• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

UFC

You could quite easily watch a gobby irish guy get mauled for less than 500 quid!

But that gobby irish guy did manage to put gloves onto the chin of the best defensive boxer ever. So you should first get to see the scary russian guy regain consciousness a few times before the mauling happens. That brave turnaround ought to excite the people and convince them that it was worth the money.

I suppose the best defensive boxer ever wasn't allowed to spear the gobby Irishman like the scary Russian guy will be allowed to.

All the talk and hype aside, it's pretty simple for me.
Scary Russian guy plays his game and doesn't mess about then the Irish guy gets mauled like everyone else.
Scary Russian guy tries to be fancy and plays the Irish guy in the stand up game Irish guy wins.

People say there were gaps in his game when he fought al iaquinta but I think he just wanted to go a few rounds standing to learn. I don't think he learnt a huge amount jus that his defence is crap.

I think they were just contrasting it with what happened to barboza, and then fake news'd it into some sort of previously unknown flaw. He's been hit plenty of times before, it just doesn't seem to bother him. McGregor will probably knock him out a few times during the fight, but he'll then back off rather than risk going to ground. Eventually Khabib will learn his lesson, protect his chin a bit, and get his take down. Even then McGregor just needs to man up, accept the mauling, and win on points. But he's too rich now, and he has a son whom he'd still want to be able to recognise his face, so he's tapping out and retiring.

I reckon McGregor has been too long out of the octagon and will get a pounding.

I was only messing around, I think there will be a huge amount of hype and the atmosphere on the night will be pretty intense. The screaming irish in the crowd certainly made a noise the previous fights.

It'll be a goodun and i think Ferguson is back and on the main card also.

I think they were just contrasting it with what happened to barboza, and then fake news'd it into some sort of previously unknown flaw. He's been hit plenty of times before, it just doesn't seem to bother him. McGregor will probably knock him out a few times during the fight, but he'll then back off rather than risk going to ground. Eventually Khabib will learn his lesson, protect his chin a bit, and get his take down. Even then McGregor just needs to man up, accept the mauling, and win on points. But he's too rich now, and he has a son whom he'd still want to be able to recognise his face, so he's tapping out and retiring.

If Khabib gets him down, and gets on top of him, then Conor is fucked. Much like Khabib is if Conor catches him with his buster douglas one-shot left hand.

If Khabib gets him down, and gets on top of him, then Conor is fucked. Much like Khabib is if Conor catches him with his buster douglas one-shot left hand.

So which one happens then?
Seems Khabib has a higher percentage of getting Conor down than Conor catching him especially if it goes past round 2

I'm pretty sure both happens. McGregor was a very good striker before Mayweather, afterwards he can only have become even better. Khabib is definitely getting dropped in the first two rounds and falling way behind on points. But after those two rounds, McGregor gets all his power from a snappy type action because he has the same type of muscle in his arms that black dudes have in their legs, so the lactic acid build up puts paid to his main weapon, he won't have the same snap in his shots, then it's Khabib time, a very angry Khabib, meaning it could get quite difficult to watch.

Last edited:

Nah his power stuns fighters more than it puts their lights out. As long as Khabib doesn't rush forward with his chin in the air like Aldo, he'll get back up fairly quickly.

So which one happens then?
Seems Khabib has a higher percentage of getting Conor down than Conor catching him especially if it goes past round 2

Well the bookies have Khabib favourite at 8/13 and Conor at 11/8, so they think it's more likely he gets Conor over.
Thing was, he caught Aldo with the buster douglas and that's all she wrote. He puts people to sleep easily with that flukey left hand, but the rest of him isn't great at all - He's a little elusive but Nate was catching him for fun, he doesn't take a shot too well and panics, he can't wrestle, he's got no submissions, he can't really kick, and his endurance was terrible vs Nate.
Khabib on the other hand, isn't that great a striker and doesn't have any kicks, but is a fantastic wrestler, has submissions, has an iron chin, and great conditioning.
It's an interesting one. On paper, you write off Conor as he's only got 1 weapon, but everyone knows what happens when you write him off and his back is to the wall.
He's lost 2 of his last 3 fights, 1 of his losses against barely a top 10 MMA fighter, and the other a boxing match against a fantastic boxer way way past his prime.

Flukey left hand is a bit unfair. He's not swinging and hoping for the best. Anyone he has fought has claimed his precision and timing is impeccable. He has shown his ability to kick also. He kicked the leg off Diaz and he used to throw a lot of kicks in his earlier fights.
Khabib will surely take him down and try to pummel him. Mendez did that too and McGregor took it, got back up and TKO'd Mendez. Khabib is a different monster to Mendez I know.

Everytime McGregor fights we are told that he's got no chance and he usually proves people wrong. He ran through the featherweight division (beating Holloway, Porier, Mendez and Aldo on the way) and then dismantled the lightweight champion who was supposed to run through him.
Saying that I also wouldn't be surprised if Khabib grounds and pounds him every chance he can. Hope McGregor stuns Khabib to his arse early doors and goes from there.

Last edited:
Till was terrible last night, not sure what was wrong with him. He also looking terrible on the weight front, he'd obviously cut way too much and didn't look healthy at all, he needs to stop cheating and fight at his own weight.
Saying that, Woodley, who I don't like, was very very good in his performance and a good finish.

Last edited:
You answered your own question, he needs to move up a weight class or two. Happy for Woodley, served Dana White right too, bald cunt is trying to be Vince McMahon or something.

I'm sure Till will say it was nothing to do with the weight and he felt fine, but what he can use an excuse for not landing a single punch outside of that then god only knows.
There are some big guys for him at 185 though, Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Jacare are all massive, then there's Gastelum in there too. I'm not sure where Till goes now, if he goes to 185 he could well get beasted, and if he stays at 170 cheating via weight cut then he's out of the title picture for a year or 2.

He's only back as he got 30months knocked off his ban for ratting out the ufc rosta on what they've been taking and how they've been cheating the tests. How to win friends and influence people. His lawyer didn't have to do shit, Jon sang like a canary the lowlife.

I did a similar thing but not to rat people out. The intention is more likely to have been along the lines of look I know everything, if you want to continue this little enterprise of yours then do as I say, or I bring this whole shit down tomorrow.

So the lucky leprechaun is at it again this weekend, again, on paper vs someone much better than him. But, he could also buster douglas Khabib and no one would be surprised. Anyone having a bet? I'd like to think that Khabib hulk smashes him and ruins his career as he'd be W1 L3 in his last 4, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
If Khabib gets him down, and keeps him down, then he's fucked. But, I don't think Khabib's chin will stand up to a clean shot either. There's the option for an easy points win too if Khabib can't get him down, as he's not really known for his striking and standup.

I don't see Khabib losing. He can attempt as many takedowns as he likes, if anything McGregor will get tired defending them all. On the other hand McGregor can't throw as many punches and kicks as he likes or he'll definitely get tired. McGregor probably wins the first two rounds, then wishes he was dead during the final three.

I've watched a few bits and pieces online, the whole thing about body language during the face off, analysing fight styles and previous matches etc it's quite enjoyable.
My two pennies worth Conor is gonna get mauled, Khabib won't walk into the punch and the stupid spinning kicks and front kicks that Conor normally does will lead to an easy take down and ground and pound from Khabib. Conor keeps low, keeps his distance he might be able to land a punch but again Conor is a great counter puncher and Khabib probably won't be doing much stand up punching.

Also Khabib looks like he's been standing letting people punch him in the face during camp, black eye and bruises and cuts on his face.

You still have to respect Conor, the cunt did not back down from the most difficult fight possible. At least with Mayweather, the worst case is he eats a few slaps to the face from weak padded hands. This time when it goes wrong, he must know the sickening mauling that will follow. Most sane people would have made their excuses and declined.

I think McGregor has been too long out of the octagon, he has no need for the money any more and he's been snorting too much coke. He'll be ravaged.

I don't think any of that will impact on McGregor. He has definitely taken his arseholery up a few notches but he looks in great shape and lightweight is where he is at his best.

It's going to be the usual from him - he'll get gassed but he's a KO threat.

I just wonder whether any of it will matter against Khabib. I haven't seen a single full fight, just highlight videos but he looks like his 26-0 record is well deserved. He's a unique talent in a very different way to McGregor.

Back
Top Bottom