• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Very Important Announcement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're all arsed about the forum continuing. Have a whip round, buy another server, and pay this fella to migrate all your shit.

https://xenforo.com/community/members/claudio.1577/

The running of the site after the migration should be easy enough. You just need to know how to stop/start services and schedule backups etc... and most of this can be done via admin panels. As for Xenforo - it's a piece of piss to work with and even adding mods just needs a little basic FTP skills.

When you say buy another server do you mean just sort out some space with aws or whatever?

I believe timeline is like August so we aren't in a crazy rush. I think you just need to know how to migrate a server and everyone chips into a wordpress type plugin system for forums or whatever

I also might be chatting out my arse so Jono should tell you what's needed
You can get a ton of stuff done that you know nothing about on People per hour (more expensive) or I had a lot of website building success with Fiverr (most techs come from India. Bangladesh etc.) for literally peanuts, a couple of years back.

Like I've said earlier..

A new site ideally needs to be created from scratch with SSL also Implemented

Point sixcrazydev domain to the new host

Install Xenforo 1.x and the dependencies to new host

Migrate database.. content etc

Winscp is your friend certainly for the current host

Disable all addon.. though you shouldn't have any installed tbf..

Update to Xenforo 2.x

SCM themearise for 2.x.. Current theme will no longer be compatible... Just change colour pallet on default theme to match legacy site..

Enable SSL and certificate for SSL and a few other security measure

Point Sixcrazyminutes.com the new host

Done

Ideally a hosting solution with PHP, mysql, phpmyadmin already installed will certainly make those maintaining it.. life's easier..

They will also carry out snapshot of the host.. which will cover your back up element..

Though you should also backup the DB to separate storage node, location.. which will maintain db stability in the event of a restore..

Some hosting solutions have this built-in..

Ghandi has a BYO solution.. which for a tech savvy bod like me.. I quite like...

But as I've stated I just don't have the time or desire to do this anymore

@Lippy I think gets where in coming from with this..

Last edited:
Sounds like he could do the whole thing and maintain the thing going forwards. All costs funds though

I met a Claudio a couple of years ago.

He could also sort a few things. Nothing with computers though.

So drastically late to the party here and got nothing to bring to the table in terms of tech stuff, but willing to chip in as always in terms of ponying up funds to help out

The thing is I’m a tech guy and work in IT my entire career and I know exactly what 6TimesRed is talking about especially the techie stuff, but like many got too many sh*t going on in my life right now. Hardly have enough time for myself for months now since the pandemic struck.

The main reason I got into crypto is only simply to hopefully make enough money to get out of a lot of crap I’m in right now.

Sorry lads I’m afraid the most I can offer to help is to chip in the cost for now. And possibly some technical guidance, the best I can.

The thing is I’m a tech guy and work in IT my entire career and I know exactly what 6TimesRed is talking about especially the techie stuff, but like many got too many sh*t going on in my life right now. Hardly have enough time for myself for months now since the pandemic struck.

The main reason I got into crypto is only simply to hopefully make enough money to get out of a lot of crap I’m in right now.

Sorry lads I’m afraid the most I can offer to help is to chip in the cost for now. And possibly some technical guidance, the best I can.

Hope you'll be ok bro -

How long before the lights get turned off?

It seems there’s enough people willing to put some funds in - how much do we need and who’s parsnips need buttered?

How long before the lights get turned off?

It seems there’s enough people willing to put some funds in - how much do we need and who’s parsnips need buttered?

The issue is, and I'm just being up front and honest, is right now - FFF is busy and cannot give any time to making the decision ... and Jono is busy too, so rarely on to discuss how we can do this ...

Last game of the season seems to be the most reasonable date to switch it off. I don’t want to start another Kelly’s Heroes just for someone to turn them off during the recruitment cycle.

Last game of the season seems to be the most reasonable date to switch it off. I don’t want to start another Kelly’s Heroes just for someone to turn them off during the recruitment cycle.
You better start it on the Reddit sub forum or I'll be coming for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom