• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

United.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how to describe Arn. The usual insults just don't even seem applicable

He's like the dark matter or string theory of retards. Unquantifiable. Beyond the normal calculus of physics and maths

Reread all his posts imagining he's actually Suarez bashing away on his keyboard in Spain and pining for a move back (whilst also imagining Suarez secretly had man love for Lucas while he was here).

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Do you think I care about a nobody like you, the nameless one? You insult everyone. You insult our players, all of them. You insult every poster. You make insults right, left, centre. You don't have a clue about players but you moan and insults them. You don't have a clue about tactics but you moan about it.

You make so many insults that it is a part of your posting style. If you don't make an insult in a post then someone must have hijacked your account.

You don't have a clue about players or tactics so you moan and make insults instead.

I have you on ignore but when you are not logged in I can read your posts. It is fun reading because you are so full of hate so all the hate is fun to read. Please post more hate. It is fun reading. Sometimes when I need a laugh I read your posts and laugh because you are a very funny man. Hate, hate, hate and a bit more hate.

You should change your avatar because your not even close to be as tough as Mr Eastwood. You are a weak man that must make insults to be heared because no one really cares about you if you don't. When you make insults we laugh at you.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Do you think I care about a nobody like you, the nameless one? You insult everyone. You insult our players, all of them. You insult every poster. You make insults right, left, centre. You don't have a clue about players but you moan and insults them. You don't have a clue about tactics but you moan about it.

You make so many insults that it is a part of your posting style. If you don't make an insult in a post then someone must have hijacked your account.

You don't have a clue about players or tactics so you moan and make insults instead.

I have you on ignore but when you are not logged in I can read your posts. It is fun reading because you are so full of hate so all the hate is fun to read. Please post more hate. It is fun reading. Sometimes when I need a laugh I read your posts and laugh because you are a very funny man. Hate, hate, hate and a bit more hate.

You should change your avatar because your not even close to be as tough as Mr Eastwood. You are a weak man that must make insults to be heared because no one really cares about you if you don't. When you make insults we laugh at you.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

You're

Arn for the record you should have been around when he was Brendan with the deadly eyes if you think all he does is insult now.

He's like a kitten now compared to a lion before.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Brilliant!

Does anyone watch those Paddypower fan denial videos?

I would pay good money for them to do Arn's post in one.

Well, it is fun reading his posts. A couple of days ago he insulted a player and then a few hours later he admitted that he didn't had a clue if the player is good or not. I mean that is even more weird than some of my posts. He is a funny man.

I work against net hate so I know why he posts the way he do. He is afraid that no one will listen to him if he don't make insults. He must be heard. He must be the top dog. The alfa male. Question him and you are an idiot. How dare you question the mighty one.

It is fun reading when he tries his very best to look like the alfa male, the top dog. In reality he is a nobody. He isn't the alfa male, the top dog. He is a nobody that almost everyone laugh at.

Surely one misspelling of 'alpha' was just an accident.
Oh, twice.
Ah right, three times.

Some thoughts on United. I can see Mourinho employing one of the 3 main systems, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 "diamond." Let's talk about each one in order.

4-2-3-1 would be the most balanced and most conductive to Mourinho's patented counter-attacking game, but it just doesn't fit United summer transfers and key players, unless Mourinho wants to walk into a bitter conflict right from the start. The first problem is that there is no satisfactory way Ibra, Rooney and Mkhitaryan can be on the pitch at the same time; none of them are any good on the wing and there are only 2 available spots in the middle. Also if that's the basic system, I don't know why United would want to buy Pogba, since in Mourinho's 4-2-3-1 both CMs sit in front of the defense and rarely join the attack – that's not what Pogba is about at all.

4-3-3 would perfectly suit Pogba and Ibra, but not many others. Once again Rooney would have to be either on the wing or on the bench, same for Mkhitaryan (he did play as a CM in Shakhtar, but I highly doubt that he is disciplined enough for that role in Mourinho's team. If he plays, it would be at #10 and nowhere else). And with Martial surely too young to win Mourinho's trust at this point, United have no great goal-scoring wingers who can support and play off Ibra the way Chelsea's wingers supported Drogba and Diego Costa. This system would also rely way too much on 35-year-old Ibra as the only striker capable of being a focal point in attack.

Finally there is 4-4-2 "diamond", not one of Mourinho's favorites but one he did use in the past, notably when trying to integrate Shevchenko into Chelsea's game (which failed). This system would allow for all 3 of Ibra, Rooney and Mkhitaryan to be on the pitch at the same time, while making good use on United's CMs (including the possible signings of Pogba or Matuidi) and attacking full-backs. This would mean the likes of Depay and Ashley Young would be frozen out of the first team (which wouldn't be such a great loss for them) and the only possible downside would be the relative lack of pace through the middle when Rooney and Ibra are playing alongside each other (which can be corrected by bringing on Martial or Rashford). I think this is the most likely route, given United's transfer strategy this summer, however this is Mourinho's least favored basic system and the only one that didn't win him the league in the past.

To conclude, I don't see United under Mourinho as an instant success. He will have to choose between alienating key players or using a system he himself doesn't trust; unlike 2004 Chelsea or 2008 Inter, the team has no obvious core of experienced players that fit into his style – their best talents are younger and it's well-known that Mou doesn't trust youth. There will be a lot of change and upheaval in the seasons ahead and the only way Mourinho can build a title-winning side out of this team will be by completely rebuilding it over the years and weathering all the storms that will come with it. I wouldn't necessarily bet against that, given the resources at his disposal, but he would need to show a new level of calmness and maturity to succeed at United.

Last edited:
And why in God's name are you thinking about them to the extent that you've devised several different permutations upon how they'll play.

Why not? I will probably do a similar post on City and Chelsea once the dust starts settling down over there. For one thing, maybe looking at United with a critical eye will help some of our fans not to panic quite as much about United being inevitable champions this year because they've signed Ibra and Mkhitaryan and are in talks for Pogba. All good players, but you have to make the team work and I'm arguing that it's not that easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom