• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Very Important Announcement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it cost?

Nope it's free and anyone can create their own channel. The only issue is making the channel known to public, because i'd assume you would want new posters to know about 6CM too.

What you can do is possibly create a simple one page website and a icon link to your Discord channel instead, or you can promote 6CM on places like Reddit for instance, and redirect them to Discord instead.

Think of Discord like 6CM on Tapatalk. The downside to it, however, is that nobody's gonna download Tapatalk and discover 6CM for the first time, unless they're already existing users of 6CM.

It's basically New IRC.. I've been playing with it over there just few days

You create a channel and off you go..

You can create channels of varying factors mind.. but you will end up having multiple discussions.. difficult to keep track off particularly if many users are online..

You can create channels of varying factors mind.. but you will end up having multiple discussions.. difficult to keep track off particularly if many users are online..

So it's not a great option ... TY

Nope it's free and anyone can create their own channel. The only issue is making the channel known to public, because i'd assume you would want new posters to know about 6CM too.

What you can do is possibly create a simple one page website and a icon link to your Discord channel instead, or you can promote 6CM on places like Reddit for instance, and redirect them to Discord instead.
Why?

Treate Subchannels like 6CM’s subforums.

I don't use discord but from what i'm hearing - would it not work ok if someone started a new subchannel (aka thread) but deleted when done e.g. match threads

Some longstanding threads could be kept going e.g. picture, gif etc.

I haven't properly taken in this thread - will this site actually die even if no one is administering the back end? What is driving the maintenance?

I like discord but don’t not a fan as a replacement persistent forums.
It doesn’t map welll for 6SCM functionality and most of all conversations are very transient and hard to follow for anything long term.

For fucks sake. If you want to keep hold of the place. Have a whip round and then just find a managed xenforo hosting solution and pay for it. Plenty of hosting/migration services out there Need a couple of forum admins and away you go. You're really all making it harder than it needs to be.

Something like this https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ting-packages-for-new-existing-forums.155087/

Based on that link you sent, so the annual cost of maintaining year 1 of this forum should be 35 + 11*20 = $ 255? From year 2 onwards, it should be 12*20 = 240 US$? Basically between 250 and 300 US$ per year. Did I understand that correctly, @Lippy?

I will be happy to contribute to that.

Based on that link you sent, so the annual cost of maintaining year 1 of this forum should be 35 + 11*20 = $ 255? From year 2 onwards, it should be 12*20 = 240 US$? Basically between 250 and 300 US$ per year. Did I understand that correctly, @Lippy?

I will be happy to contribute to that.

Yeh something like that if there's enough of you it's probably a few bucks each a year. Takes someone to organise it that's all. Not me. I did my stint years back when I migrated this forum from SMF to Xenforo in the first place.

Or we could just tell Jono we love him.. and he has the green light to sacrifice Dreamy.

On a serious note. Get the just giving page up and let's get the meter running.

For fucks sake. If you want to keep hold of the place. Have a whip round and then just find a managed xenforo hosting solution and pay for it. Plenty of hosting/migration services out there Need a couple of forum admins and away you go. You're really all making it harder than it needs to be.

Something like this https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ting-packages-for-new-existing-forums.155087/
This seems like the most reasonable and desirable thing to do and I am happy to contribute.
A couple of hundred quid a year shouldn't be difficult to muster among us all.

This seems like the most reasonable and desirable thing to do and I am happy to contribute.
A couple of hundred quid a year shouldn't be difficult to muster among us all.

I think we sorted that idea a while ago. We just need someone to pick the managed solution, host, and developer, manage the funds, and oversee the migration.

I'll chuck in some funds once we have that decided.

Or I'll do all the legwork if Jono sends me all the login credentials, but I want two tickets for two matches at Anfield once crowds are back in.

Yeh but you can't create a thread..

Multiple conversations could be going on..

It essentially IRC chat evolved..

Oh yeah you're right. It won't work.

Discord is out then.

Yeah just pay a little extra to renew the yearly hosting, maintenance and etc.

If you need any technical expertise, seriously, just post an ad on sites like Fiverr, Freelance or Upwork, and you can easily get someone to do the job for less than a few pints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom