117 date=1220821732]
Any UFC fans out there?

What a knock out by Rashad Evans on Chuck Liddell. WOW!!

chuckko2ho3.gif

[/quote]

UFC is great. i was never a great fan of The Iceman. Very heavy hands but not a lot else. Evans was a winner of one of the Ultimate Fighter reality shows, and although he's good, I never expected that.

just watched the whole of ufc 88 now, i could not believe evans knocked him out. I still think he is too small for the 205 division. UFC 89 has a shit headliner leaburn v bisping, leaburn is shit and will not last a round.

However, i cant wait for ufc 90, couture v leisner.

[quote author=millskid link=topic=26847.msg671454#msg671454 date=1221084544]
just watched the whole of ufc 88 now, i could not believe evans knocked him out. I still think he is too small for the 205 division. UFC 89 has a shit headliner leaburn v bisping, leaburn is shit and will not last a round.

However, i cant wait for ufc 90, couture v leisner.
[/quote]

Randy is a legend. he easily outclasses Lesner, but the big bastard is so strong and surprisingly fast that I think Randy may struggle.

Chris Leben is shit. He has a reputation as being a hard man with a hard punch but that's about it. I saw Anderson Silva fight him once well before he became champ and the gulf in class was embarrassing. Bisping is nothing special but is much more well rounded than Leben. I'd be shocked if he loses.

Agreed with you there. The only way I can see Couture win is obviously to take Lesner to the ground, but crapping hell hole, the bastard is HUGE.

Frank Mir taught him a lesson in how to patiently wait for your opportunity and make the most of it when it arrives. But his last fight was more impressive. Lesnar is shockingly quick for such a big guy, and he can wrestle. Not the amateur dramatics WWE shite, but he has a genuine college wrestling background. His striking is sloppy but if ever the sod should connect with Randy, god help him.

You're right that Randy has a great chance if he takes Lesnar down, but he's also great in the clinch. Dirrrrty boxing...

Should be great.

Did anybody see GSP's last fight? The man is incredible. He made Fitch (a very good fighter) look so average. There was barely a mark on GSP's face.

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/h9cBRtZPiCw[/flash]

[quote author=refugee link=topic=26847.msg675758#msg675758 date=1221511364]
[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/h9cBRtZPiCw[/flash]
[/quote]

Shouldn't this be in the pantomime thread?

[quote author=viingx link=topic=26847.msg702214#msg702214 date=1224449141]
Yup, he's getting to be very good.

Needs more KO power though.
[/quote]

A lot of the net fans dont like him and called him a coward for not banging with Leben but whats the saying Box a Brawler....

[quote author=viingx link=topic=26847.msg702214#msg702214 date=1224449141]
Yup, he's getting to be very good.

Needs more KO power though.

[/quote]

That's exactly what i've thought after seeing his last few fights. He's a well rounded fighter but not great at anything, and he certainly lacks that killer blow ala Liddel.

He was very sensible and humble after his fight and quite rightly said that he wasn't good enough for a title fight just yet. If he keeps a sensible head and works ahrd, he may just do very very well.

I was amazed to hear the commentators say that he was Britain's 12th favourite sports personality. 12th ain't great generally, but it is for a MMA fighter. It says as much for the rapid growth of MMA as it does for Bisping.

Just saw Anderson Silva beat Cote. The guy is incredible. Techincally, he has to be the best fighter on the planet. GSP is amazing, but Silva takes the piss. Footwork, stand up, clinch and a BJJ black Belt. His striking is laser guided and he's so elusive that it makes him very difficult to hit. He throws a lot of feints too which makes him unpredictable. I could watch him fight all day. Amazing fighter.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=26847.msg710751#msg710751 date=1225321853]
Just saw Anderson Silva beat Cote. The guy is incredible. Techincally, he has to be the best fighter on the planet. GSP is amazing, but Silva takes the piss. Footwork, stand up, clinch and a BJJ black Belt. His striking is laser guided and he's so elusive that it makes him very difficult to hit. He throws a lot of feints too which makes him unpredictable. I could watch him fight all day. Amazing fighter.
[/quote]

My father in law (to be) teaches MMA & reckon's he's one of teh greatest he's ever seen technically, raves about him. Hates most UFC though, reckons there's too much grappling, which is odd cos he teaches a lot of that, but he prefers explosive action, when fighting or watching!

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=26847.msg710751#msg710751 date=1225321853]
[/quote]

He is the total fighter has everything, just so far above anyone in that weightclass. It was irrelevent that Cote blew his knee becuase Silva was in total control.

Jon, western fans love the explosie action and the Eastern fans prefer the technical abilities displayed in the grapple. Obviously your father in law has much more of an insight, fights can stagnate when fighters hit the mat and neither are very good there.

[quote author=viingx link=topic=26847.msg710792#msg710792 date=1225324177]
It would have been a better fight had Cote not popped his knee cap though.
[/quote]

That was sick. When they showed it in slow motion I felt nauseous. It reminded me of Mir vs Silvia when he snapped his arm.

Peatch, do you mean neither Silva or Cote are good on the ground? Silva has a BJJ black belt and is very very good on the ground. He would have tied Cote in knots if he had taken him down.

Jon, with the ground fighting, I think your dad in law can be right with some fights as not all fighters are great on the ground, but when you see two very good grapplers it's very different. I saw Nick Diaz fight Diego Sanchez a while back and it was amazing. Both were so good on the ground that it was incredible watching two guys so technically proficient, flipping from one position to the next. Every 'attack' had a response from the opponent which then had an almost instant response from the other. It was almost as if they were trading grappling 'attacks' as opposed to punches.

[quote author=foureyes link=topic=26847.msg713297#msg713297 date=1225621650]
Peatch, do you mean neither Silva or Cote are good on the ground? Silva has a BJJ black belt and is very very good on the ground. He would have tied Cote in knots if he had taken him down.

Jon, with the ground fighting, I think your dad in law can be right with some fights as not all fighters are great on the ground, but when you see two very good grapplers it's very different. I saw Nick Diaz fight Diego Sanchez a while back and it was amazing. Both were so good on the ground that it was incredible watching two guys so technically proficient, flipping from one position to the next. Every 'attack' had a response from the opponent which then had an almost instant response from the other. It was almost as if they were trading grappling 'attacks' as opposed to punches.
[/quote]

I didnt mean either of Cote or Silva, i meant in general if two fighters are weak on the mat the fight can stagnate.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=26847.msg725652#msg725652 date=1226869076]
Couture is too old.
[/quote]

I watched this, it was the first one I have watched.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=26847.msg725652#msg725652 date=1226869076]
Couture is too old.
[/quote]

I disagree, Couture looked pretty good in the first round, he was using his game plan well getting Lesnar into the clinch making sure that he did not use his wrestling. Couture's striking was also better, unfortunately he got caught in the second but Couture would beat most of the current heavyweight division, with due preperation before a fight.

On a side note did anyone see Gonzaga? He is a monster and for sure a future champion, abu dhabi champ and brazilian black belt with unreal striking and a wonderful ground game like his AD championship proves.

On another note when is Kenny Florian getting his title shot he looked incredible, dominating a real contender in Joe Stevenson, whether he could beat BJ is another argument but he is due his shot!

Lesnar is just a freak of a man. Coutour just got caught. He didn't look bad fighting, and knew what he's suposed to do.

It was always going to be hard, with someone like Lesnar being able to randomly swing and just takes one hit to knock ANYONE out.

He's going to be brought down to earth, I'm predicting.

Gonzaga and Florian were both very impressive.

Couture was a bit unlucky to get caught out like that but that's life. Not that impressive a main event, it must be said.

[quote author=darkstarexodus link=topic=26847.msg727180#msg727180 date=1227030706]
Gonzaga and Florian were both very impressive.

Couture was a bit unlucky to get caught out like that but that's life. Not that impressive a main event, it must be said.
[/quote]

Florian very much so.

His potential title fight against BJ Penn is mouth watering.

Back
Top Bottom